Leinert must have "IT"...he's tearing up the NFL

milfster1

This league feasts on young QB's, especially once the defensive coordinators start to get some tape on them. Same thing goes for Leinhert, as goes for Tony Romo and goes for JP, who still is basically in his first year of starting. You've seen it with the Mannings, Carson Palmer, and a list of others.

After Leinerts brilliant debut, let's see how he has progressed. Before you act as if I don't like Leinert, I actually do and think he is going to be a very good QB. Maybe better than JP. The fact is that JP, given the time, experience and supporting case, in my opinion is going to be a very good QB. We have too many holes on this team to be selecting QB in the 2006 NFL draft and he does not have the arm for Buffalo.

Leinerts Statistics so far, and you'll notice it

s gotten worse each week:

October Passing Rushing Fumbles

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Att Comp Pct Yds TD Int Rate Sac Yds Att Yds Avg Lg TD Fum Rec

10/01 @ATL L 10-32 No 9 6 66.7 54 0 1 43.1 1 4 1 -7 -7.0 -7 0 1 0

10/08 KC L 20-23 Yes 35 22 62.9 253 2 1 91.7 4 31 1 4 4.0 4 0 0 0

10/16 CHI L 23-24 Yes 42 24 57.1 232 2 0 88.6 1 12 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 0

10/22 @OAK L 9-22 Yes 32 13 40.6 203 0 2 36.3 3 29 3 5 1.7 3 0 1 1

TOTAL 118 65 55.1 742 4 4 71.4 9 76 5 2 0.4 4 0 3 1

I don't want to hear crap about Brady. Brady is a one and a million player (who is a great leader and was from the get go), but who was very sheltered in his first year of caretaking the offense. The defense and Bellichek carried them to their first Super Bowl. As you have seen with experience Tom Brady has just gotten better and better. There may be an instance where someone comes in right away and is great the whole time (ala Dan Marino) but those are very rare.

The fact is, for those of you 'experts', who keep throwing out facts to support that JP must go, is that you don't know crap. Leave the decisions to the coaching staff and front ofice to make the decisions. You act as if a QB should be spectacular from the get go. Guys like Leinert and Young were starters from the get go in College and played in huge atmospheres, so of course it may take less time to get acclimated, but for what JP has had a chance to do I think he has done alright. Being a Buffalo Bills fan, I will support the team, including the QB who the coaches feel is progressing, and quit overreacting to a bad slump by the whole team, and call for 1 players head because it will make you feel better at night. You seem to refute the possibility that the rest of the team's issues could somehow be impairing our QB's progress. Is he perfect, no. Does he have things to improve on, yes. But he admits it, takes the blame for some of it, and is working on it. That's good enough for me when we do not have a better option on the bench.

As I said before, young QB's will struggle. Your seeing it with Big Ben now in Pittsburgh without the running game to rely on. Young players are inconsistant, especially when they are surrounded by a spotty surrounding case. JP is in that boat. Give the guy the rest of the year and see how it goes. If he stinks up the joint you'll get your wish and we will start over, but quit ripping the guy for not being super human. He is a player on what is supposed to be your favorite team.

You make some valid points there. However, I believe Roethlisberger's struggles have a lot more to do w/ what he's gone through since the offseason than I do the running game. First of all, Parker is having a good season for them, so in general, the running game isn't the key factor to their losses. It does hurt them near the goal line or in short yardage situations, but they still have a capable running game overall. Secondly, it's gotta be tough to have a near fatal accident, an appendectomy, and then a concussion w/in a year's time and NOT be affected by it. Concussions are not something to be taken lightly, like a sprain or bruise. It's a brain injury w/ lasting effects. Don't believe me? Check out how guys like Al Toon and Merrill Hoge continue to suffer to this day due to concussions they had in their careers.

I appreciate the thoughts, however you apparently didn't get the memo. We don't envy Leinart this week. We envy Romo. Please be sure to check in to see which QB this week managed to perform the way we think JP should perform.

Sincerely,

The Amalgamated People For A Better QB So They Can Tell People They Were Right Post 47

I appreciate the thoughts, however you apparently didn't get the memo. We don't envy Leinart this week. We envy Romo. Please be sure to check in to see which QB this week managed to perform the way we think JP should perform.

Sincerely,

The Amalgamated People For A Better QB So They Can Tell People They Were Right Post 47

820129[/snapback]

<_<:lol:

You make some valid points there.  However, I believe Roethlisberger's struggles have a lot more to do w/ what he's gone through since the offseason than I do the running game.  First of all, Parker is having a good season for them, so in general, the running game isn't the key factor to their losses.  It does hurt them near the goal line or in short yardage situations, but they still have a capable running game overall.  Secondly, it's gotta be tough to have a near fatal accident, an appendectomy, and then a concussion w/in a year's time and NOT be affected by it.  Concussions are not something to be taken lightly, like a sprain or bruise.  It's a brain injury w/ lasting effects.  Don't believe me?  Check out how guys like Al Toon and Merrill Hoge continue to suffer to this day due to concussions they had in their careers.

820111[/snapback]

I will give you that in that all his off season things have had an effect. Pittsburgh's running attack is definitely not the same as it was last year. Even Willy (although he's not haveing a bad year) is averaging almost a yard less (4.7 in 2005 compared to 3.8 so far this year).

You make some valid points there.  However, I believe Roethlisberger's struggles have a lot more to do w/ what he's gone through since the offseason than I do the running game.  First of all, Parker is having a good season for them, so in general, the running game isn't the key factor to their losses.  It does hurt them near the goal line or in short yardage situations, but they still have a capable running game overall.  Secondly, it's gotta be tough to have a near fatal accident, an appendectomy, and then a concussion w/in a year's time and NOT be affected by it.  Concussions are not something to be taken lightly, like a sprain or bruise.  It's a brain injury w/ lasting effects.  Don't believe me?  Check out how guys like Al Toon and Merrill Hoge continue to suffer to this day due to concussions they had in their careers.

820111[/snapback]

No, the NFL and Dr. Pellman claim that there are no long term cumulative effects of concussions on players. <_<

Roethlisberger is not the same player he was after the accident. I think he lost his mojo or aura, if you like, after the crash. Hopefully he can get back to form because hating on him now is not fun.

Losman will end the year as the starter, he'll start the next year as the starter, if he doesn't show improvements I can't say how much he'll last as the leader of this team, hence we won't be drafting any QBs with our 1st or 2nd round picks.

No, the NFL and Dr. Pellman claim that there are no long term cumulative effects of concussions on players.  :devil:

820193[/snapback]

That's right. Mark Kelso just wore the inflated helmet because he thought it made him more attractive to the ladies. :(

Re: Roethlisberger

You need to ask yourself if he was ever really all that great in the first place.

Or is he just another recent example of the media putting together All-American highlight packages that don't reflect reality in hopes of selling a couple more newspapers.

How many times have you actually watched a complete Stiller game with a critical eye the last couple years? And how many times have you actually seen "BigBen" really play a good complete game against a solid pro defense?

Could Charlie Batch have won the Stillers a SB last year?

Re: Roethlisberger

You need to ask yourself if he was ever really all that great in the first place.

Or is he just another recent example of the media putting together All-American highlight packages that don't reflect reality in hopes of selling a couple more newspapers.

How many times have you actually watched a complete Stiller game with a critical eye the last couple years? And how many times have you actually seen "BigBen" really play a good complete game against a solid pro defense?

Could Charlie Batch have won the Stillers a SB last year?

820775[/snapback]

Probably. They're so bad this year that not even JP could win them a title this year! :(:(:)