Bills Daily writers are dead on

Chilly

I don't think I would rate the QB so harshly, they won the game and he did what most people asked, don't turn the ball over.

This was the most interesting line out of the entire article to me, It could be nothing or it could be something

Keith Ellison saw some action in the 3-4 defense that the Bills unveiled at times

Could the Bills be looking at possibly changing their defensive scheme and going for more of a3-4 rather then the cover 2? I know we don't have the linemen to do it now, but maybe looking a bit towards next season?

I don't think I would rate the QB so harshly, they won the game and he did what most people asked, don't turn the ball over.

This was the most interesting line out of the entire article to me, It could be nothing or it could be something

Keith Ellison saw some action in the 3-4 defense that the Bills unveiled at times

Could the Bills be looking at possibly changing their defensive scheme and going for  more of a3-4 rather then the cover 2? I know we don't have the linemen to do it now, but maybe looking a bit towards next season?

826676[/snapback]

Something to consider. The cover 2 is the defense du jour and everyone has seen it, accounted for it, and drafted to beat it. we also have a passel of good linebackers. Might be a very nice arrow to have in the quiver.

They actually played a 4 - 4 hybrid thing, not a 3-4. Not that I'm an expert on alignment and formation, but there were 4 down linemen in that formation.

Could the Bills be looking at possibly changing their defensive scheme and going for  more of a3-4 rather then the cover 2? I know we don't have the linemen to do it now, but maybe looking a bit towards next season?

826676[/snapback]

I never focused on the d-line so I was just focusing on what was said in that line. Maybe they are going to come up with some hybrid 3-4/4-4 Cover 2 defence?

826692[/snapback]

I didn't get to watch the game, but:

The problem with that is that it forces the CB's and Safeties to be perfect. It wouldn't take much to throw some odd formations in and send different people deep to confuse the D. With one Safety deep (and a rookie at that) I think the open plays down field would kill us. I think it's aggravating enough now seeing how far off the line the CB's are. In this case it would be worse.

On the other hand it would probably help the intermediate game and take away the center of the field.

With the sub-par showing our CB's have shown this year so far I don't think it's a good game plan most of the time. But when your playing against Brett "Lob it as high as you can" Favre, it was probably a good move.

Their grades for this week = perfect.

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2006/gb/grades.shtml

826285[/snapback]

especially the part about receivers getting the lowest grade at "F". no one on this board seems to be noticing it but this aspect of the bills is severely lacking. most obvious is a big WR that can tough it out over the middle, win size match ups against smaller DBs and be visible downfield to the QB. the current group of speedy little smurfs is not cutting it

They actually played a 4 - 4 hybrid thing, not a 3-4. Not that I'm an expert on alignment and formation, but there were 4 down linemen in that formation.

826690[/snapback]

I noticed on many plays that we would take Terrence McGee out of the game, and line up one of the safeties (I believe Whitner) at corner, and play with just one safety.

Green Bay didn't have a lot of WR's on the roster, so this may have been because they were in a one WR set, with one of the TE's split out wide.....

I'd be curious to hear more about about it....

JDG

I noticed on many plays that we would take Terrence McGee out of the game, and line up one of the safeties (I believe Whitner) at corner, and play with just one safety.

Green Bay didn't have a lot of WR's on the roster, so this may have been because they were in a one WR set, with one of the TE's split out wide.....

I'd be curious to hear more about about it....

JDG

826729[/snapback]

If so it shows some pretty good preperation and adjustments by the coaches.

826676[/snapback]

3.2 yards per pass play.

I think Cover 2 and 3-4 personnel are the exact opposite front seven.

Is that how far we have fallen? A good game by our QB is qualified by him NOT turning over the ball for a change?

Is that how far we have fallen? A good game by our QB is qualified by him NOT turning over the ball for a change?

826767[/snapback]

And 102 total yards against a team that had given up more passing yards than any other team so far this season!

At least it is a good start....

826784[/snapback]

LMAO! Please.

7 of 14 for 59 yrds on passes other then the one to Evans on a play any college QB could have made.

Where was this good start when Evans was wide open and Loseman stared down Robert Royal and almost had it picked off? A horrible throw is still a horrible throw even if the DB drops a sure Int.

2-11 on third downs and five sacks are all the stats you need to judge Loseman. Loseman did nothing in this game that Nall or Holcomb couldn't have done or even done better, :flirt: