Time to see what Preston can do

5 Wide

Well this may be a good thing or a bad thing...but it def depletes the depth at the line. With Villarial nursing a high ankle sprain (usually 4-6 weeks) we'll learn a lot about Preston in the coming weeks.

Duke got absolutely smoked on one Kyle Williams sack yesterday. It was simple man up blocking, and Williams took Preston to the outside, away from any help he could gotten from Fowler and then just tossed Preston aside and nailed JP.

Tough task next week for the whole Bills O-Line vs. Chicago

The one thing that I like about Duke is that he gets down field after his first initial block. Peters does this as well. And so did the line in the early 90's. But to see a gaurd or anyone on the Bills oline within these last 5 years do that speaks volumes. Williams beat him right away but after that Duke held his ground. People who are saying he didn't do a decent job should watch the game again. Not to mention on the last "Willis" rushing series for the first down they were running right behind, Preston. It doesn't get easier for Duke however Harris (DT Chicago) is his next test. CV going down might not be a bad thing, the coaches can use this to gauge where Prestin is with his progression while finding out if he is our rg of the future. I think he'll be fine.

Holy cow, Duke Preston comes off the bench "COLD" and has to get after it against one of the most physically talented DTs in the business! Give him a week of practice before rushing to judgement! By the New England game, he will probably hit his stride, and I wouldn't be at all suprised if he kept Chris Villarrial on the bench when he returns. Personally, I think Preston has been less than settled due to the number of positions the Bills have had him learn in a little under two years. I also think that he is a valuable member of the team. Just my opinion....

We might have one of the most athletic OLs with him in there, he pulls so much cleaner than Vill. And I like the challenge, I think going against what might be one of the top 5 DL in the league will either make him or break him, but at least we'll know.

Any Free agent RGs out there?

Tough test for Preston. I know people will complain when they see Harris blow him up a few times this week. But, everyone should remember, that if CV was playing, it would be the same result.

That said, I think Preston will do fine. He will have the whole week to prepare, and he looked good last year in spot duty.

I'll wait a couple of games before I judge Preston too harshly.  He stepped in against one fo the best defensive linemen in the game.  He's got a full plate ahead of him and its time for him to get out there and establish himself.

793733[/snapback]

Yep, every player has a time where they need to prove if they are worthy of being in the NFL it just happens to be Prestons time!