Picard vs Kirk

But if Pat Boone had NOT been at the Alamo would he have gained enough popularity to become President in the first place?

843777[/snapback]

Prob'ly not. I think Davy Crickett would have won the Mexkin killin' vote. Darn rental car stands. Why'd he ever think that hangin' out at a Tex'n rental car stand would get him votes outside of Tennessee is still a mystery.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat Buchanan was a great President - like Kirk!

Picard, OTOH, is queer.

843820[/snapback]

Kirk was an Admiral, but I agree with your sentiment. He didn't have pockets and he still got all the hot chicks.

Picard IMO is queer whether he's right or left handed.

Then why did jimmy_from_north_buffalo say he was President???

843837[/snapback]

Jimmy Griffin couldn't get elected president of the local neighborhood watch ferchrissakes. He just loves shooting his mouth off all the time cause he beat Davy Boone in a wrestling match.

Jimmy Griffin couldn't get elected president of the local neighborhood watch ferchrissakes.  He just loves shooting his mouth off all the time cause he beat Davy Boone in a wrestling match.

843851[/snapback]

But when did he move to North Buffalo??? Jimmy was always a 'Southie'!

But when did he move to North Buffalo???  Jimmy was always a 'Southie'!

843895[/snapback]

If memory serves, he moved north at about the same time as the Dred Nought decision came down. He felt that his political ambitions could be better met if he uprooted himself and his family. To this day his wife is still a bitter bitter woman. Just to spite Jimmy she voted for that fag Picard.

NERRRRRDS!

I'm not going to get involved in this thread.  Nope, not gonna do it.  In fact I won't even bother reading any future posts.

Hope you guys have fun.

843941[/snapback]

:P

So you are ignorant and stupid? You are making fun of me because of your own ignorance. That really is rich! I'm not surprised you didn't check out the link to see who the 15th President of the United States was. Coward

843653[/snapback]

Crayonz 1

Unfortunate soul who fell into his trap 0

This Kirk/Picard issue is a serious matter for serious-minded people. It is deserving of careful consideration.

After pondering the difficulty for some time, I have decided that Picard is by far the better leader, the better captain, and the better man.

Why? Well, the very fact that I am giving reasons should show why I chose Picard.

First, Picard is a man of reason, not a sentimental fop (Kirk). A true leader, and a true man, is not governed by childish displays of emotion, but rather by careful deliberation (Picard).

Second, Picard is man of learning. In his off-hours, Picard reads archeology, literature, history, and philosophy. He thereby fulfills his greatest capacity as a human being--the capacity to think, reason, and know. I don't think there is evidence that Kirk knows how to read (much less to think). In his off-hours, he collapses, exhausted and spent from his outrageous displays of emotion.

Third, Picard is a man of self-discipline. Unlike Kirk, he is not governed by his base, lower, animalistic drives (such as the desire for sex). Every action Picard takes is done so because it is the right thing to do (in his mind), and not simply because he "wants to." Kirk beds every woman who comes his way, showing a profound lack of respect for the sacred dimension of the sexual act.

In short, Picard is governed by reason, and Kirk by desires and emotions. As a result, Picard is better than Kirk. Finally, if you choose Kirk, you clearly display the same qualities that Kirk posesses, and show a lack of appreciation for the rational faculty. Therefore, you too are a lesser human being.

This Kirk/Picard issue is a serious matter for serious-minded people.  It is deserving of careful consideration.

After pondering the difficulty for some time, I have decided that Picard is by far the better leader, the better captain, and the better man.

Why?  Well, the very fact that I am giving reasons should show why I chose Picard. 

First, Picard is a man of reason, not a sentimental fop (Kirk).  A true leader, and a true man, is not governed by childish displays of emotion, but rather by careful deliberation (Picard).

Second, Picard is man of learning.  In his off-hours, Picard reads archeology, literature, history, and philosophy.  He thereby fulfills his greatest capacity as a human being--the capacity to think, reason, and know.  I don't think there is evidence that Kirk knows how to read (much less to think).  In his off-hours, he collapses, exhausted and spent from his outrageous displays of emotion.

Third, Picard is a man of self-discipline.  Unlike Kirk, he is not governed by his base, lower, animalistic drives (such as the desire for sex).  Every action Picard takes is done so because it is the right thing to do (in his mind), and not simply because he "wants to."  Kirk beds every woman who comes his way, showing a profound lack of respect for the sacred dimension of the sexual act. 

In short, Picard is governed by reason, and Kirk by desires and emotions.  As a result, Picard is better than Kirk.  Finally, if you choose Kirk, you clearly display the same qualities that Kirk posesses, and show a lack of appreciation for the rational faculty.  Therefore, you too are a lesser human being.

846327[/snapback]

Well your name is Tolstoy and I'm sure you took that from the famous French writer, so it stands to reason that you would figure out a bunch of non-sensical reasons to side with the French captain. In the future you may want to consider that you can wrap all the reasons you want around sided with a limp wristed frog but it'll still make you look like a limp wristed frog too.

This Kirk/Picard issue is a serious matter for serious-minded people.  It is deserving of careful consideration.

Why?  Well, the very fact that I am giving reasons should show why I chose Picard. 

First, Picard is a man of reason, not a sentimental fop (Kirk).  A true leader, and a true man, is not governed by childish displays of emotion, but rather by careful deliberation (Picard).

Second, Picard is man of learning.  In his off-hours, Picard reads archeology, literature, history, and philosophy.  He thereby fulfills his greatest capacity as a human being--the capacity to think, reason, and know.  I don't think there is evidence that Kirk knows how to read (much less to think).  In his off-hours, he collapses, exhausted and spent from his outrageous displays of emotion.

Third, Picard is a man of self-discipline.  Unlike Kirk, he is not governed by his base, lower, animalistic drives (such as the desire for sex).  Every action Picard takes is done so because it is the right thing to do (in his mind), and not simply because he "wants to."  Kirk beds every woman who comes his way, showing a profound lack of respect for the sacred dimension of the sexual act. 

In short, Picard is governed by reason, and Kirk by desires and emotions.  As a result, Picard is better than Kirk.  Finally, if you choose Kirk, you clearly display the same qualities that Kirk posesses, and show a lack of appreciation for the rational faculty.  Therefore, you too are a lesser human being.

846327[/snapback]

Do we need a Dostoevsky vs Tolstoy thread??? I'm with Fyodor myself. Can't beat Crime and Punishment and the Possessed!

Well your name is Tolstoy and I'm sure you took that from the famous French writer, so it stands to reason that you would figure out a bunch of non-sensical reasons to side with the French captain.  In the future you may want to consider that you can wrap all the reasons you want around sided with a limp wristed frog but it'll still make you look like a limp wristed frog too.

846358[/snapback]

Dude, Tolstoy was Russian, and I am not French. But your statement is a perfect Kirkian response.

BTW, my statement above was tongue-in-cheek.