God, bears fans are arrogant

crackur

I just spent some time reading through their posts over there...i would have responded sooner but i just brushed my teeth 4 times after throwing up in my mouth. That has to be the most conceited bunch of homers I have ever seen. I've checked out a lot of the forums and that is awful. I can't wait for this game against a very good Bears team and see where we're at. I suspect there may be a sudden run on crow at the grocery store.

This morning's Chicago Tribune is very arrogant about their team and eveyone associated with it including the waterboy (or gatoradeboy whatever). Till this morning I was fairly calm but now I hope to God the Bears lose. I mean really get their rears kicked by us. A solid, hard fought smash in the face, kick in the a$$, slap on all cheeks kinda beating is what they need.

ElseMonday is going to be hell in the papers and my office. {aint I a selfish pric*}

They have a right to be arrogant, they have a great team there in Chicago. It dont matter how you win games, alls that matters is that you win them. If my team was in the same shoes, you better believe im going to be arrogant aswell.

With a bounce here and there, Buffalo is going into Chicago with a flawless record....and it would be game of the week in the NFL.

Let them be arrogant, they have every right to be until someone knocks them down.....

I mean you cant tell me you wouldnt do the same thing if you were in their shoes....I know I would!

They have a right to be arrogant, they have a great team there in Chicago.  It dont matter how you win games, alls that matters is that you win them.  If my team was in the same shoes, you better believe im going to be arrogant aswell. 

With a bounce here and there, Buffalo is going into Chicago with a flawless record....and it would be game of the week in the NFL.

Let them be arrogant, they have every right to be until someone knocks them down.....

I mean you cant tell me you wouldnt do the same thing if you were in their shoes....I know I would!

797185[/snapback]

Uhm, take a look at the posts on this board two weeks ago today, all proclaiming how we would just destroy the Jets. We were arrogant after a 6 yr playoff drought and one measly win on the rd agaisn't a putrid Felons squad. Nature of the beast

Uhm, take a look at the posts on this board two weeks ago today, all proclaiming how we would just destroy the Jets. We were arrogant after a 6 yr playoff drought and one measly win on the rd agaisn't a putrid Felons squad. Nature of the beast

797188[/snapback]

There's a difference between saying "we are gunna take it to the Jets this weekend" and "Lets just hope the carts carrying their players off the field don't crash into eachother" and "the Bills may not be able to remember their own names after this one". BIGGGGGGG difference

I think that Chicago is ripe for the picking.....

Their schedule hasn't exactly been difficult so far.....Seattle isn't the same without Alexander.....and we dominated our only common opponent between us

They ARE the better team right now.....but if they think they are so much better that all they have to do is show up.....they are going to get kicked in the teeth.

We need to play flawless......and they need to make a few mistakes.....but we CAN win.

Their schedule hasn't exactly been difficult so far.....Seattle isn't the same without Alexander.....and we dominated our only common opponent between us

They ARE the better team right now.....but if they think they are so much better that all they have to do is show up.....they are going to get kicked in the teeth.

We need to play flawless......and they need to make a few mistakes.....but we CAN win.

797203[/snapback]

I agree 110%......... :devil:

Did everyone watch the same Minnesota game that I did? We did only win by less than a TD, right? We were a dropped pass from losing...right?

It was a great game, I loved it, but how did it turn into a dominating performance in less than a week?

797203[/snapback]

Sorry guys, but this weekend isn't the "let-down" or "look-past" or "sure-win" game for Chicago this season. That already happened. Week 3 against the Vikings. :lol:

We were so sure that a Minnesota team with a new HC and scheme, and an aging QB, that had gotten a couple of lucky wins against shaky opponents was a slam-dunk. Don't worry, it's in the bag. We just got a couple of HUGE wins against Division rivals, surely the Vikes would be the same. Besides, the BIG GAME, the one we really have to worry about is against Seattle the following week... :lol:

So da Bears already got spanked for being arrogant/complacent and were lucky enough to salvage a win out of it. Sorry but Minnesota beat you to our wake-up call. We'll be ready to play the Bills this Sunday... :devil:

BEAR DOWN!!!

Sorry guys, but this weekend isn't the "let-down" or "look-past" or "sure-win" game for Chicago this season.  That already happened. Week 3 against the Vikings.  :lol: 

BEAR DOWN!!!

797241[/snapback]

Right. Teams generally look past their own division, especially when that particular team is undefeated after beating one of the Conferences preseason Super Bowl favorites. I won't even get into the fact that the last time the two teams played the Vikings won by TWENTY FOUR. :devil:

Your fans may have overlooked the Vikings, but I seriously doubt the Bears did.

