Is it time to sever all ties to TD era by

oregonbbfan

because those unis are a direct reference to 5 failed and painful years. I was ok with them at first but I think they are one of the ugliest unis in the leauge now. Then there is the un professional look that makes the team look bush league. Have we met whatever time we are required to keep them? I thought it was 5 years. Time up!

A new look with something along the lines of Minnesota's or Denver's using our same Super Bowl team colors. Those would be classy to go along with a young, revitalized and winning team in the next couple years. I've seen every uni from their inception in '60 to now and the SB colors with a little spiffing up would be good for their new image.

Then the Bills and Sabres would go on to titles and look damn good in the cup celebrations.

I was just thinking the same thing! Not only is this team depressing to watch, the uniforms just make it even worse. I am so sick and tired of feeling disconnected to this team and one step in the right direction would be changing those crappy uniforms.

Give us a team to be proud of - I miss the days of actually caring what these guys do on the field. It just seems like this team is collecting more moss each and every week.

A fact only made worse by ESPN Classic and their constant showing of the glory years and the fantastically simple uniforms we had then.

Either that or the throwback, but get rid of this garbage skow.

838672[/snapback]

Totally agree.

What is wrong with Buffalo fans? It seems like all they care about are the uniforms of their teams and how they look (especially to everyone else) I would prefer use every last person (Even Bertha serving the food in the lunchroom and Mike sweeping the hallways) and time to find a way to become competitive again, rather then coming up with a "prettier" uniform.

What is wrong with Buffalo fans? It seems like all they care about are the uniforms of their teams and how they look (especially to everyone else) I would prefer use every last person (Even Bertha serving the food in the lunchroom and Mike sweeping the hallways) and time to find a way to become competitive again, rather then coming up with a "prettier" uniform.

838782[/snapback]

Well, you make a good point - but apparently Donahoe didn't agree!

Anyway, the current uni's suck - the Bills should go with the 'throwbacks'. They're not ''prettier' - just simpler - and better.

838782[/snapback]

Because we need something...anything. If we're getting spanked all over the field, at least we could look professional. Right now, the jerseys make the Bills look like a bad USFL team.

838782[/snapback]

Yeah, we're pretty much ignoring the fact that other facets of the team suck. :lol:

Sorry man, when something sucks - WE TALK ABOUT CHANGING IT. The uniform sucks. Not as bad as Sluggalo, but it still sucks. It's not a coincidence that the Sabres decided to unveil a uniform that sucks even worse and we don't like that either. Welcome to consistancy.

838782[/snapback]

You could read this board for 30 seconds and see that the uniforms are not "all" the fans care about.

But uniforms are important. The rest of the country (and even the world) knows nothing about our area except our football and hockey teams. A city's sports logos are, for all intents and purposes, the city flags. I don't know anything about Portland but I can pick out a Trailblazers logo. And since people like connecting with where they're from, they want that connection to actually look good. And not to mention that with everything in pro sports changing constantly, uniforms can be the only source of stability.

And all that said, giving your teams nice uniforms is easy compared to everything else. Finding a quarterback is hard. Building an offensive line is hard. Kicking a 47 yard field goal at the end of the Super Bowl is really hard. Finding clothes to wear that look good while doing all these things is pretty easy, especially when we already know exactly what those clothes are supposed to look like (we have pictures and video).

The Bills need to ditch the navy blue jerseys with the red side panels. That's a late 90s Broncos look and it looks really cheesey and dated here in 2006. The throwbacks look amazing so just modify them and use them full-time. (I'd keep the charging buffalo on the helmet and put the standing buffalo on the jersey itself as a patch on the chest, similar to the Saints state of Louisiana patch.)

Because we liked what our teams used to wear and don't really see the need to change it. Thats what these morons don't understand.

838782[/snapback]

Because the uniforms and how they look are one of the few things that fans can directly influence.

The Bills need to ditch the navy blue jerseys with the red side panels.  That's a late 90s Broncos look and it looks really cheesey and dated here in 2006.  The throwbacks look amazing so just modify them and use them full-time.  (I'd keep the charging buffalo on the helmet and put the standing buffalo on the jersey itself as a patch on the chest, similar to the Saints state of Louisiana patch.)

838802[/snapback]

What your saying, does sound like it would be a whole hell of alot better than what we are currently wearing. I have been saying these uniforms are sicking for awhile it really is time for a chance.

838782[/snapback]

I'm about 100% sure that the same people who oversee the team's color schemes aren't the same people who scout offensive linemen and sign free agents. Yes, ultimately Ralph may have the final say...but come on.

Applause from the Peanut Gallery!!!

838817[/snapback]

When I was in town for the Packers game, I made it a point to buy a throwback jersey (picked me up a #12). I wanted a throwback Spikes but I just couldn't swallow the $300 CDN it would cost me to buy it. I was looking for anything to replace my Bledsoe jersey...

I've told anyone around me who'll listen to switch to the throwbacks permanently and keep the new helmet. I like the patch idea. Hopefully, they'll sell those separately so I can pick one up.