wouldn't find this outside of WNY

Bills 30

Packers 14

Crews were impressed by Buffalonians' spirit

11/2/2006

My husband was a member of one of the many crews dispatched to Buffalo during the October snowstorm. He was away from home for two weeks, returning power to Buffalo's hardest-hit areas. When he returned home, he showed me the Oct. 23 issue of The News covering the storm. In it there was an editorial titled "Power crews, well done." I am writing to let Buffalo know that, yes, the special spirit of Buffalonians was evident throughout my husband's two-week stay.

He raved about the kind people of Buffalo every night during our phone calls. The first thing he would tell me is how wonderful everyone was to him and his crew. People would stop by his work site to offer coffee, doughnuts, cookies and, most of all, a thank you. Even after being out of power for so long, everyone was patient and in good spirits.

One woman was so appreciative when her power was restored she cried tears of joy while thanking him. I just wanted to let Buffalonians know their kindness did not go unnoticed. It was overwhelming to the out-of-town crews.

Jane DeCann

Phelps

are you kidding me? if "Phelps" means Phelps, NY, that is just the other side of Rochester.....away from home for 2 weeks while less than 2 hours away? Now if this was a person from say, Phelps, FL or Phelps, TX or wherever...but holy crap...this is practically a buffalo suburb(I know, I know, i am exaggerating). Are we that desparate to find something to hang our hats on that we gloat over a Rochester person praising the "Buffalo Sprit"? pretty sad!

Bills 30

Packers 14

11/2/2006 

My husband was a member of one of the many crews dispatched to Buffalo during the October snowstorm. He was away from home for two weeks, returning power to Buffalo's hardest-hit areas. When he returned home, he showed me the Oct. 23 issue of The News covering the storm. In it there was an editorial titled "Power crews, well done." I am writing to let Buffalo know that, yes, the special spirit of Buffalonians was evident throughout my husband's two-week stay.

He raved about the kind people of Buffalo every night during our phone calls. The first thing he would tell me is how wonderful everyone was to him and his crew. People would stop by his work site to offer coffee, doughnuts, cookies and, most of all, a thank you. Even after being out of power for so long, everyone was patient and in good spirits.

One woman was so appreciative when her power was restored she cried tears of joy while thanking him. I just wanted to let Buffalonians know their kindness did not go unnoticed. It was overwhelming to the out-of-town crews.

Jane DeCann

Phelps

822938[/snapback]

are you kidding me?  if "Phelps" means Phelps, NY, that is just the other side of Rochester.....away from home for 2 weeks while less than 2 hours away?  Now if this was a person from say, Phelps, FL or Phelps, TX or wherever...but holy crap...this is practically a buffalo suburb(I know, I know, i am exaggerating).  Are we that desparate to find something to hang our hats on that we gloat over a Rochester person praising the "Buffalo Sprit"?  pretty sad!

823219[/snapback]

Come on man.....what's hard to believe about a crew from the other side of Rochester being here for two weeks? It's a nice story about a spirit outshining a difficult time for the region. I think it is a good thing, not an object for ridicule.

Bills 30

Packers 14

11/2/2006 

Jane DeCann

Phelps

822938[/snapback]

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The best thing about Buffalo is the people.

Oh and wings. :D

look at the heading of the thread "Wouldn't find this outside of WNY"...Phelps is practically Western NY. I still say that we that have ties to the area are freaking starved for any sort of attention other than snow and "wide right".

And btw...its "common man"

Come on man.....what's hard to believe about a crew from the other side of Rochester being here for two weeks?  It's a nice story about a spirit outshining a difficult time for the region.  I think it is a good thing, not an object for ridicule.

823253[/snapback]

are you kidding me?  if "Phelps" means Phelps, NY, that is just the other side of Rochester.....away from home for 2 weeks while less than 2 hours away?  Now if this was a person from say, Phelps, FL or Phelps, TX or wherever...but holy crap...this is practically a buffalo suburb(I know, I know, i am exaggerating).  Are we that desparate to find something to hang our hats on that we gloat over a Rochester person praising the "Buffalo Sprit"?  pretty sad!

823219[/snapback]

Bunch of Decann's living in the Phelps, Geneva, Clifton Springs area.

Still...nice of the woman to take the time to write something nice.

sorry, but you are wrong and therefore a complete and udder moron, irregardless of what anyone says

823277[/snapback]

Sorry to hear you have your panties wadded up so tightly today. It's easy to lob criticism of a situation from out of state and trivialize the generosity people put forth when you're not the one who didn't have electricity for 6 days. It's a good story, and you're a glass half empty tool for tearing it down.

Sorry to hear you have your panties wadded up so tightly today.  It's easy to lob criticism of a situation from out of state and trivialize the generosity people put forth when you're not the one who didn't have electricity for 6 days.  It's a good story, and you're a glass half empty tool for tearing it down.

823291[/snapback]

OK, time for a little TBD history lesson.

Once in TBD land there lived a man named ICE. ICE often flew off the handle, and he is no longer with us.

Well, anyway, this guy ICE always used to write common man! When he actually meant "Come on man!"

Hence, common man has become a TBDism much like belinda, SUW and rudy.

Pooj doesn't have his panties in a wad, he goes comando. He's pulling your leg. :D

OK, time for a little TBD history lesson.

Once in TBD land there lived a man named ICE.  ICE often flew off the handle, and he is no longer with us.

Well, anyway, this guy ICE always used to write common man!  When he actually meant "Come on man!"

Hence, common man has become a TBDism much like belinda, SUW and rudy.

Pooj doesn't have his panties in a wad, he goes comando.  He's pulling your leg. :D

823293[/snapback]

Well then I gladly rescind what I said. I always thought Pooj was a light hearted kind of poster so I got offended. I stand corrected and educated.

no don't recind because i am serious about me thinking the article is a pathetic commentary on how we like to hang our hats on the smallest thing...sure its a great gesture by the letter writer, but I fully expected the author of the letter to be from somewhere further than 100 miles away....

Well then I gladly rescind what I said.  I always thought Pooj was a light hearted kind of poster so I got offended.  I stand corrected and educated.

823297[/snapback]

no don't recind because i am serious about me thinking the article is a pathetic commentary on how we like to hang our hats on the smallest thing...sure its a great gesture by the letter writer, but I fully expected the author of the letter to be from somewhere further than 100 miles away....

823309[/snapback]

dammit, now I gotta resend what I said two. all this fighting has made me dizy.

823309[/snapback]

Ok I Rescind the snide "tool" part. I don't take back what I think of the situation though. Even if it was my neighbor who also was experiencing hardship, and they helped me out by working hard at their job to get the community back together, I would be extremely grateful and generous for their services. There are many stories of people making big lunches for the crews in the neighborhood and giving hot coffee and tea to everybody, I think that is something special when a neighborhood is in shambles.

look at the heading of the thread "Wouldn't find this outside of WNY"...Phelps is practically Western NY.  I still say that we that have ties to the area are freaking starved for any sort of attention other than snow and "wide right".

And btw...its "common man"

823269[/snapback]

Ok, so the thread mentions WNY. Big deal. The letter makes no mention of kindness in WNY, only the kindness found in the Buffalo area. It's a nice compliment and shows that Buffalo is a truly great community. How in the world does this prove that we are starving for attention when no one in Buffalo wrote this letter? Do you have a clue Pooj? I know Fredonia State doesn't have the highest academic standards, but dude this is ridiculous. Anyone that can spin a nice comment for Buffalo around like that is nothing more than a d!ckhead. Unless you are just trying to rile people up, which if that's the case, you certainly did.