Romo destined for failure?

ieatcrayonz

ESPN put up an interesting stat on SportsCenter today. They listed the QB's who had a 5 TD game before they were 25. Here is the list

Romo

Kurt Warner

Cuaozzo

Van Brocklin

So he is in a group of four with one guy who had a good, but short, run and then fell flat, and two other guys that no one has ever heard of. Plus, when Warner was with the Rams there was a ton of talent around him. Dallas is good, but not that good.

I think it is just a coincidence and Romo might or might not do well, but that is a pretty poor group right there.

ESPN put up an interesting stat on SportsCenter today.  They listed the QB's who had a 5 TD game before they were 25.  Here is the list

Romo

Kurt Warner

Cuaozzo

Van Brocklin

So he is in a group of four with one guy who had a good, but short, run and then fell flat, and two other guys that no one has ever heard of.  Plus, when Warner was with the Rams there was a ton of talent around him.  Dallas is good, but not that good. 

I think it is just a coincidence and Romo might or might not do well, but that is a pretty poor group right there.

846848[/snapback]

hooking up with jessica simpson will spell the end for this guy. just ask nick lachey.

Now that there is sufficient film on Romo - his opponents will game plan to shut him down. Stick a fork in him...............

846871[/snapback]

There's 10 years of game film on Manning. When is someone going to shut him down?

and it's not just Manning. I could pick any starting QB in the NFL and plug it into this sentence...

There's (x) years of game film on (starting QB). Do they get shut down every week?

Romo

Kurt Warner

Cuaozzo

Van Brocklin

So he is in a group of four with one guy who had a good, but short, run and then fell flat, and two other guys that no one has ever heard of. 

846848[/snapback]

Are you serious? You've never heard of Norm Van Brocklin?????????

ESPN put up an interesting stat on SportsCenter today.  They listed the QB's who had a 5 TD game before they were 25.  Here is the list

Romo

Kurt Warner

Cuaozzo

Van Brocklin

So he is in a group of four with one guy who had a good, but short, run and then fell flat, and two other guys that no one has ever heard of.  Plus, when Warner was with the Rams there was a ton of talent around him.  Dallas is good, but not that good. 

846848[/snapback]

Never heard of Hall of Famer Norm Van Brocklin. Class of 1971

Quarterback >>> 6-1, 190

(Oregon) 1949-1957 Los Angeles Rams, 1958-1960 Philadelphia Eagles

Norman Mack Van Brocklin. . .Oregon All-America, 1948. . . Rams' No. 4 draftee, 1949. . .Led NFL in passing three years, punting twice. . .Career mark: 1,553 completions for 23,611 yards, 173 TDs. . .73-yard pass gave Rams 1951 title. . . Passed for 554 yards one game, 1951. . . Generalled Eagles to 1960 NFL crown. . .NFL's Most Valuable Player, 1960. . . Selected to nine Pro Bowl games. . .Born March 15, 1926, in Eagle Butte, South Dakota. . .Died May 2, 1983, at age of 57.

You must really know your Football history. I am 34 and I knew he was a Hall of Famer.

Are you serious?  You've never heard of Norm Van Brocklin?????????

846882[/snapback]

Was he the guy that made that big comeback on Thanksgiving for Dallas against the Redskins when Staubach got hurt? I thought his name was Clint Van Brocklin.

Romo

Kurt Warner

Cuaozzo

Van Brocklin

846848[/snapback]

Warner didn't play in the NFL until he was 27 and didn't start until 28.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12797

There's 10 years of game film on Manning. When is someone going to shut him down?

and it's not just Manning. I could pick any starting QB in the NFL and plug it into this sentence...

There's (x) years of game film on (starting QB). Do they get shut down every week?

846879[/snapback]

True....but while the opponents make adjustments to the QB, the great QBs adjust to those adjustments. Manning (Peyton) being one of them.

I'll wait and see what happens when opposing defenses are able to shut him down. If Romo bounces back from those games and makes the appropriate adjustments, then I'll start to give him the benefit of the doubt. While he's having a good run right now, I think the jury is still out on him - and will be for a while.

If he is dating her, that has to drive Parcells nuts.  He hates stuff like that.  Must be driving Drew nuts too.  Romo has his job and the girl!

846881[/snapback]

I don't think Parcells will have any problem with it whatsoever after how he played on Thursday. Gotta stick with what works!