John Edwards is against Wal-Mart

SilverNRed

This has nothing do with anything but it's hilarious.

Hilarious

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards acknowledged Thursday that amid his criticism of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., a volunteer member of his staff asked the world's largest retailer for help obtaining a hot new Sony Playstation 3 for Edwards' family.

Edwards, a potential 2008 presidential candidate, told The Associated Press that the volunteer "feels terrible" about seeking the game unit at Wal-Mart while his boss claims the retailer doesn't treat its employees fairly.

"My wife, Elizabeth, wanted to get a Playstation3 for my young children. She mentioned it in front of one of my staff people. That staff person mentioned it in front of a volunteer who said he would make an effort to get one. He was making an effort to go get one for himself," Edwards said.

"Elizabeth and I knew nothing about this. He feels terrible about this. He made a mistake and he knows he should not have used my name," Edwards said.

Wal-Mart had noted in a news release Thursday that on the same day Edwards was criticizing the company in a conference call with union-backed activists, the volunteer staff member had asked a Raleigh, N.C., electronics department manager to obtain a PS3 for the ex-senator's family.

Aside from the hypocrisy, how many millions of dollars is Edwards worth? eBay exists pretty much entirely so that people can pay way too much money to get their hands on the new Playstation in time for Christmas.

Spend 10 minutes on eBay and buy your video game. No need to send your staffers on a suicide mission to evil Wal-Mart. And how retarded is his staff that the best idea they could come up with was to go to WM and make sure they mentioned it was a PS3 for John Edwards.

Wait, so Elizabeth mentions that she wants to get a PS3. That staff member mentions it to a volunteer who says that they'll get an extra one for Edwards. That staff member decides to go to Wal-mart for it.

Edwards told that person to get a PS3 from Wal-mart how?

Wait, so Elizabeth mentions that she wants to get a PS3.  That staff member mentions it to a volunteer who says that they'll get an extra one for Edwards.  That staff member decides to go to Wal-mart for it.

Edwards told that person to get a PS3 from Wal-mart how?

839653[/snapback]

Sounds like Iran-Contra

Wait, so Elizabeth mentions that she wants to get a PS3.  That staff member mentions it to a volunteer who says that they'll get an extra one for Edwards.  That staff member decides to go to Wal-mart for it.

839653[/snapback]

And I'm sure that's exactly how it happened. :lol:

This just in: in response to this awkward situation, Edwards has signed a contract to begin penning his new book "If I Did It."

839926[/snapback]

My favorite part about the whole thing is that people are stupid enough to put themselves in a position where they have to apologize and say they "feel terrible" because they shopped at Wal-Mart.

Like Dateline NBC could set up a camera crew outside WM and just ask everyone coming out: "What were you doing in there? What did you expect to happen? Are you sorry?"

And I'm sure that's exactly how it happened. :lol:

839924[/snapback]

If that was actually how it happened, don't you think the media would have come out and said it?

That'd sell a lot more papers then a chain story about how John Edwards' staff members decided to go to Walmart to buy himself and Mr. Edwards a PS3.

If that was actually how it happened, don't you think the media would have come out and said it? 

That'd sell a lot more papers then a chain story about how John Edwards' staff members decided to go to Walmart to buy himself and Mr. Edwards a PS3.

840029[/snapback]

The story that would sell the most papers is if John Edwards specifically told his staff members to go to all the local Wal-Marts and get him a PS3 by making sure they knew it was for him. And then laughed diabolically "Bwahahahahahahahaha!"

But that's probably not how it happened either.

In any event I really like politicians apologizing for shopping at a Wal-Mart.

He also hasn't been a Senator for two years.  Gotta crank up the smear machine, though.  Looks like the Associated Press is still on board.

840137[/snapback]

Well, he was on a con call the same day bashing Wal-Mart. I suppose there is a good chance tht Wal-Mart fed the story to the ultra right wing, liberal hating AP. All's fair in love and war.

There are a lot of components in a PS3. I wonder if Edwards has ever bashed/sued one of those component manufacturers.

IBM, Sony, Plastics, memory chips. These things are all evil and/or big corporations. He isn't raising his kids right if they want to own a device made through the sweat of the proletariat like this.

Potential Presidential candidate? As much as JP is the potential Super Bowl XLI MVP.

Edwards was a total dud as a VP candidate. No way he should ever be taken seriously as a Presidential candidate.

During the campaign, he was on Meet The Press, Russert chewed him up & spat him out-it was an embarrassment.

If anyone ever read that article "Frank Sinatra Has A Cold" by Gay Talese, this is a lot like how Frank went to take a drive and came to find out that his car was at the garage getting painted orange.

It's amazing the things people will do in response to even a passing remark of a 'famous' person.

Edwards wanted no part of this so he sent a volunteer

Another video I had to turn off half way through.

They are interviewing this guy and his brother. "I was pushed" says the guy, "If it were just a raffle this wouldn't have happened" says his brother. Clearly, this was 100% Wal Mart's fault. It's not like the guy could have opted not to participate. Who could have? I mean it was a PS3 on the line.

And Republicans are against big government , corruption and kinky sex.  Who's the biggest hypocrite?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????

Foley...

Swaggart....

DeLay.....

etc

etc

etc

etc

841008[/snapback]

You're becoming a troll.