If the Bills do not trust JP Losman

Cornerville

Here is the thing:

JP has a strong arm...but yet the Bills coaching staff does not trust his ability to do, really much of anything, which severely limits the Bills offense.

If the Bills are going to be so conserative, as nuts as this sounds (and I know KH is NOT the long term answer)...id rather see the dink and dunk of KH who can move the ball and win some more games....KH would be better in that kind of offense versus an inexperienced QB who the coaches do not trust and that HAS to affect JP's confidence.

The coaches clearly don't have confidence that Jon Losman can make any kind of a play...how many 3rd and longs did we have where Thomas ran a draw? How about going for a first down once in a while? They must have zero confidence in Losman's ability.

834064[/snapback]

What i dont get is that if the coaches have no confidence in Losman, then why the hell is he still under center? Part of letting him start all season to see what we have is letting him sling the ball. Limiting him to 4 pass attempts per game does nothing.

.how many 3rd and longs did we have where Thomas ran a draw?

834064[/snapback]

I don't know, but you could probably figure it out by taking the total number of 3rd and longs and subtracting the number of times Losman was sacked by an unblocked pass rusher on 3rd and long.

I've got news for you people who don't understand what you're watching, if Jim Kelly were out there today, in his prime, he'd have thrown 5 interceptions and been sacked a dozen times. As bad as his line was at the end, it was NOTHING like this abortion, and you can't expect good QB play under those circumstances.

It seems the same people always crying for the team to run more and that the Bills are getting away from the run are the same people saying the coaches have lost faith in JP by not making him throw more. Maybe next week the bills should play with 2 balls on offence so JP can hand the ball off to A-train and throw the ball down field on the same play

What i dont get is that if the coaches have no confidence in Losman, then why the hell is he still under center? Part of letting him start all season to see what we have is letting him sling the ball. Limiting him to 4 pass attempts per game does nothing.

834126[/snapback]

If they had no confidence in Losman, with this line in front of him, they wouldn't have let him throw it at all. They gave him 7-8 chances to throw the ball downfield, he hit a few, missed a couple and got bowled over the other times.

I don't know, but you could probably figure it out by taking the total number of 3rd and longs and subtracting the number of times Losman was sacked by an unblocked pass rusher on 3rd and long.

I've got news for you people who don't understand what you're watching, if Jim Kelly were out there today, in his prime, he'd have thrown 5 interceptions and been sacked a dozen times.  As bad as his line was at the end, it was NOTHING like this abortion, and you can't expect good QB play under those circumstances.

834132[/snapback]

Then design plays that play to Losmans strengths. Sitting in the pocket and getting regularly sacked accomplishes nothing. He can learn to pocket pass when and if he gets a dependable Oline. Seems fundamental but somehow beyond Jaurons football IQ, which at this stage I rate as moron level.

Here is the thing:

JP has a strong arm...but yet the Bills coaching staff does not trust his ability to do, really much of anything, which severely limits the Bills offense.

If the Bills are going to be so conserative, as nuts as this sounds (and I know KH is NOT the long term answer)...id rather see the dink and dunk of KH who can move the ball and win some more games....KH would be better in that kind of offense versus an inexperienced QB who the coaches do not trust and that HAS to affect JP's confidence.

834041[/snapback]

What if Kelly and Craig DON'T play any better, what then? Draft a QB next year in the first round?

Then design plays that play to Losmans strengths.  Sitting in the pocket and getting regularly sacked accomplishes nothing. He can learn to pocket pass when and if he gets a dependable Oline.  Seems fundamental but somehow beyond Jaurons football IQ, which at this stage I rate as moron level.

The offensive is drawn-up by Fairchild. If anything, Jauron should go to him and say "WTF Steve, the offense sucks" and demands he let JP do more of his own thing.

Here is the thing:

834041[/snapback]

i think its more a reflection of the passing game in general which includes the o-line and receivers

Bottom line talk all you want about the lack of confidence in JP but they still start him week after week and JP will be starting against Houston as well. They obviously feel KH and Nall aren't going to be much better, and even if they are, we're 3-6 why win 6 or 7 games rather than 3 or 4 and miss our chance at an elite player? Don't give me this " you play to win the game "crap, getting a couple extra meaningless wins does nothing for anybody

It seems the same people always crying for the team to run more and that the Bills are getting away from the run are the same people saying the coaches have lost faith in JP by not making him throw more. Maybe next week the bills should play with 2 balls on offence so JP can hand the ball off to A-train and throw the ball down field on the same play

834156[/snapback]

Post of the season so far... couldnt have said it better

The coaches clearly don't have confidence that Jon Losman can make any kind of a play...how many 3rd and longs did we have where Thomas ran a draw? How about going for a first down once in a while? They must have zero confidence in Losman's ability.

834064[/snapback]

I don't think so. I think the coaches know that the offensive line can't protect him. Did you see the 4 sacks today? He had no chance on those. Sacked 4 out of 17 called pass plays. That's roughly 25%. That's very bad and I think any QB back there gets sacked 4 times today. 9 for 13 passing ain't bad. I think the plan was to run since Indy's defense is statistically weak there and since the coaches know the line can't pass block. The play calling was just too conservative to beat this team IMO. Good enough to keep it close, but close isn't good enough.

I've got news for you people who don't understand what you're watching, if Jim Kelly were out there today, in his prime, he'd have thrown 5 interceptions and been sacked a dozen times.  As bad as his line was at the end, it was NOTHING like this abortion, and you can't expect good QB play under those circumstances.

834132[/snapback]

Thank you, Badol. Jello shots are on me. 0:)

Here is the thing:

834041[/snapback]

Totally agree. Either let him play or don't play him at all. We're not going to "learn" anything about the kid playing games like that.