Mike and Mike

rockpile

I had a few minutes this morning and watched them on TV. Something I have never done. Are they always this myopic?

They spoke about the Bills & Vikings game and specifically pointed out McGahee's "poor performance".

Um, his individual game rushing total was more than THE ENTIRE VIKINGS OFFENSE, by around 20 yards (I am too lazy to look it up)!

Also, his 28 or so carries illustrated a solid game plan and ball control.

OK, so he did not break 100 yards.

I

DON'T

CARE!

B-)

Go Bills!

I had a few minutes this morning and watched them on TV. Something I have never done. Are they always this myopic?

They spoke about the Bills & Vikings game and specifically pointed out McGahee's "poor performance".

Um, his individual game rushing total was more than THE ENTIRE VIKINGS OFFENSE, by around 20 yards (I am too lazy to look it up)!

I

DON'T

CARE!

B-)

Go Bills!

792832[/snapback]

Once again, the real problem isnt so much these idiotic "sports personalities" as it is everyone's love of fantasy football. People see willis's 28-78-1, and his <3 ypc, and think he had a bad day because he "didnt do well in fantasy football" Everything is based now on how many fantasy points a player scores, and not how they actually performed in the game.

Plus, looking at numbers is so much easier than actually doing your homework and watching the game and forming an educated opinion.

I

DON'T

CARE!

B-)

Go Bills!

792832[/snapback]

I listen to Mike & Mike in the morning, and for the most part, I do enjoy listening to them, but they have no love for the Bills, ever.

Greenberg is a huge Jets fan, and he doesn't hide that fact, so you can kind of understand his negative attitude towards us.

As far as Golic goes, I am not sure if you ever watch NFL Live, but that whole crew does not have a lot of love for the Bills, Golic included. That idiot Schlereth has not picked us to win a game once this season. He picks us to lose every week.

I

DON'T

CARE!

B-)

Go Bills!

792832[/snapback]

Plus, Willis seemed to really set the tone out there. I have never seen him jaw with the other team as much. I loved it.

PS. Drop Mike & Mike, and listen to Tony Bruno on the Sporting News Network on XM.

He is much funnier, and it isn't the Pats/Jets/ Red Soxx slobber fest that ESPN is.

Whoever the fat one is on mike and mike I hope he drops dead from a heart attack.

I hope the other (dorky) one drops dead because he shoved one of his star wars dolls too far up his a_s.

I really dislike those guys, they never venture even near being objective.

ESPN is a joke although I don't mind Dan Patrick as much.

Plus, Willis seemed to really set the tone out there. I have never seen him jaw with the other team as much. I loved it.

PS. Drop Mike & Mike, and listen to Tony Bruno on the Sporting News Network on XM.

He is much funnier, and it isn't the Pats/Jets/ Red Soxx slobber fest that ESPN is.

792852[/snapback]

But you will get tons of love if you are a Eagles fan. TB is from the Philly area (even though he lives in LA) and roots for the Eagles.

I don't know what the big deal is. Willis got over 62.5 yards in the game, didn't he? As long as he continues to do that, he's a lock for 1,000 yards. That is as reliable a measuring stick as possible for running backs, especially in a 16 game schedule.

Once again, the real problem isnt so much these idiotic "sports personalities" as it is everyone's love of fantasy football. People see willis's 28-78-1, and his <3 ypc, and think he had a bad day because he "didnt do well in fantasy football" Everything is based now on how many fantasy points a player scores, and not how they actually performed in the game.

Plus, looking at numbers is so much easier than actually doing your homework and watching the game and forming an educated opinion.

792839[/snapback]

I don't agree with Mike and Mike, but 78 yards and a touch is a GOOD day in fantasy football, not a poor one. YPC does NOT matter in fantasy. I think most owners would be pleased with the 13 or so fantasy points Willis scored yesterday.

I bet neither one of those guys watched the Bills Vikings game, they probably just looked at the stats in the newspaper and made their comments bases on that!

What they didnt notice was how tough his yards were and how hard he had to work for his TD.

Not to mention if he had a bad game picking up the blitz, Buffalo would have lost. McGahee was a stud picking up defenders blitzing.

point being Buffalo won the game!

And Willis is leading the NFL in rushing. It seems this year its alot tougher to run on NFL defenses. You have to follow Willis to know if he had a good game.

This is one of those games I saw him fight for the extra yards, which is not always the case. And he had a great game putting up some nice blocks.

ESPN has gotten worse over the past few years - probably because the corporate suits encourage the Tedy Bruschi-type love towards the Pats, Jets, Red Sox, and any other trendy big-name stars (Terrell Owens, etc).

The Bills just aren't in a big enough market where they can afford to spend too much time. If the big corporations keep sponsoring them enough, we'll keep hearing how great the Patriots are....

im telling you with Willis leading the league in rushing, hes going to work harder then ever to lead the league this year! Your going to see a different McGahee every week from here on out. I think hes going to have the same type game this Sunday....25 plus carries for around 100 with a TD maybe, but picking up the blitzes with authority!

I

DON'T

CARE!

:devil:

Go Bills!

792832[/snapback]

i've been critical of mcgahee before, but i thought he played one of his better games yesterday. i think travis henry would have had negative yards behind our o-line yesterday. mcgahee actually deserves a lot of credit for toughing out a lot of the yardage on his own.

of course, the cynic in me wonders how long it will be before he starts whining about it....but that's a topic for another thread...

i've been critical of mcgahee before, but i thought he played one of his better games yesterday.  i think travis henry would have had negative yards behind our o-line yesterday.  mcgahee actually deserves a lot of credit for toughing out a lot of the yardage on his own.

of course, the cynic in me wonders how long it will be before he starts whining about it....but that's a topic for another thread...

793504[/snapback]

Um, when is his contract up? Just need a google search, not a magic eight ball to predict that one. :devil: