The Mock Drafts Are Out:

Astrobot

So this is what it's come to, being a Bills' fan??? Talking about next year's draft when we're just half-way thru the season???

This thread has lots of great info on who the top prospects are, but it's ludicrous - absolutely ludicrous, I say - to be discussing the 2007 draft. We nearly beat New England and Indy - two of the best teams in the league - on the road! Throw in the Jets game and, as bad as some think the Bills are...as badly as they've played, we could easily be 6-3 instead of 3-6 - save for a few bad mistakes, stupid penalties, questionable play calls, etc.

I have very high hopes for the remainder of the season. The 'nayayers' will feel shame as the Bills will win the next 7-straight, finish 10-6, gain a wild card berth, avenge regular season losses to the Patriots and the Dolts, win the AFC and Superbowl, and end up drafting last!!!

We will be 'trading up' - and will have to slap the 'transition' tag on Clements and package him with our last picks in the 1st and 3rd rounds- just to get a shot at Posluszny! :lol:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is what it's come to, being a Bills' fan???  Talking about next year's draft when we're just half-way thru the season???

This thread has lots of great info on who the top prospects are, but it's ludicrous - absolutely ludicrous, I say - to be discussing the 2007 draft.  We nearly beat the New England and Indy - two of the best teams in the league on the road!  Throw in the Jets game and,  as bad as some think the Bills are...as badly as they've played, we could easily be 6-3 instead of 3-6 - save for a few bad mistakes, stupid penalties, questionable play calls, etc. 

I have very high hopes for the remainder of the season.  The 'nayayers' will feel shame as the Bills will win the next 7-straight, finish 10-6, gain a wild card berth, avenge regular season losses to the Patriots and the Dolts, win the AFC and Superbowl, and end up drafting last!!!

We will be 'trading  up' - and will have to slap the 'transition' tag on Clements and package him with our last picks in the 1st and 3rd rounds- just to get a shot at Posluszny! :lol:

838763[/snapback]

I love your thinking and I really really hope you right I would love to see that but I just really don't see that happening this year. Way to be optimistic though good on you.

Once bitten, twice shy?

Like any of these better?

Top 15 Targeted Prospects For The Buffalo Bills at Pick 11:

1 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

2 Dwayne Jarret, WR USC

3 Laron Landry, S LSU

4 Michael Griffin, S Texas

5 Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

6 Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn St.

7 Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State

8 Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State

9 Ted Ginn, WR Ohio State

10 Alan Branch, DT Michigan

11 Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

12 Brandon Merriweather, S Miami

13 Levi Brown, OT Penn St.

14 Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

15 Troy Smith, QB Ohio State

Top 10 Targeted Prospects at Pick 43 For the Buffalo Bills:

1 Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

2 Jarrett Hicks, WR Texas Tech

3 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

4 Courtney Taylor, WR Auburn

5 Fred Bennett, CB South Carolina

6 Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

7 Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame

8 Earl Everett, OLB Florida

9 Red Bryant, DT Texas A&M

10 Manny Ramirez, OG Texas Tech

Right now if this was who was available, I'd take Ginn or Jarrett at WR with my #1 pick. Jarrett's 6'5", fast,  and a legitimate #1 WR. Ginn you'll see on Saturday as The Ohio State Buckeyes beat the Wolvlatrines.

I'd take Moses at DE in RD#2. He'll be the #1 or #2 DE in the draft with Gaines Adams at Clemson.

837189[/snapback]

i see you're interested in addressing the offensive line.

How exactly, will a round 1 corner set this franchise back years in its development? And will a round 1 CB followed by a round 2 OG and a round 3 OT set us back as well?

838728[/snapback]

It might not set your franchise back five yrs, however i can name one franchise that loves to draft first rd corners and has never won a Superbowl...

It might not set your franchise back five yrs, however i can name one franchise that loves to draft first rd corners and has never won a Superbowl...

838870[/snapback]

I forgot! the only way we are ever going to win a super bowl is by drafting all 1st round OL. Because theres no other ways to get a solid line.

Odds and history tell us that we will grab a 1st round corner and let him walk in 5 years, no matter how good he is.

If this does happen, the college kids on this board probably won't live to see a Bills playoff game.  ;)

838289[/snapback]

I think "the college kids won't live to see the Bills win a playoff game" would have been more accurate. I can recall playoff losses to Tennesse, Miami and Jacksonville. :(

Why would the Bills have an interest in a 22 year old, 6'4" Left OT who looks trim at 320 lbs. and who has started since his true freshman year? 

He's played every position on the line except center and was First Team All-SEC (both coaches and writers) as a junior.  He's been one of the best O linemen at UT in years, he comes from an Alabama football family ---his brother starts at Auburn---and he is a great student and the epitome of a high character player, never being in trouble of any kind during his years in Knoxville. 

