It is called "rebuilding"

todd

Is there anyone here who has forgotten this team is officially rebuilding? Is there anyone here who doesn't realize that the Bills would struggle quite a bit this year? Is there anyone here who thought JP would be a superstar over night? Did anyone actually think that a new scheme on offense and defense would be adapted to in the first five games?

I'm amazed that people won't accept that in a rebuilding year these struggles happen. The Bills lost a game they should have won. Guess what - that's what rebuilding teams do!

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be upset, but when I see people mentioning that the QB should be benched, that Ralph is cheap, that Levy can't build a good team (in one year, no less!), that the coaches suck, etc. it makes my jaw drop. Get real, folks.

Amen. I agree with all that. It's a process...and even though from a FAN perspective we've been going through this for the better part of a decade now, the new regime has had exactly six games. To get all up in arms and throw in the towel after six games is ludicrous.

Is there anyone here who has forgotten this team is officially rebuilding? Is there anyone here who doesn't realize that the Bills would struggle quite a bit this year? Is there anyone here who thought JP would be a superstar over night? Did anyone actually think that a new scheme on offense and defense would be adapted to in the first five games?

I'm amazed that people won't accept that in a rebuilding year these struggles happen. The Bills lost a game they should have won. Guess what - that's what rebuilding teams do!

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be upset, but when I see people mentioning that the QB should be benched, that Ralph is cheap, that Levy can't build a good team (in one year, no less!), that the coaches suck, etc. it makes my jaw drop. Get real, folks.

806723[/snapback]

OK fine--but the rebuilding better focus on our lines...and reeeeeeeeal soon.

We've been rebuilding since the Music City Miracle.  Stop the damn sugarcoating.

806732[/snapback]

Jauron, Levy, and these new players aren't responsible for that. They deserve some time to work their plan.

We've been rebuilding since the Music City Miracle.  Stop the damn sugarcoating.

806732[/snapback]

Stop the damn bitching. I'm not sugarcoating anthing, just suggesting that people live in reality.

The fact is, the new rebuilding started when Donahoe failed and was fired. A new GM means it starts over. Yep, it sucks, but that is reality. If your expectations are a playoff team the first year with a new GM, OC, DC, HC, QB, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, etc. you might want to either alter your expectations or get used to disappointment.

Is there anyone here who has forgotten this team is officially rebuilding?

806723[/snapback]

For some people it was never about rebuilding.

It's about certain individuals making sure people on a messageboard know that they were right, in capital letters, that so-and-so sucked and they knew it all along, or that they know so-and-so will never be good because they played football in HS.

It's not about watching a football team take a few steps forward each week and rooting for them win or lose. It's not about knocking back a few beers with your buddies after digging graves or delivering the mail all week long. It's about making sure everyone around them knows that they were right, and everyone else was wrong, or worse yet, chooses to be a fan just because they have the audacity to root for their home squad, win or lose.

For those people, the beer will never be cold enough. For those people, the wings will never be hot enough. For those people, no win will ever be satisfying.

Well I say !@#$ them.

It's about certain individuals making sure people on a messageboard know that they were right, in capital letters, that so-and-so sucked and they knew it all along, or that they know so-and-so will never be good because they played football in HS. 

It's not about watching a football team take a few steps forward each week and rooting for them win or lose.  It's not about knocking back a few beers with your buddies after digging graves or delivering the mail all week long.  It's about making sure everyone around them knows that they were right, and everyone else was wrong, or worse yet, chooses to be a fan just because they have the audacity to root for their home squad, win or lose.

For those people, the beer will never be cold enough.  For those people, the wings will never be hot enough.  For those people, no win will ever be satisfying. 

Well I say !@#$ them.

806770[/snapback]

AWESOME post!

It's so true, too....you can go back and look at the post histories of some of these folks, and you'll see that the only time they come out of the woodwork is when something goes wrong with this team. You described them perfectly.....couldn't agree more.

It's not about watching a football team take a few steps forward each week and rooting for them win or lose.  It's not about knocking back a few beers with your buddies after digging graves or delivering the mail all week long.  It's about making sure everyone around them knows that they were right, and everyone else was wrong, or worse yet, chooses to be a fan just because they have the audacity to root for their home squad, win or lose.

For those people, the beer will never be cold enough.  For those people, the wings will never be hot enough.  For those people, no win will ever be satisfying. 

