Third Downs!

DeLuca1967

Another poor game for JP Losman on third downs.

9 att

4 comp

21 yrds

2 1st downs

1 int

1 sack

Two of his completions were a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 3? An 8 yrd pass on 3 and 10?

The guy crumbles under pressure.

One good thing is the Bills will have a good chance to grab a QB with their Top 5 pick in next years draft. <_<

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 att

4 comp

21 yrds

2 1st downs

1 int

1 sack

Two of his completions were a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 3? An 8 yrd pass on 3 and 10?

One good thing is the Bills will have a good chance to grab a QB with their Top 5 pick in next years draft. <_<

805394[/snapback]

Fix the line before you decide whether the QB is worth a damn.

Also...making sure they have 1st down yardage goes to the WR doesn't it?

Fix the line before you decide whether the QB is worth a damn.

Also...making sure they have 1st down yardage goes to the WR doesn't it?

805402[/snapback]

Losman throws underneath on a regular basis. Look up the numbers. He throws the ball short of the first down marker way more then he does beyond the marker. It's why his 3rd down percentage is high. He throws a four yard completion on 3 and 10.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game. <_<

Losman throws underneath on a regular basis. Look up the numbers. He throws the ball short of the first down marker way more then he does beyond the marker. It's why his 3rd down percentage is high. He throws a four yard completion on 3 and 10.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game.  <_<

805424[/snapback]

On the two instances you cited from today's game, the receiver came up a yard short on their route. You can't blame him for throwing "a four yard completion on 3 and 10" in those cases.

9 att

4 comp

21 yrds

2 1st downs

1 int

1 sack

805394[/snapback]

Losman had a bad game, I'll give you that. But you need to look beyond the numbers. On one of those 2 yard completions on 3rd and 3 Evans was at fault for not getting past the marker. I don't remember the other one I'll have to go check it out.

Losman had a bad game, I'll give you that.  But you need to look beyond the numbers. On one of those 2 yard completions on 3rd and 3 Evans was at fault for not getting past the marker.  I don't remember the other one I'll have to go check it out.

805443[/snapback]

The other one refrenced was a 9 yard out route by Lee Evans on a 3rd and 10 early on in the game.

Once or twice I would say it's the receivers. It happens 5 or 6 times a game.  <_<

805424[/snapback]

Of course he does. There is little pass protection and Kelly Holcomb is wispering in his ear on the sidelines before every series.

Losman had a bad game, I'll give you that.  But you need to look beyond the numbers. On one of those 2 yard completions on 3rd and 3 Evans was at fault for not getting past the marker. I don't remember the other one I'll have to go check it out.

805443[/snapback]

Again. If we were talking one or two times this season you may have a point. It happens way too often to keep beleiving it's the wide receivers fault all the time.

It goes to Losman's inability to check down. If the first option isn't there he dumps it off to the safety valve. He doesn't go option 1 - option 2 - option 3 - dump off. He goes option 1 - dump off or sack. He just doesn't process the information fast enough in his head to get the job done. <_<

Again. If we were talking one or two times this season you may have a point. It happens way too often to keep beleiving it's the wide receivers fault all the time.

It goes to Losman's inability to check down. If the first option isn't there he dumps it off to the safety valve. He doesn't go option 1 - option 2 - option 3 - dump off. He goes option 1 - dump off or sack. He just doesn't process the information fast enough in his head to get the job done. <_<

805480[/snapback]

If the WR is a yard short of the first down when he catches the ball it's almost always his fault for not being aware of the first down marker. If you think it's happening too frequently then blame the WRs, not the QB. I'm not attempting to deflect attention away from Losman's poor outing today but you can't put everything on him.

805480[/snapback]

And again, in this case, the passes you cited were thrown to Lee Evans. Do you really think Evans was the safety valve?

Frankly, you have no way of knowing if Losman is going through a progression or not. How do you know who option 2, 3 and 4 were? How can you even tell who he's looking at? That statement is pure conjecture.

You know I am not going to say anything about Losman, but the crowd around here was blaming it all on Holcomb when he did the same thing last year. Maybe it isn't the Qb , maybe it is. Maybe it's coaching. Or maybe it's the receivers. Just maybe it is the QB's though.

You know I am not going to say anything about Losman, but the crowd around here was blaming it all on Holcomb when he did the same thing last year.  Maybe it isn't the Qb , maybe it is.  Maybe it's coaching.  Or maybe it's the receivers.    Just maybe it is the QB's though.

805513[/snapback]

Mike Gandy should return his paycheck uncashed this week. He looked like one of those guys in the film Invinceable trying out for the Eagles. Put a blue cape on him!

You know I am not going to say anything about Losman, but the crowd around here was blaming it all on Holcomb when he did the same thing last year.  Maybe it isn't the Qb , maybe it is.  Maybe it's coaching.  Or maybe it's the receivers.    Just maybe it is the QB's though.

805513[/snapback]

The difference is that Losman is throwing, for the most part, to the guy who is supposed to be running to the marker.

Holcomb, on the other hand, was checking down to a guy well short of the marker.

Same result, but way different scenarios.

I can live with the decisions JP is making, Holcomb I cannot and thankfully do not have to.

805513[/snapback]

It's not the same thing at all. Holcomb would check down and throw it to a guy 3 yards past the LoS when it was 3rd and 9. Losman is throwing it to the right guy (on the plays I'm speaking about) but the WR (in these instances Evans) hasn't run the proper route. Sure, the end result is the same (a punt) but it's not the same thing.

And again, in this case, the passes you cited were thrown to Lee Evans. Do you really think Evans was the safety valve?

Frankly, you have no way of knowing if Losman is going through a progression or not. How do you know who option 2, 3 and 4 were? How can you even tell who he's looking at? That statement is pure conjecture.

805502[/snapback]

3rd quarter - 3rd and 10. He throws to Royal for eight yards.

It's just not Evans. Throughout the season he has gone short on 3rd down to many receivers.

He does this game after game and it shows no signs of getting better. <_<

The difference is that Losman is throwing,  for the most part,  to the guy who is supposed to be running to the marker.

Holcomb,  on the other hand,  was checking down to a guy well short of the marker.

Same result,  but way different scenarios.

I can live with the decisions JP is making,  Holcomb I cannot and thankfully do not have to.

805521[/snapback]

And you know this how?

I call BS not because of your analysis. I am calling BS because unless you knowwhat's called and who the "hot" receiver is, then your guess is as good as mine. Last time I checked you don't have the helmet radio transmitting to your house.

And you know this how? 

I call BS not because of your analysis.  I am calling BS because unless you knowwhat's called and who the "hot" receiver is, then your guess is as good as mine.  Last time I checked you don't have the helmet radio transmitting to your house.

805555[/snapback]

Good point.

I don't know for sure, therefore you can call BS.

Just having a basic knowledge of football, I'd say I'm more right then you.

Hard to throw a hot route, when there isn't a blitz.

Go watch the tape on Holcomb, a majority weren't hot reads.