Have Patience

marck

Good Morning to all,

I like many of you am feeling the frustation of yet another losing season. I would be happier if we were on the winning side of the ledger but accept that growth does take time.

Looking at the schedule I believe we will end up at 6-10 and that will put us about 10th in next years draft. Let's look at where we are at now.

QB - I believe that JP will become a better then average QB in this league. The remaining 9 games this year are for development into the next level. With an offensive line in front of him, I do believe he will put up about 3200 yards, 23 TD's, 10 Int type of seasons in the future with about a 62% completion rate. If this is what he develops into does anybody feel this was a wasted draft choice?

RB - Willis is a true feature back with skills to excel behind a good offensive line, the backup RB situation is marginal at best and the Bills should look for a quality backup in next years draft.

WR - Evans will be a superstar and Pro Bowl player in the future, TE looks set with Robert Royal, Reed & Parrish look like they will be valuable players. Another complimentary WR as the #2 is needed as Price/Davis/Aikin are not true viable threats and this area should be looked at in the draft.

OL - This is where the Bills need to invest. RT Peters is a work in progress and may be well above average. Reyes is solid and will be an asset, I have no issues with Melvin Fowler at C, but the entire left side needs a serious upgrade. With cap monies the Bills must invest in a LG/LT, maybe only a LT as Gandy may be a viable consideration at LG. I do have hopes that Pennington will develop as he has the size and footwork to develop into a serviceable LT. If no player is worthy in free agency, then use the draft to address the left side of the offensive line.

ST - Fine with everything, Lindell, Mooreman & the players on the return teams rank with the best in the NFL.

DL - Ends are solid, not spectacular, the DT combination has shown little to date and there is an obvious need for a three gap DT. I believe the Bills made an error in Judgement by not giving up a 2nd for Anthony McFarland. He is the three gap player needed in this type of system. Since we blew that one, the Bills must pursue this type of player in next years draft.

LB - Area of potential weakness with Fletcher geting older and Spikes not the player he once was. Buffalo needs to get depth and get younger here. I kike Ellison and Crowell, Haggins and Stamer, this is 3rd & 4th round type of players in the draft.

Sec - Great picks with Whitner, Simpson and Youboty. Need to see more of him in Clements spot. I am of the belief that the Bills take the hit and pay Clements to keep the positive steps going in the defensive backfield.

So, assuming we make no other moves then I would make as many free agent moves that I can to add veterans to key and critical spots. Draft the best available player at positions of need and move into year two of the rebuilding program.

New England is on the way down, the Dolphins are a mess and the Jets are definatly on the rise.

As always looking for feedback from all of you.

Good Morning to all,

I like many of you am feeling the frustation of yet another losing season.  I would be happier if we were on the winning side of the ledger but accept that growth does take time.

Looking at the schedule I believe we will end up at 6-10 and that will put us about 10th in next years draft.  Let's look at where we are at now.

QB - I believe that JP will become a better then average QB in this league.  The remaining 9 games this year are for development into the next level.  With an offensive line in front of him, I do believe he will put up about 3200 yards, 23 TD's, 10 Int type of seasons in the future with about a 62% completion rate.  If this is what he develops into does anybody feel this was a wasted draft choice?

RB - Willis is a true feature back with skills to excel behind a good offensive line, the backup RB situation is marginal at best and the Bills should look for a quality backup in next years draft.

WR - Evans will be a superstar and Pro Bowl player in the future, TE looks set with Robert Royal, Reed & Parrish look like they will be valuable players.  Another complimentary WR as the #2 is needed as Price/Davis/Aikin are not true viable threats and this area should be looked at in the draft.

OL - This is where the Bills need to invest.  RT Peters is a work in progress and may be well above average.  Reyes is solid and will be an asset, I have no issues with Melvin Fowler at C, but the entire left side needs a serious upgrade.  With cap monies the Bills must invest in a LG/LT, maybe only a LT as Gandy may be a viable consideration at LG.  I do have hopes that Pennington will develop as he has the size and footwork to develop into a serviceable LT.  If no player is worthy in free agency, then use the draft to address the left side of the offensive line.

ST - Fine with everything, Lindell, Mooreman & the players on the return teams rank with the best in the NFL.

DL - Ends are solid, not spectacular, the DT combination has shown little to date and  there is an obvious need for a three gap DT.  I believe the Bills made an error in Judgement by not giving up a 2nd for Anthony McFarland.  He is the three gap player needed in this type of system.  Since we blew that one, the Bills must pursue this type of player in next years draft.

