Joe Gibbs...

To be honest, I see a few similarities between the Redskins and Bills. Both Dan Snyder and Tom Donahoe see this game as a business which demands to be profitable. Snyder went one direction, bringing in Spurrier and poaching the Jets' most prolific players (Coles, Hall, Morton)...tickets were sold and stadiums were filled and good buzz was everywhere.

And then they sucked.

So when that experiment failed, he went retro. Bring back the Apple Dumpling Gang. The glory days. The Super Bowl Staff. Result? Tickets were sold, stadiums were filled and good buzz was everywhere.

And then they sucked.

It's different in Buffalo because it's not as pronounced, but once TD was in and GW came in and we made the trade for Bledsoe, tickets were sold, stadiums were filled...et. al. And we sucked. Now add Fletcher, and Spikes and Big Sam. Tickets sold, stadiums filled. And we sucked. So we get new coaches, draft some cool people, talk about getting back to power running...tickets sell, stadiums fill...

That, to me, is one of the reasons we'll keep seeing Bledsoe stay as quarterback and all this talk of fiddlefuggin' around with Matthews is crazy. Because it may work for a moment, but not the long term, with the long term defined as "the rest of the season."

Once we're out of the playoffs and there's no reason to go to the game...THEN you'll see Losman, Evans, McGahee. And you know what'll happen?

Tickets sold, stadium filled....

If body language is any indication, you could not find a more fitting example than the sideline shots of Gibbs befuddled at the end of the first half of the Dallas game. He definitely had a "W" moment.

To be honest, I see a few similarities between the Redskins and Bills. Both Dan Snyder and Tom Donahoe see this game as a business which demands to be profitable. Snyder went one direction, bringing in Spurrier and poaching the Jets' most prolific players (Coles, Hall, Morton)...tickets were sold and stadiums were filled and good buzz was everywhere.

And then they sucked.

So when that experiment failed, he went retro. Bring back the Apple Dumpling Gang. The glory days. The Super Bowl Staff. Result? Tickets were sold, stadiums were filled and good buzz was everywhere.

And then they sucked.

It's different in Buffalo because it's not as pronounced, but once TD was in and GW came in and we made the trade for Bledsoe, tickets were sold, stadiums were filled...et. al. And we sucked. Now add Fletcher, and Spikes and Big Sam. Tickets sold, stadiums filled. And we sucked. So we get new coaches, draft some cool people, talk about getting back to power running...tickets sell, stadiums fill...

That, to me, is one of the reasons we'll keep seeing Bledsoe stay as quarterback and all this talk of fiddlefuggin' around with Matthews is crazy. Because it may work for a moment, but not the long term, with the long term defined as "the rest of the season."

Once we're out of the playoffs and there's no reason to go to the game...THEN you'll see Losman, Evans, McGahee. And you know what'll happen?

58098[/snapback]

...and we suck? :lol: I hope there's an end to this tragedy.

To be honest, I see a few similarities between the Redskins and Bills.

58098[/snapback]

The Redskins have sold out their games for years, regardless of record. There's a waiting list for season ticket holders that extends years out.

So other than the need to sell tickets, you make some pretty interesting points.

You already get paid for doing nothing - oil checks. Turn them back lest you stand accused of being hypocritical.  Yes?  :lol:

58115[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll return my portion of my the mineral rights that I OWN because I'm a citizen and resident of the state as soon as all the liberals give back their tax cuts AND pay off a portion of the national debt as well with even more of THEIR money. :lol:

Yeah, and all the while, Bobby Labonte is mired back in 14th place in the NNC point standings and is trying like hell to aviod going winless for the first time since he joined JGR in 1995. The good news for Bobby is that Atlanta is on the horizon. The bad news for Bobby is that his team is sucking stojan. This is no way for a former champ with the best sponsor in all of stock car racing to be treated. Joe Gibbs is a moron, J.D. is an idiot and it's all because of the old man's ego trip. He was part owner of the falcons, couldn't he just leave it at that?

AND GIBBS IS ADDING A THIRD RIDE THIS YEAR?????????????

WITH FedEx as sponsor and JASON LEFFLER AS PILOT??????????

Has Joe Gibbs lost it????????????????????

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected a little bit of rust, but I didn't anticipate anything that looked quite like this.

That being said, I think he's just too good not to get it together sooner rather than later.

Give 'em hell Joe!

Gibbs has won a Super Bowl. For any fan of the Bills to start running down any coach that won a Super Bowl is laughable. With all the hot shot talent the Bills and their wonderful coach Levy had they were unable to win in four friggen shots. I have no idea what is going on with the Redskins and Gibbs but everyone here who laughs at this guy should look at our own sorry coaching history.

Gibbs has won a Super Bowl. For any fan of the Bills to start running down any coach that won a Super Bowl is laughable. With all the hot shot talent the Bills and their wonderful coach Levy had they were unable to win in four friggen shots.  I have no idea what is going on with the Redskins and Gibbs but everyone here who laughs at this guy should look at our own sorry coaching history.

58275[/snapback]

You bring so very much to the table.

You bring so very much to the table.

58304[/snapback]

You dont have to bring much to beat the Bills or thier history. Check the scorecard

Gibbs this season 1-3

Mullarkey 0-3

Gibbs One Super Bowl victory

Every Bills coach in franchise history. 0

Agreed not much on the table but more than enough.

Personally, I hope he keeps it up. Watching Lori step on his head the other night was a real treat;-)

58323[/snapback]

How in the hell did she step on my head? By bringing up every loser coach in Bills franchise history? Bad hiring after bad hiring?? Please. All she did was support my argument.

And then they sucked.

And then they sucked.

58098[/snapback]

Well said!

How in the hell did she step on my head? By bringing up every loser coach in Bills franchise history? Bad hiring after bad hiring??  Please. All she did was support my argument.

58447[/snapback]

The best way to get out of a hole is to put down the shovel.

You dont have to bring much to beat the Bills or thier history. Check the scorecard

Gibbs this season  1-3

Mullarkey  0-3

Gibbs One Super Bowl victory

Every Bills coach in franchise history. 0

Agreed not much on the table but more than enough.

58444[/snapback]

I think Gibbs has three:

One against the Fins

One against the Raiders

One against the Bills

:w00t: