Go Sabres!

KD in CA

Kinda sad watching them play in Raleigh to open the season.....I'm guessing 'Sabre Alley' isn't dominating the parking lot tonight. Glad to hear Lindy kept the team in the dressing room for the banner ceremony.

btw.....1-0 Sabres.

Team looked good, but that Sluggo is just hideous.

795802[/snapback]

I'd say for the most part the team looked lethargic and unsure of itself. I think that's to be expected when you're basically changing every forward combination from last season. Still, if that's how we look at this stage and that's the result we get, the rest of the NHL is worried.

I'd say for the most part the team looked lethargic and unsure of itself.  I think that's to be expected when you're basically changing every forward combination from last season.  Still, if that's how we look at this stage and that's the result we get, the rest of the NHL is worried.

795807[/snapback]

Just like last year...all this team does is win in the clutch.

Gotta love to see that again.

Just got back from the game. Seeing all those "caniacs" leave the arena in silence on their "banner night" earned me just a little bit of retribution for how I felt after game 7 of the Eastern Conf. Finals in June.

As for the uniforms? The color scheme and design really look good; it's just that damn logo that will take getting used to. There's no question it will look better on the dark jerseys.

FYI, they were taking potshots at the logo on the jumbotron at the arena. At one point in the 3rd, they posted a "factoid" that despite reports to the contrary, the new Sabres logo is not a banana slug. :w00t:

Nice win.

Just caught Barry Melrose breaking down the game on Sportscenter. Gave props where due, but finished with "the Sabres have the absolute worst uniforms in all of hockey."

(Then again, this was said by a man wearing a lavender pinstripe suitcoat... :w00t: )

Nice sequence by the officials there.  The penalty to Mair is ridiculous no matter what he or someone else did/said.  Tie game with one man already in the box is not the time to bow up and teach the players who is boss.

795780[/snapback]

Did "VERSUS" even show what he did? I don't remember seeing it.

Nice win.

Just caught Barry Melrose breaking down the game on Sportscenter. Gave props where due, but finished with "the Sabres have the absolute worst uniforms in all of hockey."

(Then again, this was said by a man wearing a lavender pinstripe suitcoat... :w00t: )

795959[/snapback]

That might be the first time I ever agreed with Barry, lol.

Just got back from the game.  Seeing all those "caniacs" leave the arena in silence on their "banner night" earned me just a little bit of retribution for how I felt after game 7 of the Eastern Conf. Finals in June.

As for the uniforms?  The color scheme and design really look good; it's just that damn logo that will take getting used to.  There's no question it will look better on the dark jerseys.

FYI, they were taking potshots at the logo on the jumbotron at the arena.  At one point in the 3rd, they posted a "factoid" that despite reports to the contrary, the new Sabres logo is not a banana slug.  :w00t:

795880[/snapback]

I was almost relieved that I had to give my tickets up for this game. I may have gotten into some trouble being around those "Caniacs" again.

I agree with AD though, the boys looked lackluster for the first and most of the second but seemed to be on their game more for most of third and OT. I'm so pumped that hockey is back.

FYI, they were taking potshots at the logo on the jumbotron at the arena. At one point in the 3rd, they posted a "factoid" that despite reports to the contrary, the new Sabres logo is not a banana slug. :w00t:

795880[/snapback]

OK, when they're in our house we post "despite reports to the contrary the Hurricane logo is not a flushing toilet"

OK, when they're in our house we post "despite reports to the contrary the Hurricane logo is not a flushing toilet"

796016[/snapback]

Exactly. Our uniforms are brutal, but the canes taking pot shots at it is definitely a pot/ kettle/black scenario.

I'd say for the most part the team looked lethargic and unsure of itself.  I think that's to be expected when you're basically changing every forward combination from last season.  Still, if that's how we look at this stage and that's the result we get, the rest of the NHL is worried.

795807[/snapback]

I believe the correct term to use here is "sluggish."