Another Point for the Sabres....

taterhill

I cannot believe they pulled that one out. They were clearly out played in the first and second then came on in the third. Can you believe that move by Briere? That was sweet. We need to lock him up. I love Drury's leadership but if we are forced to pick one it would be Danny boy.

803844[/snapback]

We really can't win without either of them. Big ups Peters for changing the tide of the game by winning his fight. Sometimes you need the big guy and he was there for us tonight.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller picks up two points basically on his own.

803833[/snapback]

The D-men played a heck of a third period. The Sabres have to have the most mobile backline in the league...and even Soupy's become a steady, reliable guy in his own end.

Can't you read?

At the bottom of the score sheet.

3 Stars picked by: BRUCE MACLEOD OAKLAND PRESS

803854[/snapback]

Yes I can read, I didn't look at the scoresheet. So they were picked by a writer for a paper that has a circulation of 200,000 from a city that doesn't even have a NHL team. :huh: They never really meant much to me before, but now they mean nothing.

Yes I can read, I didn't look at the scoresheet.  So they were picked by a writer for a paper that has a circulation of 200,000 from a city that doesn't even have a NHL team.  :D  They never really meant much to me before, but now they mean nothing.

803872[/snapback]

I'm guessing since San Jose is 30 minutes away, he is probably a writer for them. :huh:

You guys have a really strong team even though it is very early into the season.  Savor the moment.

803819[/snapback]

Huh? Come on man savor the moment? Wrong, we'll savor the season my friend and you'll be here to here about it every step of the way... :huh: Might as well just become a Sabres fan, you know you want to. :D

I cannot believe they pulled that one out. They were clearly out played in the first and second then came on in the third. Can you believe that move by Briere? That was sweet. We need to lock him up. I love Drury's leadership but if we are forced to pick one it would be Danny boy.

803844[/snapback]

I didnt get to see the game. What move did Briere do?

Did'nt Hasek look like utter **** tonight? WTF is up with the diving forward on his stomach crap. Washed up goalie at this point and I couldnt be happier. Never did like the guy. Retire Dom

803842[/snapback]

Yeah, Dom had a rough night. He was very slow on his feet the whole night, and still making those stupid, over-agressive moves (the interference call that Briere drew), sloppy playing the puck...we all know, even when he was younger, he was pretty unorthodox. To me though, the save of the night was his stick check on Vanek, in the shootout....incredible play.

Hasek has to be the most enigmatic figure in Buffalo sports history, except maybe OJ Simpson. We got to enjoy him in his prime (9 season, 6 Veznas', 2 League MVPs, carried a moribund franchise on his back to a Stanley Cup final), yet nobody really seems to like the guy. We are tough fans. :huh:

I just wonder if Detroit thinks he can start 50-60 games for them.

btw

Not to stir anything up, especially with such a fantastic start, but can anyone see Afinagenov getting dealt at the trade deadline? He really has some great talent, but just cannot seem to get out of his own way at times. He plays hard, but he it gets frustrating to watch him try so hard, and have little to show. He looks really frustrtated too. The penalties he took tonight were bad.

I like Max, he is such a great skater, I was just thinking, if they unloaded him, it may help them hold on to either Drury or Briere, and possibly pick up a younger, cheaper prospect. I am not all that up on how the salary cap works in the NHL.

All and all, another fun night of hockey! I will be bummed if the Rangers game is cancelled tomorrow!