LB - Area of potential weakness with Fletcher geting older and Spikes not the player he once was.  Buffalo needs to get depth and get younger here.  I kike Ellison and Crowell, Haggins and Stamer, this is 3rd & 4th round type of players in the draft.

Sec - Great picks with Whitner, Simpson and Youboty.  Need to see more of him in Clements spot.  I am of the belief that the Bills take the hit and pay Clements to keep the positive steps going in the defensive backfield.

So, assuming we make no other moves then I would make as many free agent moves that I can to add veterans to key and critical spots.  Draft the best available player at positions of need and move into year two of the rebuilding program.

New England is on the way down, the Dolphins are a mess and the Jets are definatly on the rise.

815340[/snapback]

While it's obvious that the Bills are re-building, it's still a tough sell. It's easy to be patient when a team has been dismantled after a successful few seasons. But when the team hasn't been successful in years and it's the 3rd or 4th re-building process in that span, it's tough to be patient. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this current roster, but it's getting harder and harder to justify my season tickets.

While it's obvious that the Bills are re-building, it's still a tough sell.  It's easy to be patient when a team has been dismantled after a successful few seasons.  But when the team hasn't been successful in years and it's the 3rd or 4th re-building process in that span, it's tough to be patient.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this current roster, but it's getting harder and harder to justify my season tickets.

815344[/snapback]

It may be tough to do, but you have to be patient because there is nothing else you can do. You can't blame Marv and jauron for the last 5 years (even Ralph is apoligising for those years admiting TD was a mistake, and TD made Ralph alot of money) Its a new regime, new scheme, new team, new attitudes and it will take time to turn them around. This team was in a mess similar to what TD had to start with, hopefully in the time TD had, Marv is able to make the team a contender. But its not going to happen overnight. Sit back, watch them lose, look for some bright spots, and in a couple years if the team is still in the same mess, get your pitchforks ready and run them all out of town.

It may be tough to do, but you have to be patient because there is nothing else you can do. You can't blame Marv and jauron for the last 5 years (even Ralph is apoligising for those years admiting TD was a mistake, and TD made Ralph alot of money) Its a new regime, new scheme, new team, new attitudes and it will take time to turn them around. This team was in a mess similar to what TD had to start with, hopefully in the time TD had, Marv is able to make the team a contender. But its not going to happen overnight. Sit back, watch them lose, look for some bright spots, and in a couple years if the team is still in the same mess, get your pitchforks ready and run them all out of town.

815365[/snapback]

Pitchfork ready. By the time this team is good, Dicky J will be out of town, Marv will be owner and RW in the ground.

815340[/snapback]

I liked all the stuff you said until I came here......NE is not on its way down....

They have a great DL that will be there for a loooong time......They have

"system" players.....They don't believe in super-stars.....

The Jets are the surprise team...but we shouldn't be surprised...They rebuilt

their OL through the draft and FA and they have done well...They have given

Pennington to make throws that count.....

The dolphins are overrated and don't have young talent other than Ronnie Brown.

815365[/snapback]

I'm not saying I'm not patient, just saying it's a tough sell. And the reason for a lot of criticism and negativity on this board. I understand what's going on and fully expected a less than stellar year this year. It is frustrating, but they new regime needs time.

I liked all the stuff you said until I came here......NE is not on its way down....

They have a great DL that will be there for a loooong time......They have

"system" players.....They don't believe in super-stars.....

The Jets are the surprise team...but we shouldn't be surprised...They rebuilt

their OL through the draft and FA and they have done well...They have given

Pennington to make throws that count.....

The dolphins are overrated and don't have young talent other than Ronnie Brown.

815369[/snapback]

I agree, the Pats have a good young RB, Brady is still young, the D-Line is young, the line backers may be older but they are still productive. NE may not be the team they were 3 or 4 years ago, but they are still damn good.

The Jets haven't really beaten a good team, I will give them credit for playing Indy tough though. They are pretty much in the same position of re-building as the Bills and should be getting better.

Miami sucks....

ricojes - Wasn't taking a shot at what you said, just commenting on the fact that not many want to be patient anymore because they feel they have waited long enough. It is true, they have,but thats not how it works in sports.

As for teh commetn about the rest of the AFC, Yes NE is on its way down, the problem is, they were so high that them coming down will still keep them as one of the better teams. They are not as good as they were a couple years ago, but they are still a good team and will be for a while. The Jets are rebuilding and it seems like they have clicked a little bit quicker then the Bills making their rebuilding process look a bit better. The only difference is probably the experience of the QB, a decent experienced QB will speed up the process quicker when complete re-building from the ground up then trying to develop a young QB and re-build. As for the Dolphins, they are just a mess. SB contendors with MM and Bennie? Why was it only Bills fans knew this was not going to happen?

