Next Week Dictates it All!

The Big Cat

One can only take so much from a big win over the Texans. Don't get me wrong, to see the Bills overcome a fourth quarter lead and win a close game is awesome...the game snapped a THIRTEEN game losing streak of games decided by three points or less. But let's see how this momentum carries them into next week. Buffalo might be setting themselves up for a 2004esque late playoff run. If all the stars align...it could happen...

Jacksonville - a lot of momentum coming home against a team without their starting quarterback. Buffalo SHOULD win this game. IF they do:

SD- Two game winning streak. Back at home, expect to see a similar game plan like we saw against the Colts may be not as much running because SD is obviously better against the run, but a patient, methodical game plan and more turnover-free football (LIKE WE'VE BASICALLY SEEN SINCE THE BYE WEEK) could equal a big upset for the Bills. Not to mention, HERE COMES THE SNOW...

NYJ- No matter how you cut it, this will be a good game and will come down to which team makes fewer mistakes. Buffalo should have won the last contest and looks to even the 2006 series. Especially coming off three big wins in a row, including two home upsets, a win is definitely possible.

Miami- Unless the Bills truly crap the bed, this should be a win.

Tennessee- If the Bills lose this game, they deserve nothing.

Baltimore - If the Ravens continues to win, there might be the possiblity of seeing some reserves allowing Buffalo an easier chance at a win. Aside from that, this will be a tough game...no guarntees here.

Okay, so I've just justified a win in all of our remaining games resulting in a 10-6 record. FURTHERMORE, Willis is likely to be back one of these weeks and whether or not you like him or want to keep him in Buffalo, you can't deny that a Wills/Thomas combo is better than just Thomas...

Please do not accuse me of being drunk off a win, next week willl truly dictate the course of the remainder of this season. I want to see them carry this momentum and not Jekyl and Hyde Western New York like they've been known to. I'd like to believe that this new regime won't allow a complete breakdown...

Oh Boy!

GO BILLS!

Love the optimism. I believe all of those games are winable games... the SD game will rely on the Jacksonville game. There is nothing more dangerous than a team with confidence and swagger. The Bills, IF they beat the Jaguars could have that going into that game.

I would also like to think that the 12th Man will be very loud as well.

Love the optimism.  I believe all of those games are winable games... the SD game will rely on the Jacksonville game.  There is nothing more dangerous than a team with confidence and swagger.  The Bills, IF they beat the Jaguars could have that going into that game.

I would also like to think that the 12th Man will be very loud as well.

843463[/snapback]

I know I will be loud at this game

The Texans swept the Jags this year, and we just came off a very impressive win against the Texans, playing the Jags at home in the cold WNY weather, a win is very possible

I like to be optimistic too, but to be realistic, I think LT may rush for 300 yards against us. I watched him last night for the first time in a long time. That guy is amazing.

One can only take so much from a big win over the Texans.  Don't get me wrong, to see the Bills overcome a fourth quarter lead and win a close game is awesome...the game snapped a THIRTEEN game losing streak of games decided by three points or less.  But let's see how this momentum carries them into next week.  Buffalo might be setting themselves up for a 2004esque late playoff run.  If all the stars align...it could happen...

Jacksonville - a lot of momentum coming home against a team without their starting quarterback.  Buffalo SHOULD win this game.  IF they do:

SD- Two game winning streak.  Back at home, expect to see a similar game plan like we saw against the Colts may be not as much running because SD is obviously better against the run, but a patient, methodical game plan and more turnover-free football (LIKE WE'VE BASICALLY SEEN SINCE THE BYE WEEK) could equal a big upset for the Bills.  Not to mention, HERE COMES THE SNOW...

NYJ-  No matter how you cut it, this will be a good game and will come down to which team makes fewer mistakes.  Buffalo should have won the last contest and looks to even the 2006 series.  Especially coming off three big wins in a row, including two home upsets, a win is definitely possible.

Baltimore - If the Ravens continues to win, there might be the possiblity of seeing some reserves allowing Buffalo an easier chance at a win.  Aside from that, this will be a tough game...no guarntees here.

Okay, so I've just justified a win in all of our remaining games resulting in a 10-6 record.  FURTHERMORE, Willis is likely to be back one of these weeks and whether or not you like him or want to keep him in Buffalo, you can't deny that a Wills/Thomas combo is better than just Thomas...

Please do not accuse me of being drunk off a win, next week willl truly dictate the course of the remainder of this season.  I want to see them carry this momentum and not Jekyl and Hyde Western New York like they've been known to.  I'd like to believe that this new regime won't allow a complete breakdown...

Oh Boy!

GO BILLS!

843455[/snapback]

Let's not all get to giddy over this win. The Texans aren't exactly lighting up the NFL these days and just because they swept Jacksonville (who has been extremely inconsistent all year) doesn't mean the Bills will take to the Jags easily. Jacksonville will just plain beat you up on defense....just watch tonight and see if you have the same opinion tomorrow.

