Bomb threats on 7 NFL stadiums?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061018/ap_on_...ootball_threats

Government doubts threat on NFL stadiums

By LARA JAKES JORDAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - A Web site is claiming that seven NFL football stadiums will be hit with radiological dirty bombs this weekend, but the government on Wednesday expressed doubts about the threat.

The warning, posted Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing Internet conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, where games are scheduled for this weekend.

The Homeland Security Department alerted authorities and stadium owners in those cities, as well as the NFL, of the Web message but said the threat was being viewed "with strong skepticism." Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said there was no intelligence that indicated such an attack was imminent, and that the alert was "out of an abundance of caution."

"The department strongly encourages the public to continue to go about their plans, including attending events that involve large public gatherings such as football games," Knocke said.

The FBI also expressed doubt about the threat.

The nation's alert level remains at yellow, signaling an elevated risk of an attack. The threat level for airline flights is at orange, a higher level, where it has been since a foiled plot to bomb U.S.-bound commercial jets was revealed on Aug. 10.

They didn't mention what type of websites that this was talking about.

I did a quick search for that thread title, and it came back with two websites which were both down: the!@#$society.com and thefriendsociety.com It seems as thought he domain names point to the same thing.

This is a forum which includes threads on the following:

Stretchy vagina debate

PEYOTE

The Media

MLB Playoffs

quicktime download

How do i format my computer

The thread is about the following news story:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006/paul-williams091606.htm

Unfortunately, google's cache doesn't seem to have page 2 or 3 of the thread in it. The first page mentions nothing about an attack on the US.

*EDIT*: I finally was able to get through at least partly to the forum.

Posted by a guy named Jayness, with a penis as his avatar, it has this threat. I'm going to avoid repeating the threat here, as I don't think its a good idea.

People were wondering if he was joking and was asking for a source, and he responds with you already know too much.

Seems to me just to be some idiot !@#$ing around on an internet messageboard.

The media is attempting to make this into a threat, when its nothing more then a guy joking around on the internet.

Its a good way to sell a story though, and get people to click on the link.

See? This is where it pays to be a small market team. Even the terrorists couldn't give two shizits about us.

809226[/snapback]

You shouldn't be so smug and flippant ........... there is only ONE NFL stadium in New York that I know of ........... :doh:

You shouldn't be so smug and flippant ........... there is only ONE NFL stadium in New York that I know of ...........  :unsure:

809313[/snapback]

This is part of my email to ABC News about a graphic they showed in tonights story....

"In the story about the threats for NFL stadiums this week, the graphic with the stadiums highlighted said New York, but was over New Jersey. The only NFL stadium in New York is in Buffalo."

I'll post any reply they send me.