Well I say !@#$ them.

806770[/snapback]

Amen you said it dude. I hate to see this team lose but i tune in every week becuase i believe in my team. Go Bills!!!!!!

I guess the other way I look at is what other choice to I have? I love the Bills, and though it hurts that they're not good right now, it's better than turning away from them and living without them.

Besides, what else is sport for then to blindly love and follow something larger than yourself? I mean besides an excuse to drink beer in the morning.

806723[/snapback]

good call not to mention we have 5 rookies getting plenty of playing time, new coaching schemes, they brought in bust coaches with williams and mularky so we had to rebuild our rebuilding twice, our patience has run thing but we now have something to build on

I love watching the Bills every Sunday, it's a ritual with a huge meal accompanied every week. It's just tiring to see every other team in the league experience success over the time that we have been mired in mediocrity or worse. I know that the current situation has very very little to do with the new regime, and I buy into their approach, but at the same time, it gets oppressively disheartening to see this product on the field, year after year. I'm tired of playing for pride by the end of October. I want a late season snowstorm game to mean something, to have something on the line.

I didn't expect the team to have a winning record this year and as long as they were competitive I wouldn't care. What frustrates the hell out of me is that we have one of the worst offensive lines in football and other then Peters (who, at this point is slightly above average) there is not any indication that the line will be better next year, or even the year after that. All that says to me is that we will be rebuilding for many years to come, and probably go ten years from our last playoff appearance before we reach the playoffs again.

For all of the good things that Ralph has done, how can we forget the bad? He ran Polian out of town and what did he do? He built the Panthers and the Colts into winners. He ran Butler and Smith out of town and what did they do? They turned the Chargers into winners. Our last draft appeared to be a step in the right direction, but 10 years is an awfully long time to be rebuilding a franchise, and that is what has created so much frustration for many of us.

Stop the damn bitching. I'm not sugarcoating anthing, just suggesting that people live in reality.

The fact is, the new rebuilding started when Donahoe failed and was fired. A new GM means it starts over. Yep, it sucks, but that is reality. If your expectations are a playoff team the first year with a new GM, OC, DC, HC, QB, offensive scheme, defensive scheme, etc. you might want to either alter your expectations or get used to disappointment.

806748[/snapback]

Who are you talking about.............the Saints? Oh now, that shoots this out of the water.

While we are rebuilding, and I'm OK with it personally, it's ok for other people to have higher expectations than you.

I personally think that Marv's big year is next year. We'll see what happens in the draft, FA period, etc.

I can say that I like this team a hell of a lot better than last years deadbeats though.

But to act like football is brain surgery, and a turnaround can't be done in a year is idiotic. Hell, the Jets even look pretty good. Saints. Vikings. Rams, etc.

There are just as many teams who started over, that turned it around quickly as who look bad.

Crikey! All this pi$$in and moanin'. It could be worse. We could be the Washington Redskins for crying out loud. ;)

Everyone, chill. This situation won't turn itself around over night. It may take two years for all I know. In the interim, do what I do....drink and swear alot.

good call not to mention we have 5 rookies getting plenty of playing time, new coaching schemes, they brought in bust coaches with williams and mularky so we had to rebuild our rebuilding twice, our patience has run thing but we now have something to build on

807038[/snapback]

Who? I only see 3 now that Spikes is back. 4 I assume is Ellison. But who is 5? Don't say Mcargo because jauron even said he got minimal playing time the first 4 weeks, and now is out.

People have a right to be unhappy after 7 years of sucking with no end in sight.  Knowing beforehand that we'd suck doesn't make it better.  That's like Bobby Knight telling women who get raped to sit back and enjoy since it's inevitable.

807929[/snapback]

:P good point!

Who?  I only see 3 now that Spikes is back.  4 I assume is Ellison.  But who is 5?  Don't say Mcargo because jauron even said he got minimal playing time the first 4 weeks, and now is out.

807932[/snapback]

In fact I was going to say that the rookies have been making lesser mistakes than the Veterans...It is the veterans who have made the major blunders in the ball game. In fact Spikes should hold all the Vets responsible for any of the losses.

Even in the Detroit game, Simpson made a great play to make the INT at the goalline to save a definite 3 points and a possible TD.....

We need to fix the lines....Tim Anderson is not getting it done on the D.