Good Morning to all,

I like many of you am feeling the frustation of yet another losing season.  I would be happier if we were on the winning side of the ledger but accept that growth does take time.

Looking at the schedule I believe we will end up at 6-10 and that will put us about 10th in next years draft.  Let's look at where we are at now.

QB - I believe that JP will become a better then average QB in this league.  The remaining 9 games this year are for development into the next level.  With an offensive line in front of him, I do believe he will put up about 3200 yards, 23 TD's, 10 Int type of seasons in the future with about a 62% completion rate.  If this is what he develops into does anybody feel this was a wasted draft choice?

WR - Evans will be a superstar and Pro Bowl player in the future, TE looks set with Robert Royal, Reed & Parrish look like they will be valuable players.  Another complimentary WR as the #2 is needed as Price/Davis/Aikin are not true viable threats and this area should be looked at in the draft.

OL - This is where the Bills need to invest.  RT Peters is a work in progress and may be well above average.  Reyes is solid and will be an asset, I have no issues with Melvin Fowler at C, but the entire left side needs a serious upgrade.  With cap monies the Bills must invest in a LG/LT, maybe only a LT as Gandy may be a viable consideration at LG.  I do have hopes that Pennington will develop as he has the size and footwork to develop into a serviceable LT.  If no player is worthy in free agency, then use the draft to address the left side of the offensive line.

DL - Ends are solid, not spectacular, the DT combination has shown little to date and  there is an obvious need for a three gap DT.  I believe the Bills made an error in Judgement by not giving up a 2nd for Anthony McFarland.  He is the three gap player needed in this type of system.  Since we blew that one, the Bills must pursue this type of player in next years draft.

LB - Area of potential weakness with Fletcher geting older and Spikes not the player he once was.  Buffalo needs to get depth and get younger here.  I kike Ellison and Crowell, Haggins and Stamer, this is 3rd & 4th round type of players in the draft.

Sec - Great picks with Whitner, Simpson and Youboty.  Need to see more of him in Clements spot.  I am of the belief that the Bills take the hit and pay Clements to keep the positive steps going in the defensive backfield.

So, assuming we make no other moves then I would make as many free agent moves that I can to add veterans to key and critical spots.  Draft the best available player at positions of need and move into year two of the rebuilding program.

815340[/snapback]

One correction, Reyes is not solid and in fact he's being benched. The offensive line is a disaster, hopefully Peters can adjust to left tackle leaving us with Gandy who is worthless, Folwer, and aging Villarial and Pennington is a 7th round draft pick at right tackle. Being a 7th round pick doesn't automatically mean that he will be a failure but by being drafted so late it does mean he's a bit of a long shot.

And then we need to address the defensive line, our tackles are a joke to go along with average defensive ends. Add to that the fact that it appears we will need help at both cornerback positions next year (assuming Clements to be gone and McGee to not improve his game). Maybe Youboty can step up and fill one of the CB roles next season.

We are still a long way away from turning this around, we have two many holes to fill.

PS: What happened to Everett? Just another bust of a draft pick by Donahoe?

Good Morning to all,

fair enough, although my fingers have been reduced to bloody stumps as i have been tapping them on my desk since the late 1990's. 

815340[/snapback]

Have Patience? The Bills have been rebuilding for a decade, I think we've been plenty patient.

815594[/snapback]

Yes, but this team isn't going to get better overnight, and right now there is a new coaching regime and GM so it will take a little time for them to fix everything of the previous regime. There are alot of other teams in the league that are successful now or have been successful recently that have waited longer then 10 years to become good. Like Cincinati, Tampa Bay, NE hasn't always been a dominant team, Same with Indy. If you can't take the waiting, go jump on the bandwagon of a successful team, and make sure you bring along your hot pockets

ricojes - Wasn't taking a shot at what you said, just commenting on the fact that not many want to be patient anymore because they feel they have waited long enough. It is true, they have,but thats not how it works in sports.

815486[/snapback]

I know you weren't taking a shot, and I am not disagreeing with what you are saying. All I am saying is the re-building process is wearing on me. I am a patient person and am willing to give this regime time to build its team, but sitting in the rain watching that crap really p!$$ed me off. Especially with a stadium 1/4 full of Patsy band Wagoner's!!!

815340[/snapback]

JP has a 62% comp % sure enough. but, he's got 6 TDs ad 6 picks and I hate to guess how many fumbles. The rest is pure conjecture on your part. I hope you're right.