Do you actually know ANYTHING about football?

Right.  Teams generally look past their own division, especially when that particular team is undefeated after beating one of the Conferences preseason Super Bowl favorites.  I won't even get into the fact that the last time the two teams played the Vikings won by TWENTY FOUR.  :devil:

797273[/snapback]

As much as can be ascertained through espn.com

Right.  Teams generally look past their own division, especially when that particular team is undefeated after beating one of the Conferences preseason Super Bowl favorites.  I won't even get into the fact that the last time the two teams played the Vikings won by TWENTY FOUR.  :D

797273[/snapback]

I'm willing to bet that I know at least as much as the Bills fans here who now think that da Bears are looking past the Bills this week. To what? The CARDINALS? :lol: Or maybe they're busy making vacation plans for the bye week after that... ;)

Have you looked at the NFC North at all this season? Out of four teams, THREE have new Head Coaches (therefore new gameplans), as well as wholesale turnovers on players. Given the way we dominated Green Bay and Detroit, who wouldn't expect the same against Minnesota?

Detroit installed a Cover-2 Defense and we tore right thru it. It would have been reasonable to assume that we could have done the same to Minnesota's newly installed Cover-2 Defense as well. It generally takes time to learn how to execute a Cover-2 properly, as well as the right players to execute it.

But you're right of course. Da Bears coaches would NEVER be stupid enough to look past the rebuilding Vikings to the next game against the current NFC Champs. But they would be stupid enough to overlook the Bills almost immediately after being shown by the Vikings that it's a mistake to look past your current opponent... :D

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1/70...ShowThread.aspx

they believe its all over......

I mean, seriously, Rex Grossman isn't a good qb.......sorry, thats my honest opinion

In honesty, as well I believe JP is still growing, so I cannot grade him until I see him finish a season or so

796308[/snapback]

Good topic and good post.

Many of the posters here believed that the Jets game was all over before it started. We all ate crow that day.

I hope the game is close and exciting with good coaching decisions coming from Jauron and company. A win would be excellent, a close game would make me happy, a blowout will make me sad.

I'm willing to bet that I know at least as much as the Bills fans here who now think that da Bears are looking past the Bills this week.  To what?  The CARDINALS?  :D   Or maybe they're busy making vacation plans for the bye week after that...  :doh:

Have you looked at the NFC North at all this season?  Out of four teams, THREE have new Head Coaches (therefore new gameplans), as well as wholesale turnovers on players.  Given the way we dominated Green Bay and Detroit, who wouldn't expect the same against Minnesota? 

Detroit installed a Cover-2 Defense and we tore right thru it.  It would have been reasonable to assume that we could have done the same to Minnesota's newly installed Cover-2 Defense as well.  It generally takes time to learn how to execute a  Cover-2 properly, as well as the right players to execute it.

But you're right of course.  Da Bears coaches would NEVER be stupid enough to look past the rebuilding Vikings to the next game against the current NFC Champs.  But they would be stupid enough to overlook the Bills almost immediately after being shown by the Vikings that it's a mistake to look past your current opponent...  :D

797843[/snapback]

Nice attempt at backpedding. Too bad it's a giant crock of sh--, much like the rest of your posts.

"Ok guys, we know it's the Vikings on the road and they're in our division. Sure they beat us by 24 points the last time we played. Of course they just whacked Carolina after a short week and are undefeated. I also know the game is on the road, but we're playing Seattle in two weeks and they looked like a juggernaut against Detroit and the awesome Arizona Cardinals, and the Vikes have a new coaching staff and scheme, so we're just going to wing it this week because their going to lay down for us."

- Lovie

Now tell us again how Tony Dungy went 6-10 in his first season at Indy. The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging.

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/1/70...ShowThread.aspx

they believe its all over......

I mean, seriously, Rex Grossman isn't a good qb.......sorry, thats my honest opinion

In honesty, as well I believe JP is still growing, so I cannot grade him until I see him finish a season or so

796308[/snapback]

Having bought 8 tickets for the game today, I certainly hope the Bills can find a way to win. Don't know where you have formed your opinion that Grossman is not a good QB, but the guy is playing at a very high level. Satistically near the top of the league and with a running game averaging only 3.0 yards per carry so far this year. Grossman is carrying the team offensively with great passing. They didn't play great against the Vikings, but at the end of the game when they needed a score to Win, Grossman takes the team down the field and into the endzone (on a pass) to win the game. For a guy with only about 10 starts, he's exceeding expectations. Like Losman, he is a great athlete, has a strong arm and uses those abilities. This will be a stiff test for the Bills defense today.