Why do people still support Jp?

Simply because there are idiots here who actually think we'd have a winning record with Leinart under center.

834441[/snapback]

No, but we'd have hope that he's going through rookie growing pains. Marv preferred Cutler anyway, so we'd be growing with Cutler if Marv had jettisoned JP.

The point is many of us have seen enough of JP to come to the conclusion that the Bills will NEVER have a winning record with JP as QB. He is an inadequate player who does not appear to have the necessary intangibles to succeed as a starting QB in the NFL .

There can only be 2 reasons for the team not turning to Nall:

1) He hasn't shown enough in practice to indicate he has any potential to be a successful starting QB in the NFL

2) The coaches have some pipe dream that with improved talent around him, JP would be playing like a legitimate NFL QB, and plan on keeping him as next year's starter.

Put me in the JP is a bust column, I've seen enough.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played fine today?    I suppose he played fine against Green Bay and the prior weeks.  There comes a time where you want your QB to make plays.  Our offense today was Terrence McGee.  

The bar is set so unbelievably low for JP.   Don't fumble and complete 8 passes a game.  It's always the OL's fault, the WRs aren't getting open and our TEs stink.   

The offense is to blame, but he as the QB has to take the most.

Obviously the play calling has a lot to do with him unable to do anything.   We know he will drop back, panic and get sacked so we'll run a draw.   

Having a QB not fumble as the standard for our QB is pathetic.

834468[/snapback]

RAY...IS THIS SHORT FOR RAY CHARLES CUZ YOU MUST BE BLIND.

The playcalling is because the coaches have no faith in the offensive line to even block long enough for him to get the ball off. If they thought he couldn't make a decision to pass, they would replace him, plain and simple. Or they would tell him to use his legs as a weapon as he has shown he can do in this league. They are trying to turn him into a pocket passer, and unfortunately our offensive line can provide no pocket.

We'll see if we can get you a brail television set to help u out on sundays.

And an answer to your question, is yes...I had no problem with the way he played. When asked to pass the ball and give any semblance of time, he was pretty accurate. He threw the ball away 1 time instead of taking a chance on an int. If he was given opportunities to make plays, and didn't, that's one thing. The coaching staff is handcuffed by the offensive line and is playing it close to the vest until the line starts to gel a bit and can protect the QB.

He played fine today, he did everything the coaches could have asked.

He doesn't call the plays, it's not his fault that the ball had to go to Anthony Thomas on first, second, and third down.

He made a beautiful throw on the out by Lee Evans at one point, and a nice third down throw to him on the first drive of the game.

I'm not going to praise him for today's game, or last week's game, but there's been no reason to bash him for what he's done in the last 2 weeks.

834404[/snapback]

Well put. I'd also add that on the first drive of the game they let him be a QB a little, and he did fine. If they had a defense that could overcome a couple turnovers, perhaps they could let him throw the ball around and get into a rhythm. But they can't.

They've won 3 games this season, two by the skin of their balls, and they had 0 turnovers in those games. Margin for error is 0 if this team wants to win. If Brett Favre and Peyton Manning can't play OUR defense and not turn the ball over, what makes people think JP Losman can throw the ball around and not turn the ball over at all? Not going to happen, and the coaches know it, and appear to have chosen to try to win.

Does it occur to anyone that Jp, every week, seems to be regressing.  He's not getting better.

Over that past few weeks he's held on to the ball way too long which has lead to sacks, made terrible decisions while throwing the ball, and the coaching staff seems to be losing their confidence in Jp.  I seem to notice that they're running the ball more than passing.

Overall, it appears Jp is not getting better each week.  I haven't supported Jp since the day he started in 2005.  I think we've given Jp enough time to get better and he hasn't proved that he has.  So, why do people still support him?  He's not all that great of a qb.

834393[/snapback]

It coming to my attention that Bills fans aren't too sure on Jp but i say give him a chance.  The only reason why Jp isn't that good is that we have an o-line that can't block:

offseason: "Why have so many people given up on Jp?"

