John Kerry is an idiot!

Man, that radio station really does have you brainwashed doesn't it?

Liberals don't hate those words - they hate when they are used exclusively to describe people who agree with you.

821214[/snapback]

I guess I didn't realize the station's full name was "We're Patriots and you aren't". A Conservative claiming to be patriotic is not an indication of your lack of Patriotism. It is funny how defensive the left gets when the issue of Patriotism comes up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice apology Kerry. Hold a press conference and not even address the issue of your comments. Then say, you never said exactly what you said, when a reporter asks a question. All he had to do was come out calmly and explain his comments and how he can understand that they could be misconstrued.

Way to go extreme and make up the minds of probably a good number of Republicans that were leaning to vote Democrat this election. You reminded them today why they don't vote Democrat. Dumbass.  :pirate:

821248[/snapback]

He should have had Kelly the dog explain it at the press conference!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/31/ker...cain/index.html

"Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education," McCain said in a statement.

U.S. troops "deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service," he added and said the notion that only those with poor educations serve in the Iraq "is an insult to every soldier serving in combat."

"Without them, we wouldn't live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks," McCain said.

But Kerry refused to relent, calling the criticism part of the "classic GOP playbook."

Yup, the republicans told him to say what he said. Those mean dastardly republicans. God, what a retard. All he had to do was, apologize.

John Kerry aide says senator accidentally "mangled" Iraq statement

Ya, think??

Kerry was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

Retard Kerry: Ladies and Gentleman, this is what I wanted to say. If I've offended anyone, I am completely sorry. But its still the Republicans fault, not mine.

Yup, the republicans told him to say what he said. Those mean dastardly republicans. God, what a retard. All he had to do was, apologize.

Ya, think??

Retard Kerry: Ladies and Gentleman, this is what I wanted to say. If I've offended anyone, I am completely sorry. But its still the Republicans fault, not mine.

821289[/snapback]

You don't apologize for something you didn't say. Sorry. Kerry says a lot of the most stupid things a politician can possibly say, but even he wouldn't say that about veterans and members of the US forces, even if he thought it.

Just think about it rationally for a second. This wasn't something in an offhand remark. This wasn't a joke he told friends where someone had a recorder he didn't know about. He knew it was being recorded for at least the local Los Angeles TV, as there were microphones and TV cameras right there. Do you really think even the mighty moron of Mass, a week before the election, campaigning for someone else, is going to say or imply that all the American Armed Forces are stupid and lazy? If you do, you're stupid and lazy. :pirate:

You don't apologize for something you didn't say.

821297[/snapback]

No, you don't. But you sure as hell don't come out guns blazing when the words you said could have very easily been misconstrued.

All he had to do was come out and explain exactly what he meant by his comments and this goes away after a couple more hours of continuous loop on Fox news. Instead, he comes out, never really explains what he meant in an adult, well thought out manner and goes into a 5 minute diatribe about how this is a GOP conspiracy and they're all out to get him. Now it's a story up until the election.

Dumb last night, even dumber today. He wasn't going to walk out and win many votes today, but he sure as hell walked out and probably lost some.

You don't apologize for something you didn't say. Sorry. Kerry says a lot of the most stupid things a politician can possibly say, but even he wouldn't say that about veterans and members of the US forces, even if he thought it.

Just think about it rationally for a second. This wasn't something in an offhand remark. This wasn't a joke he told friends where someone had a recorder he didn't know about. He knew it was being recorded for at least the local Los Angeles TV, as there were microphones and TV cameras right there. Do you really think even the mighty moron of Mass, a week before the election, campaigning for someone else, is going to say or imply that all the American Armed Forces are stupid and lazy? If you do, you're stupid and lazy.  :pirate:

821297[/snapback]

Absolutely not. But as you know, thats not the point. This is politics, and the truth doesnt matter. And if you didn't realize that, you may be stupid and or lazy, or both. :devil:

No, you don't. But you sure as hell don't come out guns blazing when the words you said could have very easily been misconstrued.

All he had to do was come out and explain exactly what he meant by his comments and this goes away after a couple more hours of continuous loop on Fox news. Instead, he comes out, never really explains what he meant in an adult, well thought out manner and goes into a 5 minute diatribe about how this is a GOP conspiracy and they're all out to get him. Now it's a story up until the election.

Dumb last night, even dumber today. He wasn't going to walk out and win many votes today, but he sure as hell walked out and probably lost some.

821301[/snapback]

Oh, he's terrible, don't get me wrong. He couldn't explain the word "explanation" while reciting from the dictionary in his hand. But he's right, it is a GOP conspiracy to intentionally misconstrue both what he said and meant (in the exact same way it is a Dem conspiracy to intentionally misconstrue both what Bush has said and meant at different times). I think he has a right to be pissed about it, regardless of the fact he was responsible for saying the stupid thing in the first place. You know as well as anyone that the very worst thing you can possibly do to almost any Veteran is to question his patriotism and support of the country in general and its Armed Forces in particular. Even if you have had problems with that very institution yourself. It's like someone insulting your mother. It makes you want to kill people.

Exactly as I said, he was talking about Bush and sounded stupid.

821283[/snapback]

Aren't those two things the same?

Pay attention in school, less you have to continually explain why you sound like a moron every time you open your mouth.

And the Ivy League cringes again.

I guess I didn't realize the station's full name was "We're Patriots and you aren't".  A Conservative claiming to be patriotic is not an indication of your lack of Patriotism.  It is funny how defensive the left gets when the issue of Patriotism comes up.

821274[/snapback]

Yeah, thats it. :pirate: First you the "left" as hating Patriotism, then you claim the "left" as being defensive of a perceived lack of Patriotism.