Nah, not the kind of OL the Bills would like---no big press stories about moving mountains like Big Mike and he hasn't played against good competition in the SEC.

838706[/snapback]

I think he will be a steal....If you watch Crompton now, they roll him out to his left to the SUPPORT of Sears...

I forgot! the only way we are ever going to win a super bowl is by drafting all 1st round OL. Because theres no other ways to get a solid line.

838883[/snapback]

I never said that...But drafting only 2 offensive lineman in the first rd in the past 10 yrs is a definate way to not make the playoffs. Cornerbacks are not what you build your team around. If your interior lines are very good you win. Simple...

So this is what it's come to, being a Bills' fan???  Talking about next year's draft when we're just half-way thru the season???

This thread has lots of great info on who the top prospects are, but it's ludicrous - absolutely ludicrous, I say - to be discussing the 2007 draft.  We nearly beat  New England and Indy - two of the best teams in the league - on the road!  Throw in the Jets game and,  as bad as some think the Bills are...as badly as they've played, we could easily be 6-3 instead of 3-6 - save for a few bad mistakes, stupid penalties, questionable play calls, etc. 

I have very high hopes for the remainder of the season.  The 'nayayers' will feel shame as the Bills will win the next 7-straight, finish 10-6, gain a wild card berth, avenge regular season losses to the Patriots and the Dolts, win the AFC and Superbowl, and end up drafting last!!!

We will be 'trading  up' - and will have to slap the 'transition' tag on Clements and package him with our last picks in the 1st and 3rd rounds- just to get a shot at Posluszny! ;)

838763[/snapback]

I love your optimism, but its gotten so bad watching this team I really don't think they could string two wins together against Canisius right now.

838883[/snapback]

Yeah like spending money on Pucillo. The draft may not be the only way but when you don't spend money on free agents then it becomes difficult

838883[/snapback]

right....tell that one to Eric Mangini. The fact is that we don't have any pass blocking and we aren't going anywhere until we get some. The draft and free agency are the two obvious and best ways to do that.

The problems with our drafting of OL is NOT that we havent been taking them in round 1, its the lack of drafting linemen early on in the draft in general. You can get quality linemen in rounds 2 and 3.

Not taking an OL in round 1 isnt the end of the world that most of you make it out to be.

The problems with our drafting of OL is NOT that we havent been taking them in round 1, its the lack of drafting linemen early on in the draft in general. You can get quality linemen in rounds 2 and 3.

Not taking an OL in round 1 isnt the end of the world that most of you make it out to be.

838910[/snapback]

Late rounds (7)...Terrence Pennington

Second Round....Winston Justice

First Round Mangold and Ferguson.

I think in general you get a better pick in the earlier rounds.

I am reminded of the last draft, where many wanted Winston Justice LT and Max Jean-Gilles LG, who are now both ready to step in as the Eagles' left side. Let's not make the same mistake this year.

837324[/snapback]

Or the two rooks the Jets are now starting.

Late rounds (7)...Terrence Pennington

Second Round....Winston Justice

First Round  Mangold and Ferguson.

I think in general you get a better pick in the earlier rounds.

838947[/snapback]

thats what i said...we need to focus more OL drafting in the early rounds, ala day 1, rounds 1-3. Not drafting the OL in round 1 isnt the end of the world. Not drafting the OL in rounds 1-3 IS a problem.

thats what i said...we need to focus more OL drafting in the early rounds, ala day 1, rounds 1-3. Not drafting the OL in round 1 isnt the end of the world. Not drafting the OL in rounds 1-3 IS a problem.

838994[/snapback]

Fair enough. I could be happy with drafting Calvin Johnson in the first, if it meant they'd take OL in 2, 3, and 4.

I am reminded of the last draft, where many wanted Winston Justice LT and Max Jean-Gilles LG, who are now both ready to step in as the Eagles' left side. Let's not make the same mistake this year.

837324[/snapback]

I love the enthusiasm about the linemen, both of whom I thought were solid prospects, but you do realize that neither guy has been activated yet? Justice is stuck behind William Thomas on their depth chart (solid starter) while Jean-Gilles is behind Todd Herremans (decent starter, nothing special).

I love the enthusiasm about the linemen, both of whom I thought were solid prospects, but you do realize that neither guy has been activated yet?  Justice is stuck behind William Thomas on their depth chart (solid starter) while Jean-Gilles is behind Todd Herremans (decent starter, nothing special).

839078[/snapback]

What's your opinion about rookie Andrew Whitworth, filling in for the injured Levi Jones?

What's your opinion about rookie Andrew Whitworth, filling in for the injured Levi Jones?

839080[/snapback]

Not bad, but man is he raw. It's nothing more reps won't fix though. He needs to get on the same page w/ Palmer, as he has been taking a beating this year.