Is anyone still enjoying last year's

Albany,n.y.

I hope the people who were gleeful last Christmas Eve still have that feeling of euphoria.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the New York Jets have the anchor of their O-line in D'Brick-the guy we would have drafted if we had lost at Cincinnati.

Have another eggnog, and keep that Cincy win euphoria alive!

I hope the people who were gleeful last Christmas Eve still have that feeling of euphoria. 

Meanwhile, back in the real world, the New York Jets have the anchor of their O-line in D'Brick-the guy we would have drafted if we had lost at Cincinnati.

839415[/snapback]

Actually Mangold has been much better than Brick on that line

839415[/snapback]

You don't build great teams by drafting high, you build great teams by drafting well.

You can find good players picking 8th overall pretty much as easily as you can drafting 3rd. Donte Whitner has been very good. Either way, you have to keep drafting well after your first selection.

And good offensive lineman aren't exclusive to the first five picks of the draft. We have a pretty good LT right now who wasn't even drafted.

Winning is always better than losing. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Sometimes the top guys work out, sometimes they don't. Fifty gameday tastes of winning (maybe thirty of which will be with you the following year) is always worth more than a couple slots in the draft finger crossing funhouse. You can drop examples one way and examples the other way all over the place, which only go to show that winning is better.

I'd probably rather have Brick instead of Dante, and definitely Peppers instead of Williams, but losing games will not help your team get better in the big picture...just too much benefit the experience of winning, and too much uncertainty in the draft order.

839415[/snapback]

You are not the first to post this (although yours was the most eloquent). :lol:

Harv, are you SURE that Marv would have drafted D'Brick? I for one am not. He turned down extra picks to take Whitner. When the Raiders took Huff, I was the happiest Bills Fan alive. In my mind, there was NO way we would see yet another 1st round db. :w00t: Little did I know.

Maybe we should savor the win over Cincy and be thankful that Marv didn't trade UP to take Whitner. :P

We could have had Mangold when we traded up to get McCargo, getting sicker with each reply :w00t:

839426[/snapback]

Oh I know ... the Bills could have had the center position taken care of for the next decade, but noooooooooooooo, we went with Clutch McCargo - the third best d-lineman at NC State in 2005.

In light of how tough wins are to come by, yes I did and still do enjoy that win.

I guess I'm kind of weird in that though. I enjoy winning. Anytime.

Just curious, we're you openly rooting against the Bills?

839544[/snapback]

At 4-10 with a chance of getting rid of TD & Mularkey and getting ahead of the Jets in the draft, which I considered a must because I knew they wouldn't pass on Ferguson, I was definitely openly rooting against the Bills.

People seem to have forgotten the team goal is a Super Bowl championship.

That's what I root for & if they're not good enough, I want them to get to the point where they are good enough. I just can't stand mediocrity or worse, what we've had the past 2 seasons & other recent seasons-a bad team. A win by a bad team is worthless when you're out of the playoffs late in the season. A loss gives you a better chance to get closer to the goal-especially when an impact player at the position you are weakest at is coveted by a divisional rival that will take the player if they are higher than you in the draft.

I believe my position looks at the big picture, not one small insignificant victory to feel good for a few hours. Championships last forever.

Any time the Bills are out of the playoffs in December, I'm in draft pick mode. Maybe the shortsighted fans who think every win is great, (no matter what it costs in the long run, like December wins by 4-10 teams, and look forward to each sub 500 season because they'll be happy with a late season, meaningless win by a playoff eliminated team) are happy on the Sunday the Bills win that meaningless game. I'm not! I'd rather lose a game or two more and get a Bruce Smith, who can help get me to the show, than wallow in mediocrity for the next decade.

So I'm shortsighted because I like victory at any cost, insignificant or otherwise?

I understand what you're saying but disagree with it. You don't know who a team is going to draft.

How's Reggie Bush working out in Houston?

Perhaps it's your mentality that is keeping this team wallowing in the mud. Maybe they have gotten so used to losing meaningless games that they all seem to be meaningless games and when they win one, it's by default.

You can keep that. I'm not investing money and emotion and then rooting for them to lose. Even when I want a coach, gm, owner or player run out of town.

I hated the win.... Add to that I don't like Pittsburgh and homefield was a key to their superbowl run added to the fact.

It we had won vs. Indy last week too, with that putrid excuse for an offensive gameplan, which was pretty much the same as our plan vs. GB, I'd hate to think the rest of the season game plan was 10-15 passes, under 4 yards rushing per attempt, a defence allowing 400 yards and hoping for ints and fumbles would have been depressing...

I enjoyed the win. IT made for a great christmas eve party with the family. We had the entire family there, the bills won, and Terrence McGee had a record setting day. An all around good day.

And last time i checked, you played the games to WIN, not to get a better draft pick.

839415[/snapback]

And if the Jets don't run a kickoff back against the Bills late in the season, they draft Reggie Bush. If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...