fantasy football

mead107

average person spends 10 min. per day managing his team.  lost producttivity 36.7 million per day. 14 million people play .  story on yahoo finance site :w00t:

58995[/snapback]

Is yahoo trying to ruin a good thing? Now companies may consider blocking these sites...stupid Yahoo

average person spends 10 min. per day managing his team.  lost producttivity 36.7 million per day. 14 million people play .  story on yahoo finance site :w00t:

58995[/snapback]

Only ten minutes? Did it say how much draft prep time was done? For me it was about two days. :o

These stories are pure stevestojan. Raise your hand if you have to work every second of every minute of every hour while at work. No one does. But these 'stories' are predicated on everyone doing just that. Even the president of my company walks around and shoots the stevestojan every once in awhile. If the guy isn't goofing off a couple of minutes running his fantasy team then he's probably using those minutes to stare at the wall or make a personal call. Not to mention that there are few of us that are working on how busy we are but rather we work on completing assigned tasks. If you are assigned a task that is expected to take you an hour and you get it done in 40 minutes, then goof off for the other 20, have you really lost much in productivity?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: these 'lost productivity' stories

I ususally get to work about 15 minutes late. I sneak in the side door so my boss doesn't see me. Then I zone out for about 15 minutes. I just stare at my desk. It looks like I'm working. I do it again for about 15 minutes after lunch.

I only actually get about 3 hours of real work done per week.

-------------------------------------------------------------

That whole loss of productivity thing is ridiculous. Are there any studies on how much more productive the US worker has become since 1995? Of course there are! The low inflation numbers were attributed to the huge rise in productivity depite an overheated (can you say bubble?) economy.