This article:

Is total horse-sh--.

Each one of those three class of 2004 QBs stepped into GOOD teams with a shitload of talent on both sides of the ball and with top-notch coaches.

Losman spent half his starts under the Rich Kotite of our time, Mike Mularkey and has had the "privilege" of working under Dick Jauron the other half. Not to mention he's had the all world OL of Gandy/Reyes/Fowler/Villarial/Peters ahead of him.

Just goes to show you that "experts" are about as retarded as most TSW posters.

My biggest gripe is that JP is playing on a team that has not been to the playoffs since 98 and has no proven system or players on offense at any position, including himself. The only proven player we had was Moulds and he was clearly proven to be on the decline. WM is about the closest to being a proven player that we have and he is proven to be inconsistent. This year Evans may have proven he can be a solid WR but coming into this year he was an unknown as a #1 WR and he isn't exactlt lighting it up this year. No Pro Bowlers or proven players whatsoever at OL and TE. I mean Manning has Tiki in the backfield, a Pro Bowl TE, and proven receivers. Rivers sat on the bench for 2 years on a playoff team with a sytem in place and top 3 proven players at their postion in LT and Gates. Ben steps into a team with a solid running game, proven veteran WR in Ward and a solid defense that can just carry him along to hide his shortcomings.

I hate to sound like one of those guys making up all these excuses for JP but anyone can see that he step into a worse situation than those guys and that is the main reason why he is off to a slow start. Take Romo; he has looked good his first 2 games for he has sat on the bench 4 years in the same system and steps in and plays with proven Pro Bowl caliber WR and TE's. Plus his coaching staff modified their playcalling to fit his strengths. If we had picked up Romo he would be looking just as bad as JP for he would be a sitting duck behind so-so talent and an offensive coaching staff that wouldn't allow but him in the best position to suceed but instead leave him face down!

For those attending the games, is Losman not seeing open receivers or are they just not open? I watch the games at a sports bar and without the sound and view of the entire field I don't know the full story. I know the offensive line and Losman have struggled but there are also times when Losman has time but it seems like either nobody is open or he just doesn't see the open receivers. I think the coaches have trained Losman to stay in the pocket to the point where he avoids scrambling when he can gain a few yards. Losman also seems to avoid the rollout as if he now has "quicksand feet" like Bledsoe. Losman's mobility is one of his strengths so why not use it?

Supporting cast aside, there is also a reason why Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben were all revered as top 10 draft picks (I know Big Ben went #11, but he was rated much higher), while JP was rated as a late first rounder. It had little to do with talent, as some scouts felt that JP was every bit as talented as the other 3 in terms of arm strength and especially mobility. However, while the others had all played in major programs and were center stage in Bowl games, Losman played for a program in Tulane that was far less sophisticated.

The reality at the time that the Bills drafted him was that he was green and was going to take some time to develop, which didn't seem like a problem, since we had an established QB in Bledsoe. Like Drew or not -- the decision to simply cut him prior to last season, without even giving him a chance to compete for the job was a very foolish one. As unpolished as Losman was, he may have benefited more from sitting on the bench an extra year than dealing with all that was thrown at him. If we throw out last year entirely (given the ousted coaching staff) -- and just look at what he's done so far this year, it is quite consistent with what you've come to expect from a 1st year starter. In fact, his 1400+ passing yards through the first 8 games this year are right in line with the 2800-2900 passing yards that Bledsoe put up in each of his last two seasons here...

With that said, if he does not show major improvement over the second half of the season, I think we have no choice but to look elesewhere next year. Given the much easier schedule (on paper) in the second half, I'd say that the odds are in his favor.

Supporting cast aside, there is also a reason why Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben were all revered as top 10 draft picks (I know Big Ben went #11, but he was rated much higher), while JP was rated as a late first rounder. It had little to do with talent, as some scouts felt that JP was every bit as talented as the other 3 in terms of arm strength and especially mobility. However, while the others had all played in major programs and were center stage in Bowl games, Losman played for a program in Tulane that was far less sophisticated.