I know I said this before how, it's just the preseason and the 2nd Qb of the night will usually play against the 2nd and 3rd string defensive players, but JP looked pretty good out there.  He was MUCH most poised than Holcomb in the pocket, he read the defense well, and he made better throws under pressure (If you want to call it that).  Either way, Losman played a much better game than Holcomb did.  I think this game is symbolic in a way for JP.  Yeah sure he got sacked and he had 3 incompletions in a row, but I think it's given him a huge boost of confidence.  One thing is that, for the amount of time JP played in the game, he threw no picks.  Remember JP worked REALLY hard this offseason to improve is game and to prove he can be the starting QB.  I think this game has shown how far he has come, to want to do better.  Bravo JP. 0:)

preseason:"I thought Losman played pretty well against the Panthers. What do you think?"

He's getting better week after week ! Let's hope it continues !

HE most likely will. Jp has improved hugely in his decision making

post-Vikings game

Looks like you've got more post-editing to do.

I don't think JP is the answer at QB but i will always support whoever is QB for my Buffalo Bills.

834521[/snapback]

Obviously if you're a Bills fan, you'll support the guy making the play and winning the game for you, but if you don't believe the guy is the right guy for the job, well there is nothing wrong with that either.

HE most likely will. Jp has improved hugely in his decision making

post-Vikings game

Looks like you've got more post-editing to do.

834511[/snapback]

I have never seen someone edit/re-edit their posts more than this guy. It's hilarious. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't have real opinions. He just goes with what the majority thinks. A lemming.

But at least LSI uses neat-o smilies for every topic he posts. 0:):P .... :w00t:

Not with only 13 pass attempts.

834446[/snapback]

But that's the point! What NFL team has such little confidence in their QB that they would only attempt 13 passes in an entire game? They are forced to run in obvious passing situations because they have zero faith in their ability to throw. Sure the o-line is partly to blame but I really have to question someone's understanding of the game if they think Losman is doing just fine.

Maybe because of this ominous, lingering, Ground Hog Day-esque theme of chewing up and spitting out dozens of Quarterbacks and Coaches with one common denominator in front of  our faces the whole time?

834411[/snapback]

Todd Collins

Billy Joe Hobart

Rob Johnson

Doug Flutie

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

Notice a common denominator there?

Todd Collins

Billy Joe Hobart

Rob Johnson

Doug Flutie

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

Notice a common denominator there?

834743[/snapback]

But the idea that those 6 QB's suck isn't nearly as plausible as the 40 OLmen in that timespan sucking 0:)

Moreover, they're the same people saying all summer: "Reyes/Fowler can't possibly not be an upgrade from Bennie/Teague!".

But that's the point!  What NFL team has such little confidence in their QB that they would only attempt 13 passes in an entire game?  They are forced to run in obvious passing situations because they have zero faith in their ability to throw.  Sure the o-line is partly to blame but I really have to question someone's understanding of the game if they think Losman is doing just fine.

834717[/snapback]

A weaker team that is playing the Colts...run the ball, eat the clock, don;t give up big plays, make the Colts be patient and not score a lot of points and give yourself half a chance. I bet you'll see just this plan against Indy for the rest of the season. Losman is at best adequate, but this week's gameplan was the right one against that opponent. When you have a 100 yard back and are never more that a TD down against a vastly superior team, its hard to argue that the pass run mix wasn't OK.

For me:

Losman sucks no matter what.

Yay for the Sabres no matter what

834438[/snapback]

With that attitude, it is obviously impossible to have a reasonable discussion on the subject with you....that being said....you state....

"Over that past few weeks he's held on to the ball way too long which has lead to sacks"

How many exactly were due to Losman?

Please enlighten us to the numbers(rough will do)....how many is a young/pressured QB allowed to cause?

I think he caused 1 today didn't he?