Is it just me, or is there no spirit on this team

BoondckCL

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it seems to me that Bills teams of the past (before the Donahoe regime) had a spunk or some kind of character to them which seemed to define them as a team in my eyes. This Bills team just seems boring. Granted they aren't winning and this may be the cause, but even when former Bills teams lost there were still guys who lifted spirits.

For example, in the late Butler era, i have sharp memories of guys like Ruben Brown, Ted Washington, and an assortment of others that you would see pregame clips of that would make you laugh. With this team, i don't see any of that or anyone who is like that.

The coaches and their interviews are about as interesting to watch as time tick off of a clock. The only thing from players that we have seen in talking to the media is a runningback that sets himself up to be the laughing stock of the league for a few weeks. We don't have anybody but thugs, wanna-be's and dull minds that run our team.

Any thoughts on this matter or is it just me?

My Dad actually mentioned this today, talking about how Kelly would get in receivers faces if they dropped a ball. Losman just walks away with his head down.

826469[/snapback]

Hypothetical question. If you're a current receiver for the buffalo bills, and you droped a pass and losman got in your face what would your initial reaction be?

Losman hasn't earned the right to do that sort of thing. It would just be kind of hypocritical and come off as "hey you're jp losman now stfu".

Hypothetical question. If you're a current receiver for the buffalo bills, and you droped a pass and losman got in your face what would your initial reaction be? 

Losman hasn't earned the right to do that sort of thing. It would just be kind of hypocritical and come off as "hey you're jp losman now stfu".

826484[/snapback]

if i were robert royal, i'd STFU... if my QB got in my face, even if he were christopher reeve, post horse, i'd be embarrassed and ashamed because i dropped a 30 yard pass that hit me in the numbers. maybe this win will give jp the confidence to do that. QBs don't need to earn respect to get into someone's face who blew a block or dropped a sure TD. He just needs to have the balls to do it

if i were robert royal, i'd STFU...  if my QB got in my face, even if he were christopher reeve, post horse, i'd be embarrassed and ashamed because i dropped a 30 yard pass that hit me in the numbers.  maybe this win will give jp the confidence to do that.  QBs don't need to earn respect to get into someone's face who blew a block or dropped a sure TD.  He just needs to have the balls to do it

826495[/snapback]

Applause, applause!

That's one of the weakest things about JP. He acts like he isn't the leader of this team. The QB position is the bully pulpit and the QB is given that respect because of his position. The thing about Losman is he's acting more like Joe Ferguson than Jim Kelly. And his receivers and backs are acting more like some of the loons on this board than professional athletes. By that I mean their talent isn't impressive, and they seem to think about themselves way too much.

826484[/snapback]

Since JP is the QB, he needs to start acting like he is the captain of the offense.

He hasn't earned the right? WTF?

This team has to get an infusion of the "Beebe Factor".

Never Give Up. ;)

My Dad actually mentioned this today, talking about how Kelly would get in receivers faces if they dropped a ball. Losman just walks away with his head down.

826469[/snapback]

...and when (not if) Kelly threw up a lame duck, he looked at his receiver returning to the huddle, and pointed to himself, saying "my bad". That was for both the receiver and the whole stadium to see.

Issue over, next play!

THAT is being a leader.

Actually, yesterday was the first time since last year that I'd seen JP look visibly mad after a number of plays, though I wasn't sure if he was mad at himself or others. Also wasn't sure if that emotion was a good thing or bad- he seems to play better when he isn't trying to do too much.

826469[/snapback]

So far, Hargrove leads the team in spunk. No sacks, tackles, or assists, but plenty of spunk.

826542[/snapback]

I noticed that too, with his fro shaking all over the place. Just give him a few more weeks here and then we'll see what happens.

That is what bugs me the most about this team, they don't seem like they give a rats @ss. I have not seen or heard one post game conference where anyone seemed to care that they got their butts kicked.

J.P. sounds like an idiot when he talks. Not a QB, not a leader. It sounds like he has trouble piecing words together to form a sentence.

J.P. sounds like an idiot when he talks. Not a QB, not a leader.  It sounds like he has trouble piecing words together to form a sentence.

826927[/snapback]

The wierd thing is back in the day, you would see Kelly talking to Thurman or Bledsoe talking to Henry on the sidelines about things that were going on during the game. I'm not even sure JP has ever had a conversation with Willis. Forget talking, I can even imagine them standing next to each other on the sideline.

I'm not sure about anyone else, but it seems to me that Bills teams of the past (before the Donahoe regime) had a spunk or some kind of character to them which seemed to define them as a team in my eyes. This Bills team just seems boring. Granted they aren't winning and this may be the cause, but even when former Bills teams lost there were still guys who lifted spirits.

For example, in the late Butler era, i have sharp memories of guys like Ruben Brown, Ted Washington, and an assortment of others that you would see pregame clips of that would make you laugh. With this team, i don't see any of that or anyone who is like that.

The coaches and their interviews are about as interesting to watch as time tick off of a clock. The only thing from players that we have seen in talking to the media is a runningback that sets himself up to be the laughing stock of the league for a few weeks. We don't have anybody but thugs, wanna-be's and dull minds that run our team.

Any thoughts on this matter or is it just me?

826454[/snapback]

Those guys got shipped out for "lack of discipline"....

The wierd thing is back in the day, you would see Kelly talking to Thurman or Bledsoe talking to Henry on the sidelines about things that were going on during the game. I'm not even sure JP has ever had a conversation with Willis. Forget talking, I can even imagine them standing next to each other on the sideline.

826942[/snapback]

It is hard to tell from the tv broadcast, since they are so quick to jump from any clock stoppage to John Mellecamp and shev-row-lait.

This week really cracked me up because they had a boat-load of Brett Favre past action film packaged for play whenever they could.

They spent more time giving him BJs than reviewing the game. ;)

826484[/snapback]

WRONG! He is the captain of the offense. Period. Kelly wouldnt care if it was his 1st year. Kelly wouldnt care if he just threw 4 INT's and his receiver dropped a ball. He would still get in their face.

WRONG! He is the captain of the offense. Period. Kelly wouldnt care if it was his 1st year. Kelly wouldnt care if he just threw 4 INT's and his receiver dropped a ball. He would still get in their face.

827078[/snapback]

True -- but leadership works in different ways for different people. Some QBs can just give a WR a certain look -- and that goes even further than hollering. Also, when a receiver drops a pass -- if he really cares -- he's probably so mad at himself already that yelling at him is more like throwing salt on the wound than motivating him. One's leadership style is uniquely tied to one's own personality. Kelly had a fiery personality, so the yelling translated well for him. That may or may not work for Losman. Just because that style of leadership doesn't work for JP doesn't mean that he can't be a leader.