Our offensive line

bbills17

Everyone always complains about our offensive line. It's always, 'we need to start there', 'they suck', blah blah! Our offensive line played very well yesterday! JP had plenty of time to get the ball out a number of times, he just didn't get it done. The OL was also opening running holes for WM all day. In contrast, watching the NE OL made me realize they played WORSE than ours did. We had consistent pressure, but the big difference is that Tom Brady really seems to have eyes in the back of his head and knows when to step up in the pocket, get rid of the ball, scramble outside, etc. JP has no clue what to do in the pocket, it's almost like he'll guess and 50% of the time he'll run right into someone.

Everyone will blame the lines again as per normal, but both sides of the ball played very well yesterday. The main difference I saw was Tom Brady vs. JP and how they handled the rush. A lot of it seems to be how relaxed Brady is, while JP looks like a chicken jumping all over the place.

Everyone in my section (220), was catcalling and making fun of JP all day, it really seems like he has no support at all. After his last fumble everyone was calling for his head.

Everyone will blame the lines again as per normal, but both sides of the ball played very well yesterday. 

814179[/snapback]

When your DL gave up two rushing TDs (9 and 12 yards) and a 5 yard passing

TD, how can you say they played very well.....

A DL is good, if they force turnovers or convert red-zone drives to FGs....Our

DL did neither of that. They got sacks, mainly because Pats have horrible WRs

and Tom Brady hung on to the ball for too long.

Our OL allowed the best RB to rush for 59 yards......How do you consider that

the OL played well....

Again, your post is all directed at JP....I have no problem with JP taking blame

for some of the things that were done yesterday....But let us be realistic, until

the lines are fixed we are not going anywhere....

DL did neither of that.  They got sacks, mainly because Pats have horrible WRs

the OL played well....

Again, your post is all directed at JP....I have no problem with JP taking blame

for some of the things that were done yesterday....But let us be realistic, until

814252[/snapback]

I think when someone starts a thread like this, and all the holes in the argument are quickly and methodically corrected by someone like Ganesh, the person who started the thread should use their moderator options and delete the thread.

Everyone always complains about our offensive line.  It's always, 'we need to start there', 'they suck', blah blah!  Our offensive line played very well yesterday!  JP had plenty of time to get the ball out a number of times, he just didn't get it done.  The OL was also opening running holes for WM all day.  In contrast, watching the NE OL made me realize they played WORSE than ours did.  We had consistent pressure, but the big difference is that Tom Brady really seems to have eyes in the back of his head and knows when to step up in the pocket, get rid of the ball, scramble outside, etc.  JP has no clue what to do in the pocket, it's almost like he'll guess and 50% of the time he'll run right into someone.

Everyone will blame the lines again as per normal, but both sides of the ball played very well yesterday.  The main difference I saw was Tom Brady vs. JP and how they handled the rush.  A lot of it seems to be how relaxed Brady is, while JP looks like a chicken jumping all over the place.

Everyone in my section (220), was catcalling and making fun of JP all day, it really seems like he has no support at all.  After his last fumble everyone was calling for his head.

814179[/snapback]

The offensive line did not play well. We gave JP not a lot of time to throw and Willis had a good game getting what he could. This line is not going to get the job done. Next year this is our number one priority to get fixed. It starts with left tackle and then work your way across the line. Peters at right tackle is good but I would leave him there.

DL did neither of that.  They got sacks, mainly because Pats have horrible WRs

the OL played well....

814252[/snapback]

It pains me to admit it :doh: , but flea was absolutely right about the play of the D-line yesterday. I won't get into the O-line side of the argument, although they played ok.

You referenced a couple short running plays that succeeded, and a short TD pass. How does that say that the D-line didn't play well? It doesn't.

Kelsay, penalty aside , had his best game as a bill stuffing the run and generating pass rush, as did AS on the other side. They were pretty stout vs. the run all day on the inside too. It's too bad the LB's and Db's all pretty much had sub-par games

So true.

814321[/snapback]

Willis also made more than a few bad runs, a couple of times he had holes to cut back to and kept trying to round the corner only to get caught. I think he played OK, but if you don't think there were any holes created by our Offensive line, you need to watch the game again. If a RB makes a bad decision or is slow to the outside, there isn't going to be a hole. We had good push vs. their D-line all day.

Every single football game played in the NFL yesterday had a run of 5 and 15 yards and a dump-off pass, please you can do better than that! They played very well actually. There were at least 7 or 8 plays where everyone in my section stood up and was ready to celebrate Tom Brady being sacked where he would just step up/sideways, lose the rusher, and buy 3-4 more seconds to get the pass off. JP didn't do that all day, because he has no idea how. He starts scrambling all over the place, all the while taking himself totally out of balance to be able to throw or continue to read the field. He just does not feel the pressure or know what to do when it's coming.

Find me an O-line in the NFL where the QB is hardly ever hurried, pressured or sacked?!? They all are, it'a just some QB's are superb at feeling the pressure and knowing instantly where his receivers are. The Bills O-line isn't very good, I'll give you that.....but there are worse. The QB must be able to make plays back there. JP isn't and on top of it he's turning into a turnover machine. I hate when people blame our O-line for all is errors or poor play.