That said, the overall play yesterday seemed to be a decent sign that *maybe* good things are ahead for the Bills. How much do we attribute that to the OL playing better or to JP adjusting and moving around more? I can't say for sure, but it's good that the players have some confidence going into next week.

I'm afraid the only thing that will slow LT down is 2 feet of snow. Our defense makes average backs look great. LT will likely break records on us. To beat them would be nothing short of a huge upset.

No win for this team is gonna be easy. And I certainly wouldn't just write the Titans off. They've been playing tough all year. And Travis will want to have a big day; and again have we stopped a back all season?

I'm hopeful, but not expectant.

Hmm...LT rushes for over 100 yards and scores 4 TDs against the #1 defense in the league, on the road, under the lights.

He's had the Bills game game circled on his calendar for a long time now.

I'm afraid the only thing that will slow LT down is 2 feet of snow.  Our defense makes average backs look great.  LT will likely break records on us.    To beat them would be nothing short of a huge upset. 

No win for this team is gonna be easy.  And I certainly wouldn't just write the Titans off.  They've been playing tough all year.  And Travis will want to have a big day; and again have we stopped a back all season? 

I'm hopeful, but not expectant.

843553[/snapback]

Successful teams beat the opponents they should. In a game like the Titans game, it's a matchup which doesn't blatantly favor one team over the other but the Bills will have the home field advantage and a chance to prove that as a team they will better that day than the Titans, and a win is a definite possibility. Said win would be as ultimately dubious as yesterday's, but a loss would be far more devestating...

Love the optimism. I think it would be a long long shot, but hey anything is possible. Offense seems to have come to life, and the defense and special teams have it in them to be playoff caliber. No wiggle room left though, and san diego and jacksonville are going to require one hell of a game from us.

One can only take so much from a big win over the Texans.  Don't get me wrong, to see the Bills overcome a fourth quarter lead and win a close game is awesome...the game snapped a THIRTEEN game losing streak of games decided by three points or less.  But let's see how this momentum carries them into next week.  Buffalo might be setting themselves up for a 2004esque late playoff run.  If all the stars align...it could happen...

Jacksonville - a lot of momentum coming home against a team without their starting quarterback.  Buffalo SHOULD win this game.  IF they do:

SD- Two game winning streak.  Back at home, expect to see a similar game plan like we saw against the Colts may be not as much running because SD is obviously better against the run, but a patient, methodical game plan and more turnover-free football (LIKE WE'VE BASICALLY SEEN SINCE THE BYE WEEK) could equal a big upset for the Bills.  Not to mention, HERE COMES THE SNOW...

NYJ-  No matter how you cut it, this will be a good game and will come down to which team makes fewer mistakes.  Buffalo should have won the last contest and looks to even the 2006 series.  Especially coming off three big wins in a row, including two home upsets, a win is definitely possible.

Baltimore - If the Ravens continues to win, there might be the possiblity of seeing some reserves allowing Buffalo an easier chance at a win.  Aside from that, this will be a tough game...no guarntees here.

Okay, so I've just justified a win in all of our remaining games resulting in a 10-6 record.  FURTHERMORE, Willis is likely to be back one of these weeks and whether or not you like him or want to keep him in Buffalo, you can't deny that a Wills/Thomas combo is better than just Thomas...

Please do not accuse me of being drunk off a win, next week willl truly dictate the course of the remainder of this season.  I want to see them carry this momentum and not Jekyl and Hyde Western New York like they've been known to.  I'd like to believe that this new regime won't allow a complete breakdown...

Oh Boy!

GO BILLS!

843455[/snapback]

Does your job do drug testing? I hope not for your sake.

Hmm...LT rushes for over 100 yards and scores 4 TDs against the #1 defense in the league, on the road, under the lights.

843556[/snapback]

I agree, but we all thought that Manning would pass for 750 yds against us and that McGee and Clements would get torched...anything can happen...

PS...I think it will be like 10 tds and 400 yds with our stout DT's.....

;)

Unless there really is 2 ft of snow...

:)

I agree, but we all thought that Manning would pass for  750 yds against us and that McGee and Clements would get torched...anything can happen...

PS...I think it will be like 10 tds and 400 yds with our stout DT's.....

;)

Unless there really is 2 ft of snow...

:)

843659[/snapback]

Well I'm planning for snow.

843556[/snapback]

Are you intimating that Tomlinson is a better runner than Gato?

The texans averaged 7 YPC yesterday. SD is scarey good on offense. Great runner, great tight end, decent wide receivers. We better hope for some major snowfall just prior to that game.

Are you intimating that Tomlinson is a better runner than Gato? 

The texans averaged 7 YPC yesterday.  SD is scarey good on offense.  Great runner, great tight end, decent wide receivers.  We better hope for some major snowfall just prior to that game.

843689[/snapback]

As TMQ might say, our defense seems to make a habit out of making who-dats look like Pro Bowlers.

As for already-Pro Bowlers.... :)