The whole fked up thing about the name is the "Listen to this radio station because you're a patriot!" Emotional appeal in advertising which is ridiculous, and thats my whole problem with the name. Air America was a stupid name too.

My whole point about the "left" and patriotism which you managed to botch was that "liberals don't hate those words". Somehow you dragged the radio station back into that point, when I didn't mention it in relation to that point. :devil: I merely said that the station has you brainwashed.

Ya, think??

821289[/snapback]

Where does he say that its the Republican's fault that he botched a joke? I love the attempt to politicize a botched joke when that party's President is the king of botched sentences. He's simply saying that he's getting unnecessary criticism in an attempt to politicize the issue, and I'd agree with him.

However, he's an idiot, cause he's also attempting to politicize the politicizing, and just comes off looking like a hypocrite. I'm specifically talking about these sentences here:

He further expressed disgust with "Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country."

Kerry added that President Bush and Vice President Cheney "owe our troops an apology" because they "misled America into war."

Bush and Cheney "have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it," the senator said.

Politics as usual folks.

Do you really think even the mighty moron of Mass, a week before the election, campaigning for someone else, is going to say or imply that all the American Armed Forces are stupid and lazy? If you do, you're stupid and lazy.  :D

821297[/snapback]

The thing is, you actually might be giving him too much credit. Kerry is not stupid. He is a compulsive liar, and imo a friggin nut.

Bro, he lied about:

His ethnicity (claimed he was Irish)

His support for the war.

What kind of cars he owns.

Where he eats dinner.

Do you remember when he was asked if he was for or against Gay Marriages and his answer was "YES?" :devil:

The purpose of this post is not to tell you that repubs are good. I am saying that Kerry could actually be insane enough to make a statement against the troops. Why not? He could just lie about it at a later time. It is possible.

Does this make me lazy and stupid? :pirate:

Do you really think even the mighty moron of Mass, a week before the election, campaigning for someone else, is going to say or imply that all the American Armed Forces are stupid and lazy?

821297[/snapback]

Yes I think he's that stupid and yes I think he's that big of an !@#$.

Kerry knows the military men and women did not vote for him in 2004. I really doubt he holds them in high esteem after that. This could be a case of a bitter, old dumbass just forgetting what he's doing.

Yeah, thats it.  :pirate:  First you the "left" as hating Patriotism, then you claim the "left" as being defensive of a perceived lack of Patriotism.

The whole fked up thing about the name is the "Listen to this radio station because you're a patriot!"  Emotional appeal in advertising which is ridiculous, and thats my whole problem with the name. Air America was a stupid name too.

My whole point about the "left" and patriotism which you managed to botch was that "liberals don't hate those words".  Somehow you dragged the radio station back into that point, when I didn't mention it in relation to that point. :devil:  I merely said that the station has you brainwashed.

Where does he say that its the Republican's fault that he botched a joke? I love the attempt to politicize a botched joke when that party's President is the king of botched sentences.  He's simply saying that he's getting unnecessary criticism in an attempt to politicize the issue, and I'd agree with him.

However, he's an idiot, cause he's also attempting to politicize the politicizing, and just comes off looking like a hypocrite.  I'm specifically talking about these sentences here:

Politics as usual folks.

821343[/snapback]

I guessed you missed the sarcasm, Check with KTD, he got it.

I got drafted into the army and it made quite a big change because I was waving flags all the time that I was on my train, you know, down to South Carolina where I got my murder training. And I . . . okay, I went in there and my complete moral worth was completely destroyed. I mean I was a worthless human being. The worst thing that you can be in the military is to be called a civilian. And so they had to completely re-socialize us, which they were very effective at doing. I didn't agree with everything, but I went along with it. Then I was sent on to advanced genocide training down at Fort Polk, Louisiana. And this is where I got, you know, this is where I started to hate, hate anything that wasn't exactly like me. Anything that wasn't a fighting machine. Gooks.

By the time I had left Fort Polk, Louisiana, I wanted to kill my mother, you know. Or anyone, that, that wasn't you know, completely in agreement with me. I wanted to just kill everything, you know. It's really bad.

Kerry is 100% behind the military and always has been!

Many of the full-time enlisted military signed their papers because it really was the best option for them.  It doesn't mean they don't deserve respect, it just means that an MBA from Georgetown is probably not in the cards for them.  There probably are quite a few high school dropouts serving in Iraq right now, who chose the military because it was the best option for them to make a living.  It's not unreasonable to think that if they could go back and choose between passing Pre-Calc or patrolling the streets of Ramadi, they might attempt to apply themselves a bit more.  At the same time, I'm sure there are plenty serving in Iraq who wanted to get their GED and enlist in the military immediately, because that's what they've always wanted to do.

I'm not saying Kerry ISN'T an idiot.  I'm just trying to read between the lines a little, like you did when you assumed he meant all soldiers are lazy and stupid.  I think what he was saying was, military service is an extremely honorable profession, but don't put yourself in a situation where you have no other options.  A kid who does well at school and wants to go to Georgetown, but can't afford it, might look at the military and the GI Bill as a way to make that happen.  But a kid who drops out of school because he thinks he has all the answers may have to choose between the gas station and Fallujah.  Don't put yourself in a spot where you have no options.

821034[/snapback]

Exactly.

My father was an 8th grade drop out and he went in because he had nothing else in his life.

Growing up during the depression, they didn't even have indoor plumbing until he was about 10.

Times are different now, but my guess is people tend to enlist more times than not because of the situation they are in... Economically and academically... Sure there are the "patriotic" exceptions...

It is actually a perfectly great way to validate your shortcomings and roll yourself up in the patriotic thing and enlist... You can make a lot happen if your life isn't exacly taking you down a respectable road...

Why don't people just be honest with themselves?...

Fire away...