Offensive line might have issues but,

RayFinkle

This year, in 224 pass attempts JP has been sacked 30 times.

Last year, in 228 pass attempts JP was sacked 26 times.

Last year, in 230 pass attempts Holcomb was sacked 17 times.

This is not a push to try and get Holcomb in the game, but it is interesting that some QBs just seem to get sacked more no matter what line they play behind.

I need to say this first...at the beginning of the season and last season even...I was rooting for JP to succeed...each week it gets a little bit harder to pull for him....yes a lot of it has to do with other issues as well...the OL, WR play calling etc...I just keep waiting for something to click or see an improvement...the first 4 games of the season, JP showed a lot of prgoress compared to last year....I wouldn't necessarily say he's regressed, but he's been stagnant over the last 5 games

One thing I noticed watching the game yesterday...JP has no or very little awareness in the pocket...What I mean by this, is that he had the ability to side step or even step up on a majority of the time they actually decided to pass and he didn't...

I guess what worries me is that we've seen this kid's athletiscism, we know he can run, Fairchild stated that they are forcing him to stay in the pocket to learn how to read defenses; but he has to learn how to move around in the pocket to avoid some hits and to step into his throws...this is a crucial quality that is needed in a QB...more than anything...he still lacks it...and I don't know if he's gonna get it or not...

To those who say he has no awareness and can't feel the rush, there is no pocket to step up into. Case in point: yesterday he stepped up into the pocket to avoid Freeney's outside rush but stepped right into McFarland for a sack. The O-line is not forming a pocket whatsoever and the said thing is that the playcalling hasn't adjusted to it. There should be way more moving pocket schemes and playaction passes. I'm hoping Reyes or even Merz can step in at RG for an injured and ineffective CV and provide some relief.

To those who say he has no awareness and can't feel the rush, there is no pocket to step up into. Case in point: yesterday he stepped up into the pocket to avoid Freeney's outside rush but stepped right into McFarland for a sack.

Case in point: It is not a recent trend that JP is a sack machine. Did the line suddenly create a pocket for Kelly?

To those who say he has no awareness and can't feel the rush, there is no pocket to step up into. Case in point: yesterday he stepped up into the pocket to avoid Freeney's outside rush but stepped right into McFarland for a sack. The O-line is not forming a pocket whatsoever and the said thing is that the playcalling hasn't adjusted to it. There should be way more moving pocket schemes and playaction passes. I'm hoping Reyes or even Merz can step in at RG for an injured and ineffective CV and provide some relief.

835160[/snapback]

You know, I might agree with you if not or the fact that every time they try a play action bootleg, someone comes untouched from the side that Losman is trying to roll to. With that kind of pressure right in his face that quickly, these plays have no chance for success.

Case in point: It is not a recent trend that JP is a sack machine. Did the line suddenly create a pocket for Kelly?

835180[/snapback]

Yes, you are correct. If your QB simply drops back and quickly dumps it off for 4 yards every single time he will take fewer sacks.

Instead of whining about the QB not making the OL "look good," lets get an OL that "is good."

835200[/snapback]

Novel concept, but one you will NOT see from the Buffalo Bills. OL has never been and never will be a priority of this franchise going back to 1992-ish or so.