Congrats to the NFL Network

Simon

Just wanted to give a nod to the NFL Network for its stunning sophmore season. Not only did you drop the brilliant "Playbook" (your only good piece of original programming) and phase out great analysts like Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe, not only have you made your Sunday hilites show unwatchable by allowing it to become the Deion Sanders hour, not only has your great leap forward in your 2nd year involved things like adding multiple shows about cheerleaders to your programming, but now we find out that you've decided to also ruin your game broadcasts by putting the universally despised (for good reason) Cris Collinsworth in the booth with some pud that sounds like Anderson Cooper's little sister. I now can't watch the NFL network even when there's an NFL game on it! :devil:

So congrats NFL Network for taking a potentially brilliant idea and mangling it so badly that your network is entirely unwatchable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Only a spectacular effort from a special group of "men" could make a channel supposedly devoted to football unwatchable for football fans. :devil:

How does CC keep geting jobs?

I can't stand him.

I stopped watching Inside the NFL because of him.

I still watch NFLN but you are right, they are watering it down, playbook was the best show.

I do like the cheerleader challenge :devil:, but it was on all the time.

That game broadcast was absolutely terrible!!!

846870[/snapback]

I'm one of the unlucky Time Warner customers that never saw it, but I'd have to think that we need to give them a few games to get better. After that, then we can say how bad they suck.

That said, I wondered about Bryant Gumbel as a play-by-play guy and didn't miss Cris Collinsworth last night. I can only imagine how painful the game was to watch - based solely on the broadcasters.

That said, I wondered about Bryant Gumbel as a play-by-play guy and didn't miss Cris Collinsworth last night. I can only imagine how painful the game was to watch - based solely on the broadcasters.

846889[/snapback]

I didn't realize that was Bryant Gumbel. I got home midway through the 1stqrtr, flipped it on, heard Collinsworth and his squeaky partner, flipped it back off and decorated with the wife/kids. I turned it abck on early in the 4th and watch the rest of the game with the sound off. Relatively painless, which is a less than stellar review for a great divisional matchup. :devil:

I didn't get to see it but man, I couldn't disagree more:

Collinsworth >>>>>> Sharpe & Wilcots.

Collinsworth is the only thing about "Football Night in America" that doesn't totally suck.

846900[/snapback]

Why am I not surprised you prefer bluster to insight?-)

Bryant Gumbel was absolutely terrible, probably the worst announced game of all time, why the hell would the NFL Network pick him to announce the games

there are plenty of bad announcers out there but I can usually live with them because its football....I actually turned this game off last night, it was that bad

I just typed in 'insight' on dictionary.com and I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to Sterling Sharpe.

846908[/snapback]

Yet it does apply to Collinsworth? Sterling Sharpe may not be the best analyst in the business, but he's much more likely to say what he *really* thinks. Collinsworth is an analyst just so he can hear himself talk....forget about how he changes his opinions weekly.

Just wanted to give a nod to the NFL Network for its stunning sophmore season. Not only did you drop the brilliant "Playbook" (your only good piece of original programming) and phase out great analysts like Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe,

846851[/snapback]

Playbook was one of the best shows that they had. One would think that is the kind of show that the NFL Network was made for.

Why am I not surprised that you personally attack someone with an opinion that differs from yours?

846920[/snapback]

Actually I was jes havin me a litte fun with Mr Orange. Now get out of my thread wanker.

Playbook was one of the best shows that they had. One would think that is the kind of show that the NFL Network was made for.

Thats what I thought too which was why I was really so encouraged after their first year on the air. Maybe that's why I'm so disappointed in their 2nd year.

I'd even go so far as to say that Playbook was the best football show I had ever seen on any network. Wilcots and Sharpe know their stuff, stay on-task, and put the game before their "personalities". And great segments from sharp guys like Mayock helped the show as well. I wasn't even this bummed back when they cancelled Family Guy. :devil:

Bryant Gumbel was absolutely terrible, probably the worst announced game of all time, why the hell would the NFL Network pick him to announce the games

there are plenty of bad announcers out there but I can usually live with them because its football....I actually turned this game off last night, it was that bad

846903[/snapback]

Ha HA I actually turned it on for less than 30 seconds to check the score and came to the exact same conclusions as every other poster in this thread......LMAO ...After which, I commented, that was so bad I don't know how anyone could stand listening for any longer than a minute or 2 ......

Survivor, csi, and sharks was much better than listening to Bryant and Chrissy for 3 hours, even if it was a football game, that was good, which apparently, it wasn't!! :devil:

By the way who freakin cares if ROMO is trying to dip his tool in that nasty lookin Jessica cess pool?

Hey ROMO; you can find higher class snatch on the local street corner in any city........... :devil:

Solution is simple: turn the TV volume down & turn the music volume up. Works like a charm for ESPN's MNF, and it worked for the NFL Network's game last night. Camera work was good & the HD PQ was fine, that's all I needed.

Just wanted to give a nod to the NFL Network for its stunning sophmore season. Not only did you drop the brilliant "Playbook" (your only good piece of original programming) and phase out great analysts like Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe, not only have you made your Sunday hilites show unwatchable by allowing it to become the Deion Sanders hour, not only has your great leap forward in your 2nd year involved things like adding multiple shows about cheerleaders to your programming, but now we find out that you've decided to also ruin your game broadcasts by putting the universally despised (for good reason) Cris Collinsworth in the booth with some pud that sounds like Anderson Cooper's little sister. I now can't watch the NFL network even when there's an NFL game on it!  :devil:

So congrats NFL Network for taking a potentially brilliant idea and mangling it so badly that your network is entirely unwatchable 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Only a spectacular effort from a special group of "men" could make a channel supposedly devoted to football unwatchable for football fans.  :devil:

846851[/snapback]

Thumbs up. So true, and this is just from watching the highlights they post on nfl.com