New Concept here, All-time great songs

justnzane

Its not Judy Garland... Its Julie Andrews

Eagles- Hotel California

832362[/snapback]

Oh great, another music expert. It is Judy Garland. Julie Andrews did "Scrumpdiliicious" and "Spoonful of Sugar On Me" from The Mary Poppins Show. I think you're mixing them up.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man

832184[/snapback]

What gives you the right to switch this to Super heroes? I think you should follow the rules.

Anyway, the best SuperHeroes are Superman, SpiderMan, and Stretch Armstrong in that order.

Iron Man friggin sucked. What kind of Super hero needs an Iron Lung? Tuberculosis was eliminated in the 40s and we don't need Iron Lungs any more. Plus, has he ever heard of Kevlar? ;)

For my third selection, I choose:

L.A. Woman by the Doors.

Not only is it a great song, I remember many a night at the old P.M. (across from the zoo in Buffalo) singing that song with my drunken friends and having a great time.

Not to ruffle feathers, but basically you are saying that Notorious BIG wasn't that good and couldn't talk about the same thing tupac did?

832339[/snapback]

I don't think either of us were saying that Biggie smalls wasn't that good, but he wasn't the lyricist that Pac was. I'll give him the respect that he deserves, but i think that his popularity was tragically generated from his death. I just can't put him on the same level as tupac, early eminem, or early outkast.

and my choice is from another dead man. Nirvana- The Man Who Sold the World

What I Got-Sublime. Incredible band, hard to pick one song. Lots of great advice in these lyrics-

Early in the morning risin' to the street

Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet

Got to find a reason a reason things went wrong

Got to find a reason why my money's all gone

But I got a dalmatian and I can still get high

I can play the guitar like a mother !@#$in riot

Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get

runover or you might get shot

Never start no static

I just get it off my chest

Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest

Take a small example

A tip from me take all of your money and give it up to charity

Lovin's what I got

It's within my reach

And the sublime style's still straight from long beach

It all comes back to you you're gonna get what you deserve

Try and test that you're bound to get served

Love's what I got

Don't start a riot

You feel it when the dance gets hot

That's why I don't cry when my dog runs away

I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay

I don't get angry when my Mom smokes pot, hits

the bottle and goes back to the rock

!@#$in and fighting it's all the same

Livin' with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane

Let the lovin come back to me

What I Got-Sublime.  Incredible band, hard to pick one song.  Lots of great advice in these lyrics-

Early in the morning risin' to the street

Light me up that cigarette and I strap shoes on my feet

Got to find a reason a reason things went wrong

Got to find a reason why my money's all gone

But I got a dalmatian and I can still get high

I can play the guitar like a mother !@#$in riot

Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get

runover or you might get shot

Never start no static

I just get it off my chest

Never had to battle with no bulletproof vest

Take a small example

A tip from me take all of your money and give it up to charity

Lovin's what I got

It's within my reach

And the sublime style's still straight from long beach

It all comes back to you you're gonna get what you deserve

Try and test that you're bound to get served

Love's what I got

Don't start a riot

You feel it when the dance gets hot

That's why I don't cry when my dog runs away

I don't get angry at the bills I have to pay

I don't get angry when my Mom smokes pot, hits

the bottle and goes back to the rock

!@#$in and fighting it's all the same

Livin' with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane

Let the lovin come back to me

832467[/snapback]

great !@#$ing song man!!!!

See now that is what most people are mistaken by. BIG's philosophy was that you had to have the poppy songs for public display and to make money. That was one thing that Jay Z actually claimed that BIG stressed to him. His philosophy was you draw people in with the poppy songs and get them to buy your album, and then your "filler" songs are all real rap songs.

Granted BIG didn't always address society as a whole the way tupac did, but talk about a guy who could capture an entire culture in just a few rhymes. His songs put you in the mindset of being a drug slinger and an outlaw and gives you a picture of what it is like to do the things he does/did and feel guilty about capitalizing on people's weaknesses and the scenes in ghetto's.

I know you and I may never see on an equal platform when it comes to this debate, in fact we will probably argue this until death, but i think BIG catches a little bit of a bad rep as a rapper because of his "poppy" songs that people really knew and listened to on the radio, and not the stuff underneath those songs that filled out his CD's and were the songs that really mattered in making him one of the best rappers of all time.

832361[/snapback]

Yes, but you dont "sell-out" just to get people to buy your album. Thats ridiculous and Jay-Z isnt any good either. He is the most popular rapper right now but he is not on the same level as BIG or Pac.

Not much else I can say about it though, other than, their is a reason why Tupac WAS and STILL IS considered the best rapper of all time.

Yes, but you dont "sell-out" just to get people to buy your album. Thats ridiculous and Jay-Z isnt any good either. He is the most popular rapper right now but he is not on the same level as BIG or Pac.

Not much else I can say about it though, other than, their is a reason why Tupac WAS and STILL IS considered the best rapper of all time.

832471[/snapback]

I second that motion on the floor

Oh great, another music expert.  It is Judy Garland.  Julie Andrews did "Scrumpdiliicious" and "Spoonful of Sugar On Me" from The Mary Poppins Show.  I think you're mixing them up.

832389[/snapback]

No i am not. Judy Garland did The Wizard of Oz. Julie Andrews starred in Mary Popins and Sound of Music.

Sound of Music

Wizard of Oz

No i am not. Judy Garland did The Wizard of Oz. Julie Andrews starred in Mary Popins and Sound of Music.

Sound of Music

Wizard of Oz

832498[/snapback]

Wow i thought the wall hit a low after the loss to Detroit, but it is really hitting rock bottom w/ debate over the Wiz of Oz, Sound of Music, and Mary Poppins. ;) Maybe this is gay-friendly TSW w/o the bandwagon jumpers now :lol:

Wow i thought the wall hit a low after the loss to Detroit, but it is really hitting rock bottom w/ debate over the Wiz of Oz, Sound of Music, and Mary Poppins. ;)  Maybe this is gay-friendly TSW w/o the bandwagon jumpers now :lol:

832513[/snapback]

I am simply pointing out the mistake ieatcrayonz has made. I don't like being wrong.

Oh great, another music expert.  It is Judy Garland.  Julie Andrews did "Scrumpdiliicious" and "Spoonful of Sugar On Me" from The Mary Poppins Show.  I think you're mixing them up.

832389[/snapback]

Judy Garland pitched for the Indians, Spoonfull of Sugar On Me was by the Archies and Straight Outa Compton was from the Mary Poppins show

I am simply pointing out the mistake ieatcrayonz has made. I don't like being wrong.

832516[/snapback]

Well you are wrong this time. Judy Garland starred in The Sound of Music and Sang the signature song. Julie Andrews played Mary Poppins.

I think you know these things are true but you are trying to trick me into clicking your Peter Pan links. I'll have none of that. Nice try though.