Back In Town, A Few Quick Thoughts About

1) I want to thank all of you at 1/5 once again for being so kind to our foursome. It is literally great to see you guys and gals. I sit here looking forward to our next trip. If any of you want to learn about football, have a 4 way conversation with Badolbilz, Lori, and R.Rich, and see if you don't walk away smarter. :doh::lol: Unreal!

2) I saw Aiken pull up injured. This is going to make our coverage teams ordinary. The guy is great, and this injury WILL haunt us. :lol:

3) The 21 yard catch by Royal was in the top 20 or so that I have ever seen. Just thought I would mention this for no particular reason.

4) Those of you who think that the DEs are the problem are simply wrong. Schobel played very well, and on one play he was no less than 18 yards upfield on pass coverage. Maybe it's me, but I think doing that is beyond stupid, and I am starting to turn my back on Fewell, who I once strongly praised.

5) Merz? He played as well as any starter on the Bills OL. It was a shame that he was next to Gandy, who is probably the worst staring LT in football. CV had a lot to say after the game. From where I sit, he needs to shut the !@#$ up. Why? Because he out and out sucks.

6) Whittner? He is good. Simpson? He will be good. Problem? It will not matter. Marv has set this team back with this stupid draft as bad as did Mr. Butler when he took Eric Flowers and the rest of that dismal draft class. The Bills get slaughtered up front week after week, and that is the beginning and the end of the sad story of our team.

7) To those who don't blame JP: I agree. To those who think that JP is not the answer: You are probably right. :lol: He is not "developing." He is running for his life on virtually every passing down. Even if the Bills start to rebuild the OL in 07, it will take time. In all probability, by then, JP will either be crippled, or run out of town by fans and idiotic local sportscasters who think (or preach) that everything is all about the QB.

8) I am going to attack a "sacred cow." Marv Levy has no place in professional football. By the time his coaching career was over, he was reduced to acting out as a screaming, cursing, incoherent embarassment on the sidelines. Now, he is calling the shots, along with his butt boy Jauron. No team in football would give Levy a job. How can I say this? Because he was trying to get back in since he left. Butt Boy Jauron DOES know football, but he too was lucky to get a HC job. Who was going to hire him? So, he appeased Marv, and together they drafted their defensive backs, ignored the OL, and Bills Fans are wondering what happened? There is really no mystery. Sorry, Marv should be canned after the season.

9) Bills Fans braved the weather, and in the wake of a disaster (I saw remnants of the storm) sold out RWS to support our football team. We are the best fans of any team in any sport, bar none. Bills Fans deserve more than the idiocy that has been perpetuated upon them.

10 Go WNY!!!GO Bills Fans!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I want to thank all of you at 1/5 once again for being so kind to our foursome. It is literally great to see you guys and gals. I sit here looking forward to our next trip. If any of you want to learn about football, have a 4 way conversation with Badolbilz, Lori, and R.Rich, and see if you don't walk away smarter.  <_<  ;)  Unreal!

2) I saw Aiken pull up injured. This is going to make our coverage teams ordinary. The guy is great, and this injury WILL haunt us.  :(

3) The 21 yard catch by Royal was in the top 20 or so that I have ever seen. Just thought I would mention this for no particular reason.

4) Those of you who think that the DEs are the problem are simply wrong. Schobel played very well, and on one play he was no less than 18 yards upfield on pass coverage. Maybe it's me, but I think doing that is beyond stupid, and I am starting to turn my back on Fewell, who I once strongly praised.

5) Merz? He played as well as any starter on the Bills OL. It was a shame that he was next to Gandy, who is probably the worst staring LT in football. CV had a lot to say after the game. From where I sit, he needs to shut the !@#$ up. Why? Because he out and out sucks.

6) Whittner? He is good. Simpson? He will be good. Problem? It will not matter. Marv has set this team back with this stupid draft as bad as did Mr. Butler when he took Eric Flowers and the rest of that dismal draft class. The Bills get slaughtered up front week after week, and that is the beginning and the end of the sad story of our team.

7) To those who don't blame JP: I agree. To those who think that JP is not the answer: You are probably right.  :(  He is not "developing." He is running for his life on virtually every passing down. Even if the Bills start to rebuild the OL in 07, it will take time. In all probability, by then, JP will either be crippled, or run out of town by fans and idiotic local sportscasters who think (or preach) that everything is all about the QB.

8) I am going to attack a "sacred cow." Marv Levy has no place in professional football. By the time his coaching career was over, he was reduced to acting out as a screaming, cursing, incoherent embarassment on the sidelines. Now, he is calling the shots, along with his butt boy Jauron. No team in football would give Levy a job. How can I say this? Because he was trying to get back in since he left. Butt Boy Jauron DOES know football, but he too was lucky to get a HC job. Who was going to hire him? So, he appeased Marv, and together they drafted their defensive backs, ignored the OL, and Bills Fans are wondering what happened? There is really no mystery. Sorry, Marv should be canned after the season.

9) Bills Fans braved the weather, and in the wake of a disaster (I saw remnants of the storm) sold out RWS to support our football team. We are the best fans of any team in any sport, bar none. Bills Fans deserve more than the idiocy that has been perpetuated upon them.

10 Go WNY!!!GO Bills Fans!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

814443[/snapback]

Stop the madness about Schobel....he doesnt put pressure on anyone except our d line coach.

