Vincent vs. McGee

MattyT

So, if McGee comes out and plays better than solid corner over the next few weeks, do the Bills move Vincent to Free Safety when he comes back from injury? This was a move that was discussed heavily during the offseason. I think that Kevin Thomas could handle the nickel position sufficiently.

At this point in the season I'm not sure that Vincent could be more affective at a new position than the current safeties, but I'm just thinking about getting the best players on the field at the same time.

Sounds like a doable plan but lets just hope that Vincent's injury isn't too bad. Watching the game it looked like Vincent popped right up to his knees to see if the catch was made and then was hurt a few minutes later. I don't know if it was adrenaline or what but I know when I tore ligaments in my knee playing qb last year it felt like hot water was poured down my leg instantly.

So, if McGee comes out and plays better than solid corner over the next few weeks, do the Bills move Vincent to Free Safety when he comes back from injury? This was a move that was discussed heavily during the offseason. I think that Kevin Thomas could handle the nickel position sufficiently.

At this point in the season I'm not sure that Vincent could be more affective at a new position than the current safeties, but I'm just thinking about getting the best players on the field at the same time.

57160[/snapback]

Definately, I was thinking the same thing bro. But considering Malarkey has his head up his @ss not playing McGahee over Henry, I wouldn't count on it.

honestly, whith the way we have been playing, why not?...lets get the young guys in there...plus it gives us 2 awesome safties...

57220[/snapback]

Exactamundo. Unfortuantely it aint gonna happen during the season, but it should. It looked like the Pats were going to own Vincent on Sunday. McGee came in and did one hell of a job. Let's see how he responds knowing he's a starter this week.

No. You need 3 solid corners for each game. Forget about injuries. On top of that, I think it would be tough both on TV as well as the rest of the 2ndary trying to make a transition like that mid-season. Just asking for trouble. (If we lost like 3 safeties that would be one thing, as it would probably be a better alternative to whoever we could pick up off the street, but that's it.)

Exactamundo.  Unfortuantely it aint gonna happen during the season, but it should.  It looked like the Pats were going to own Vincent on Sunday.  McGee came in and did one hell of a job.  Let's see how he responds knowing he's a starter this week.

57227[/snapback]

Brady torched McGee all day on Sunday.

With their top 2 receivers out the Pats still threw for close to 300 yards on us on Sunday. And much of that yardage came against McGee.

Brady torched McGee all day on Sunday. 

With their top 2 receivers out the Pats still threw for close to 300 yards on us on Sunday.  And much of that yardage came against McGee.

57387[/snapback]

Not according to Belichick...

One man in particular thinks McGee may already be there — Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

"McGee killed us," said Belichick, referring not only to McGee's prowess on kick returns but his play in the secondary. "He's a really good player, a good player on defense and a really good player on kickoffs."

Belichick sought out McGee on the field after the game to tell him that.

"He was telling me that I gave him hell," said McGee. "He told me what a good athlete I was. I was surprised that he came up to me, shook my hand and told me that. I thought he'd be doing something else besides coming to me and telling me how good I played."

I'm not ready to hand over the keys to the permanent starting CB yet, but the next few weeks may be a pleasant surprise.

Not according to Belichick...

I'm not ready to hand over the keys to the permanent starting CB yet, but the next few weeks may be a pleasant surprise.

57407[/snapback]

Well, my eyes saw McGee slow and/or late in coverage on many of those Givens and Patten catches.

I do agree that McGee was a thorn in Belichicks side when it came to special teams however.

I think this is a pretty decent idea. The only thing is if this coaching staff feels Prioleau or Baker is more capable of stepping in at Coy's position. Hell, they benched Coy in favor of those other guys, so we may see more of this.

Personally, I think McGee is capable of stepping in as the #2 guy, it's the #3 guy I'm a little worried about. Thomas could be capable, but I just don't know.