830872[/snapback]

True, but I also recall the various scout reports that spoke of him as a "coach killer", and a fellow who wouldn't let losses get in the way of his personal statistics. Presumably, he has been weaned of that.

Lest folks pounce on me, I was one who wanted him to be the starter last season. I still do.

Is total horse-sh--.

Each one of those three class of 2004 QBs stepped into GOOD teams with a shitload of talent on both sides of the ball and with top-notch coaches.

Losman spent half his starts under the Rich Kotite of our time, Mike Mularkey and has had the "privilege" of working under Dick Jauron the other half. Not to mention he's had the all world OL of Gandy/Reyes/Fowler/Villarial/Peters ahead of him.

Just goes to show you that "experts" are about as retarded as most TSW posters.

830521[/snapback]

agreed. He disporves himself as well.

In 16 starts under various morons, losman has 2700 yrds, 15 TD, and 15 int. sounds like a typical 1st/2nd year starting QB to me. But for some reason, everyone claims losman sucks more than anyone, and he is arguably the worst starting in the history of the NFL ever. :P

I apologize for allowing coherent logic to be included in my post. i know it isnt accepted well around these parts.

But for some reason, everyone claims losman sucks more than anyone, and he is arguably the worst starting in the history of the NFL ever.  :P

830894[/snapback]

Because it's true. Losman sucks. Why haven't we been to the playoffs in all these years? Losman, that's why. Why can't our defense stuff the run? Losman. Why can't Lee Evans run his routes past the first down marker? Losman. Willis' inability to get the tough yards and score points in the red zone? Yep, that's Losman too. The Bills losing every damn game they played against the Dolphins back in the 70's? You guessed it...

Because it's true.  Losman sucks.  Why haven't we been to the playoffs in all these years?  Losman, that's why.  Why can't our defense stuff the run?  Losman.  Why can't Lee Evans run his routes past the first down marker?  Losman.  Willis' inability to get the tough yards and score points in the red zone?  Yep, that's Losman too.  The Bills losing every damn game they played against the Dolphins back in the 70's?  You guessed it...

830898[/snapback]

Any missed FG's and botched punts are JP's fault as well. But I think the worst starting QB of all time was Todd Marinvich wasn't he ?

Because it's true.  Losman sucks.  Why haven't we been to the playoffs in all these years?  Losman, that's why.  Why can't our defense stuff the run?  Losman.  Why can't Lee Evans run his routes past the first down marker?  Losman.  Willis' inability to get the tough yards and score points in the red zone?  Yep, that's Losman too.  The Bills losing every damn game they played against the Dolphins back in the 70's?  You guessed it...

830898[/snapback]

I guess you are right. it pisses me off to think that we may have been able to make a run to the super bowl, but losman didnt stay in his lane and allowed dyson to return the throwback for a TD.

And maybe is losman didnt give up all those 3rd down conversions, our offense would have the ball more this year.

I also heard, and this is strictly a rumor, but it was JP Losman that designed the Sabres' new logo.

I guess you are right. it pisses me off to think that we may have been able to make a run to the super bowl, but losman didnt stay in his lane and allowed dyson to return the throwback for a TD.

And maybe is losman didnt give up all those 3rd down conversions, our offense would have the ball more this year.

I also heard, and this is strictly a rumor, but it was JP Losman that designed the Sabres' new logo.

830917[/snapback]

He actually designed that logo years ago. He needed something to do while hanging out on the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

I heard he spent a lot of time in Florida back in late 2000 as well...

He actually designed that logo years ago.  He needed something to do while hanging out on the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

830925[/snapback]

:P He's been involved in voter irregularities too? Bastard! :lol:

He actually designed that logo years ago.  He needed something to do while hanging out on the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository.

830925[/snapback]

I also find it kinda funny that JP "visited" tulane during the end of august in 2005, and was seen by a levee with dynamite right after katrina "missed" new orleans.