How can you say our DE's aren't a problem when they are consistantly smoked against the run, and for some unknown reason only get pressure against NE? That horrendous penalty by Kelsay was literally one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen (given the situation) and he shouldn't have seen the field for the rest of the game.

What O-linemen should Marv have drafted at our positions? Seriously, I hear everyone on here talking about how Marv neglected the o-line in the draft (he tried to address it in FA) but I want to see some NAMES of people who you think he should have taken.

I agree that our lines suck, and we are going to suck until we get better in the trenches. I'm willing to give Marv the benefit of the doubt for more than 7 games into a season. I want to see some serious work at addressing the trenches this offseason and then I'll start drawing conclusions.

What concerns me most is the continued lack of heart, lack of balls, and lack of accountability that this team has exhibited for years.

RTB

How can you say our DE's aren't a problem when they are consistantly smoked against the run, and for some unknown reason only get pressure against NE? That horrendous penalty by Kelsay was literally one of the stupidest plays I've ever seen (given the situation) and he shouldn't have seen the field for the rest of the game.

What O-linemen should Marv have drafted at our positions? Seriously, I hear everyone on here talking about how Marv neglected the o-line in the draft (he tried to address it in FA) but I want to see some NAMES of people who you think he should have taken.

I agree that our lines suck, and we are going to suck until we get better in the trenches. I'm willing to give Marv the benefit of the doubt for more than 7 games into a season. I want to see some serious work at addressing the trenches this offseason and then I'll start drawing conclusions.

What concerns me most is the continued lack of heart, lack of balls, and lack of accountability that this team has exhibited for years.

RTB

814683[/snapback]

Very well said RTB.

Marv's been trying to get back into the NFL as a COACH. And a good percentage of the "greatest fans" sold their tix to Pats fans, probably for a profit. That's pathetic for those who did that, while I salute those who actually showed up.

As for the draft, I had no problem with who they took. You could hindsight and say "they could have drafted Mangold or Marcus McNeill," but they signed Fowler and McNeill was a surprise.

How can you say our DE's aren't a problem when they are consistantly smoked against the run, and for some unknown reason only get pressure against NE?

814683[/snapback]

Maybe it's just me, but it sounded like sarcasm.

Nick Mangold (better than Villarial, starting for 4-3 Jets)

Winston Justice (better than Gandy)

Deuce Lutui (better than Villarial)

Marcus McNeill (starting at LT for SD, better than Gandy)

814683[/snapback]

RTB

814683[/snapback]

How do you think this draft (2006) would have worked out for the Bills? You DO realize that this team picked 23rd, right? Well, were at the 8 slot, focused on defensive backs, and gave away a pick to boot in this sad, ugly spectacle which was the Marv Levy draft.. ;) We could have taken these players and much more, but we refused trade down offers for more picks because we simply HAD to take a defensive back first come hell, or high water.

As for the DEs, how many were noted for their run stopping ability? Bruce could do it but it was surely not his forte. Guys like Haley, Dent, and Deacon Jones were known for their pass rush. They also had big, good tackles to stack up against the run.

So, while I agree that our DEs are not as good as the above and Reggie White, it seems to me that they are the very least of our worries at this point. At least they bring something to the table.

The play by Kelsay WAS stupid, but he is providing pressure this season. Schobel is a very good pass rusher every season. If he was a UFA, he would have offers galore for HUGE dollars.

I am not going to blame the DEs for the failure of poor players such as Tim Anderson, nor for blown coverages by rookie safeties in a seemingly silly defensive system.

How do you think this draft (2006) would have worked out for the Bills? You DO realize that this team picked 23rd, right? Well, were at the 8 slot, focused on defensive backs, and gave away a pick to boot in this sad, ugly spectacle which was the Marv Levy draft..  ;)  We could have taken these players and much more, but we refused trade down offers for more picks because we simply HAD to take a defensive back first come hell, or high water.

As for the DEs, how many were noted for their run stopping ability? Bruce could do it but it was surely not his forte. Guys like Haley, Dent, and Deacon Jones were known for their pass rush. They also had big, good tackles to stack up against the run.

So, while I agree that our DEs are not as good as the above and Reggie White, it seems to me that they are the very least of our worries at this point. At least they bring something to the table.

The play by Kelsay WAS stupid, but he is providing pressure this season. Schobel is a very good pass rusher every season. If he was a UFA, he would have offers galore for HUGE dollars.

I am not going to blame the DEs for the failure of poor players such as Tim Anderson, nor for blown coverages by rookie safeties in a seemingly silly defensive system.

815206[/snapback]

agree with most of what you say here, except for the fact that bruce was a premier run stopper in the mid-90s. he really excelled at it in those years.

1) I want to thank all of you at 1/5 once again for being so kind to our foursome. It is literally great to see you guys and gals. I sit here looking forward to our next trip. If any of you want to learn about football, have a 4 way conversation with Badolbilz, Lori, and R.Rich, and see if you don't walk away smarter.  :lol:  :lol:  Unreal!

814443[/snapback]

Yeah, like I know something.

It was great to catch up w/ you and your crew, plus KTFABD on Saturday. I had a good time drinking (iced tea) and shooting the breeze w/ fellow Bills fans. We must do that again some time.

Are you enjoying the music?