Stupid Ticket Raffle at Work

shrader

So each week here at work, they always send out this email about entering in a raffle to win tickets for the "Superbowl Champion New England Patriots". I am beyond sick of this at this point. The raffle itself is fine, but they're not the superbowl champions.

Each time I've received the email this season, I've sent a different reply. Here's what I've said so far:

1. They're not the Superbowl champions.

2. You're giving away Steeler tickets?

How should I respond this week?

My only idea so far:

"I'm not interested, but if you have any tickets for the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins, please let me know."

Tell them you would love to enter, but you are already in a raffle to win tickets to see the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

That's great! Then each subsequent week you can just add in other teams like the Cardinals, Lions, Raiders etc. :lol:

That's great!  Then each subsequent week you can just add in other teams like the Cardinals, Lions, Raiders etc.  :lol:

816709[/snapback]

I thought the Bruins one I listed earlier would be good, but then I remembered that I'm in the middle of bandwagon nation and they don't care about hockey anymore.

So each week here at work, they always send out this email about entering in a raffle to win tickets for the "Superbowl Champion New England Patriots".  I am beyond sick of this at this point.  The raffle itself is fine, but they're not the superbowl champions.

Each time I've received the email this season, I've sent a different reply.  Here's what I've said so far:

1. They're not the Superbowl champions.

2. You're giving away Steeler tickets?

How should I respond this week?

My only idea so far:

"I'm not interested, but if you have any tickets for the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins, please let me know."

816545[/snapback]

Enter, and hope you win. Then if you do, pin the tickets somewhere where everyone can see them going by your office/cubicle. On the following monday when they're still hanging there, mention to anyone in earshot "Oh, I forgot I had those".

Shhh... Don't tell Red Sox fans either, according to them they are still World Champs!

<_<  :angry:

817096[/snapback]

See, that's the thing. We have raffles for those tickets too, but the emails don't say "World Series Champion Boston Red Sox". Both teams are one season removed from their championship. Why do they use that billing for one and not the other? People will go see the Sox no matter what, but they have to throw that label out there for the Pats so that they look important around here.