I've seeen every Chicago game............

ChicagoRic

...............be afraid! Right now, they are the class of their Conference. Make no mistake, the Bears are real and they are big and they are bad.

In many ways, they are what I would most like the Bills to be. I'd consider them a good blueprint to a truly competitive team.---Take a look:

Young QB with limited experience due to injuries: Losman? Nope. Grossman. The kid is on fire after 2 disappointing (injured) years.

He is finding a field of explosive WR's--Nope, not Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish---try Monster Muhsin and Bernard Berrian and biggish and speedy TE Clark.

They have a grinding power back at RB good with an injury riddled past-------T. Jones, not McGahee.

Any finally, they have a fast and aggressive defense-----I won't name names, but DAMN ARE THEY GOOD. The Hasslebeck lead Seahawks looked bad tonight. Sure, no Shaun Alexander, but even with 3 to 4 top line WR's,, they were shut down. There are no weaknesses in this Bears's D. There are no Ellisons, Simpsons or Whitners to make rookie mistakes..and precious few slower old guys........the Bears have credible veterans at every defensive spot.

Can we win? YES, but it will be a battle. Losman has yet to see a pass rush of this caliber, but I think our speedy WR corps can help to offset this. Also, McGahee might find some room to run to the weak side, away from Urlacher.

The key here is to play a COMPLETE game on both sides of the ball and to get some bonus points from special teams.

Bills 17, Bears 14.............but only if all goes right.

Scared to heck by the Bears,

ChicagoRic

Eric C

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying you are wrong but.....

Victories over GB & DET.....hmmm

A win over MIN which they coulda(shoulda?) lost.

A win over a reeling Alexanderless SEA.

They might be as good as they look....then again, they might look a little better than they actually are.

We can beat em....if we play tight(no penalties) & smart(good play-calling).

GO BILLS!!!

Well, a win is a win and a loss is a loss

If we win we win, if we lose we lose

But like JP said, doesn't matter who they're gonna work hard and come out and fight 110%. Yeah, Chicago > NFC, and AFC east rivals and everyone would pick them as the better team. But as the Jets proved to us (sourly) the better team doesn't always win, and one man could argue we have a 50% chance of winning. We either do or don't, anyone wanna give us a reason why we can't win?

Look, Chicago is a very good team, noone around here can argue that fact.......

However......

They have never really been tested yet this year. Not saying Buffalo is that team to test them, but, I think Chicago is a little suspect.

Its hard to say what type of team Chicago is when they have played a few weaker teams.

Its going to be a tough tough tough game for the Bills to win. I mean they need to play flawless on defense & offense & special teams. If they can do that they will win by less then a TD.

This game is not in favor of the Bills, if it were at home, maybe, but they are going to chi town.......tough task at hand, but games like this will make Buffalo stronger down the road!

Personally, I am giving JP a free pass to stink this week. The Bears D doesn't just beat you, the humiliate you. Favre and Hasselback looked like high school QBs against them.

792486[/snapback]

But then Brad Johnson almost beat them....The one big advantage is this game will be in Chicago....and with the crowd backing a 4-0 team, it will be a real tought one for Losman. If Losman comes away from this game without a major meltdown then we will be ok.

...............be afraid!  Right now, they are the class of their Conference.  Make no mistake, the Bears are real and they are big and they are bad.

In many ways, they are what I would most like the Bills to be.  I'd consider them a good blueprint to a truly competitive team.---Take a look:

Young QB with limited experience due to injuries:  Losman?  Nope.  Grossman.  The kid is on fire after 2 disappointing (injured) years.

He is finding a field of explosive WR's--Nope, not Evans, Price, Reed, Parrish---try Monster Muhsin and Bernard Berrian and biggish and speedy TE Clark.

They have a grinding power back at RB good  with an injury riddled past-------T. Jones, not McGahee.

Any finally, they have a fast and aggressive defense-----I won't name names, but DAMN ARE THEY GOOD.  The Hasslebeck lead Seahawks looked bad tonight.  Sure, no Shaun Alexander, but even with 3 to 4 top line WR's,, they were shut down.  There are no weaknesses in this Bears's D.  There are no Ellisons, Simpsons or Whitners to make rookie mistakes..and precious few slower old guys........the Bears have credible veterans at every defensive spot.

Can we win?  YES, but it will be a battle.  Losman has yet to see a pass rush of this caliber, but I think our speedy WR corps can help to offset this.  Also, McGahee might find some room to run to the  weak side, away from Urlacher. 

The key here is to play a COMPLETE game on both sides of the ball and to get some bonus points from special teams.

Bills 17, Bears 14.............but only if all goes right.

Scared to heck by the Bears,

ChicagoRic

Eric C

792381[/snapback]

After watching them last night I have to agree. They're a scary team and a team with some big bad boys in the middle like Tommy Harris. They're the best NFC team I've seen this year

Bills 14 Bears 28-hope I'm wrong

I was flabbergasted to see you say all those things about Chicago's dominance, and then see your prediction for a Bills win, 17-14. That's classic homerism. The Bears are very solid. They played at the top of their game versus the Seahawks. They also just barely beat a Minnesota team that the Bills also beat in a close game. It's possible that if everything goes right for the Bills and the Bears do not play up to their potential the Bills could win. I'm not predicting that though. I'm expecting the Bills to lose, but hoping they will "show up" and at least give the Bears a tough game. It is an advantage for the Bills that Perry Fewell, their DC, was a Chicago assistant last year.

I will be there...I'm nervous bc the Bears are scary good, but I will be plowed and cheering on our team with reckless abandonment...

Then will beg and plead with Rusty Jones to come back to the Bills.

GO BILLS!

792479[/snapback]

The Bills' strength and conditioning coordinator doesn't have the experience of Rusty Jones, but he's a solid guy who is a follower of the methods that Jones is so good at. He's not the dufus that Mike Mularkey hired last year.

The Bills HAVE TO match the intensity level that the Bears bring every week. With that said, the Bills are building a very competitive team that has given indications that they will NOT back down to ANYONE. If the Bills can play smash-mouth football with the Bears ( This is entirely possible!), then a victory is possible. It is a great spot for Dick Jauron to whip his team into a "us versus the world" mentality this week. I'm of the opinion that the Bills try and follow the blueprint of the Carolina Panthers and get Lee Evans highly involved in this contest (ala Steve Smith), and find the weak links that Carolina found last year. My prediction is for the Bills to win a close one 24-20!

The Bears are the best team I have seen play this year...I am not saying the Bills have no chance, only that it will be a very well earned victory if they do win. A lot of the theories about why the Bears are beatable, seem based on last years Bears...Rex Grossman is a major improvement over Kyle Orton...one area the Bills might be able to gain an edge, is on special teams. The Bears ST are explosive too, but a little more mistake prone, thus far. Their defense is awesome...if you saw the Seahawks game last night, and wathced the whole thing, you had to be impressed that the defense braught it, on every down, no matter how far ahead they were...they were still swarming, and pounding the Seahawks in the waining moments. I think they are very much for real...but, I think the Bills will give them a fight...and you never know....

I really don't see how so many of you can go picking the Bills to win on the road in Chicago. The Bears, with only a defense, were scary last year, this year with a potent offense as well, they are going to be tough to beat if you're one of the elite teams in the league, let alone if you are a young team still learning how to win. The only way the Bills come away with a victory next week, is if the Bears have a huge mental lapse after a great game last night.

I'll give the entire offense a pass next week on criticism after that game. I don't see anyway the Bills OLine can handle Chicago's D. Buffalo needs to win the turnover battle big in this one in order to win.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a Chicago win, something like 26-13. 0:)