I tire of hearing that we just need to be patient. New Orleans got a new coach, QB, and RB and were able to turn it around in one season. The Bears did a similar thing when Lovie came to town. When Vermiel got to St Lous they went from bad to good very quickly. The Resdkins went from real bad under Spurier to playoffs in 2 years after Joe Gibbs came to town. Why cant't he Bills do something like that? Why shouldn't we as fans expect that?

In the age of Free Agency i don't think you have years and years to rebuild. You have to re shuffle at the end of every year and even if you get somebody real good, chances are good you won't be able to hold onto them. Think Drew Brees, Edge James, Randy moss, Peerless price etc. If J-Lo turns it totally around and becomes as good as Johny Unitas, he'll be a FA in a few years. He'll either be gone or demand more money than there is Western NY. IMHO

I tire of hearing that we just need to be patient.  New Orleans got a new coach, QB, and RB and were able to turn it around in one season.  The Bears did a similar thing when Lovie came to town.  When Vermiel got to St Lous they went from bad to good very quickly.  The Resdkins went from real bad under Spurier to playoffs in 2 years after Joe Gibbs came to town.  Why cant't he Bills do something like that?  Why shouldn't we as fans expect that? 

815819[/snapback]

Lovie Smith was 5-11 in his first season....Joe Gibbs was 8-8 in his first season before taking the team to the playoffs in his 3rd season....Vermeil took a few years

to create a playoff team.....This coaching staff has had 7 games to fix the problem.....I think they deserve at least the same time asthe set of staff that you have mentioned before thinking if they succeeded or failed......

And before you jump JP has it or not.....look at with what Lovie Smith and Gibbs have started......Smith started with Grossman, saw him get hurt, then replaced him with a 7th round pick, played good defense/ST to get by and got back his

stumbling QB who people in Chicago wanted to get rid of this preseason with his play......Lovie smith was patient withGrossman and now they are getting the fruits of their patience.......

It looks like Jauron and his staff are TRULY behind Losman and are planning to be patient with him and his mistakes as long as Losman learns from them.....

JP has a 62% comp % sure enough.  but, he's got 6 TDs ad 6 picks and I hate to guess how many fumbles.  The rest is pure conjecture on your part.  I hope you're right.

I tire of hearing that we just need to be patient.  New Orleans got a new coach, QB, and RB and were able to turn it around in one season.  The Bears did a similar thing when Lovie came to town.  When Vermiel got to St Lous they went from bad to good very quickly.  The Resdkins went from real bad under Spurier to playoffs in 2 years after Joe Gibbs came to town.  Why cant't he Bills do something like that?  Why shouldn't we as fans expect that? 

In the age of Free Agency i don't think you have years and years to rebuild.  You have to re shuffle at the end of every year and even if you get somebody real good, chances are good you won't be able to hold onto them.  Think Drew Brees, Edge James, Randy moss, Peerless price etc.  If J-Lo turns it totally around and becomes as good as Johny Unitas, he'll be a FA in a few years.  He'll either be gone or demand more money than there is Western NY.  IMHO

815819[/snapback]

Your right, some teams turn it around quicker then other do, some also have things already in place to speed up the rebuilding process. Years of being bad and not being competitive also help a team because they are constantly getting to pick early in the draft.

The problem is building a team that will be competitive for years to come. Some teams are good for one year and then can't play up to that level again. A team like the Redskins, they are up and down because they are constantly reshuffling their coaches and players due to salary cap and what they think they need. All the other teams you mentioned have improved but the question is for how long? From teh moves Marv has been making this offseason, he is going for a team that will be competitive for a while, like the Patriots, Indy, etc. Building with young players and not just guys that will make you win this year. That takes more patience and work with greater risks of having some setbacks, but the rewards are much greater. TD seemed to want to do the opposite, build a winner now and screw the future. I think Bills fans would be much happier having to go through a couple more years of mediocre football to become a franchise like NE or Indy then a team that will be good one year, mediocre the next.

Good Morning to all,

815340[/snapback]

Your evaluation is not as bad as some I have seen on here. I would downgrade your DE judgment from SOLID to WEAK..thats more realistic.

Your e v a l of JP is wishful thinking...and has about 10% chance of coming true.

McGahee is fine as a feature back i agree---and Evans is a vgood talent. The safeties will be our strong point...and I agree that LB could be a disaster. The O-line has 1 or 2 good pieces MAYBE.

We need a miracle--lets face it. Good luck Marv.

Have Patience? The Bills have been rebuilding for a decade, I think we've been plenty patient.

815594[/snapback]

Well what are you going to do? Have a cry?

Suck it in, face the reality & move forward.