John Kerry is an idiot!

"Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''

This really doesn't sound like a Bush joke to me. Maybe I'm just not "sophisticated" enough.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''

This really doesn't sound like a Bush joke to me. Maybe I'm just not "sophisticated" enough.

822079[/snapback]

Did you bother to read what he claims he was supposed to say, but fked up?

The Republican colored glasses look at this, eh?

822110[/snapback]

No, the I have a shred of commonsense look at it.

The guy is prone to gross exaggeration at best and outright lying at worst. Top it off, he's a congenital idiot who couldn't beat a president with a sub-40% approval rating.

No, the I have a shred of commonsense look at it.

The guy is prone to gross exaggeration at best and outright lying at worst. Top it off, he's a congenital idiot who couldn't beat a president with a sub-40% approval rating.

822134[/snapback]

I agree with what you said there, but I don't think just labeling him a liar in this instance is appropriate. If he meant that, he'd be talking about himself too.

Did you bother to read what he claims he was supposed to say, but fked up?

822093[/snapback]

But as others have mentioned here, he !@#$ed up even more by being a whiney little kid "I will not apologize....I owe no one an apology." If he had said, "that's not what I meant to say, however I deeply apologize to anyone who took what I said the wrong way and was offended." He blew it.

But as others have mentioned here, he !@#$ed up even more by being a whiney little kid "I will not apologize....I owe no one an apology."  If he had said, "that's not what I meant to say, however I deeply apologize to anyone who took what I said the wrong way and was offended."  He blew it.

822208[/snapback]

While thats true, it doesn't apply to JSP calling him a liar. :P

Dude, you are clueless. As you so succiently stated, you don't know schit about the military, let alone the difference between the current culture and you Dad's experience. I guess we should be impressed with your level of knowlege of today's military because your dad served...there's nothing like name dropping to display the utter ignorance of your posts.

Do us all a favor and do some research before posting more drivel like this. Or maybe you can start an alter ego like Pasta Joe/Joey Balls (how original) and submit posts that support your ignorance.

C'mon, you can do better than this...I mean you are educated, right?

821617[/snapback]

Well he got the KP part right. After basic no one ever had to actually work in the chow hall (at least in any of my units we never did, and I was regular Army)...

Anyway, the point is Kerry was cracking jokes to a college crowd that was probably filled with kids that were anti-war and down on the military. I'm sure he figured he could get away with some pot-shots at what those college kids (in Kerry's mind anyway) perceived as an under educated segment of society. A stupid remark meant to entertain some kids who most likely think they are "better than that".

As a vet he should have a little more respect.

edit: And by the way Jarhead, what he said wasn't that inaccurate. Nobody does KP anymore (at least not in the Army), and the culture IS very different. There were no programs like BOSS (better opportunities for single soldiers) and basic trainees didn't get to go on break to see Bon Jovi (as a friend of mine did).

Hell, there was a noticable difference between when I went in in 90 and when I got out in 93.

To quote the DS from Stripes "Lighten up Francis". :P

Hell, there was a noticable difference between when I went in in 90 and when I got out in 93.

To quote the DS from Stripes "Lighten up Francis".  :P

822212[/snapback]

No there wasn't. I went to basic in 92 at Fort Sill and they kicked our asses. I got two off-post passes in AIT. That's it. 8 hours of leave in 13 weeks.

No there wasn't. I went to basic in 92 at Fort Sill and they kicked our asses. I got two off-post passes in AIT. That's it. 8 hours of leave in 13 weeks.

822231[/snapback]

Waaaahhh!

I didn't even have that. I did OSUT (One Station Unit Training) at Knox. 19 weeks, left post once. So stop your whining...

And just because you think you had it rough doesn't mean others weren't getting off easy. My second duty station was back at Knox, and the trainees got more breaks. Sorry it wasn't that way for you. But just because you didn't notice it doesn't mean it wasn't begining to happen.

Waaaahhh!

I didn't even have that. I did OSUT (One Station Unit Training) at Knox. 19 weeks, left post once. So stop your whining...

And just because you think you had it rough doesn't mean others weren't getting off easy. My second duty station was back at Knox, and the trainees got more breaks. Sorry it wasn't that way for you. But just because you didn't notice it doesn't mean it wasn't begining to happen.

822266[/snapback]

Any Marines want to tell these two what difficult training is really like? :P

"Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how. I apologize to no one for my criticism...........Edit: I'll do that tomorrow."  :P  :P

822319[/snapback]

So he didn't apologize for his remark before he apologized for it? This guy is a friggin' walking contradiction.

You don't apologize for something you didn't say.

821297[/snapback]

But you DO apologize for affending people even if what you meant to say wouldn't have. It's called manners. I think we all have put our foot in our mouths at some point. You need to be man enough to apologize to those you've offended.