President Clinton wearing the BILLS HAT today!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Klansman Byrd D-WVA showed up?  Remember him?...he fillibustered for 14 straight hours against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Or the ghosts of Al Gore Sr., Sam Ervin, George Wallace, Lester Maddox or Orville Faubus? Or The Hayes-Tilden presidential election of 1876, and the Democrats extracting the cessation of Union reconstruction, after which the Dems authored and enforced their Jim Crow laws, hmmmm....?

Pesky history.  :P

793834[/snapback]

"I'd rather be right than consistent," said Supreme Ct Jusice Harlan -- the son of a slaveowner who redeemed himself. There was another ex-KKK SCotUS justice who ended up being one of the most liberal of the twentieth century, IIRC. If there is truth behind the person's quest for redemption, I have no problem with it. You shouldn't, either. Besides, the Dems of the post-Civil War are a completely different party than the Dems post-FDR.

"I'd rather be right than consistent," said Supreme Ct Jusice Harlan -- the son of a slaveowner who redeemed himself.  There was another ex-KKK SCotUS justice who ended up being one of the most liberal of the twentieth century, IIRC.  If there is truth behind the person's quest for redemption, I have no problem with it.  You shouldn't, either.  Besides, the Dems of the post-Civil War are a completely different party than the Dems post-FDR.

793950[/snapback]

Why did they fight against the '64 Civil Rights Act? Why did they excoriate Sen leader Lott for attending a birthday party for Strom Thurmond? Why did they go after Thomas Jefferson?

...says the guy with the rotation of boobs avatars.  :P

or that the game was against Minnesota.  :P

793944[/snapback]

All artistic and tastefully rendered.

It's not like I lied about getting a hummer in the oval office.

Anyone know why they were in Western NY???  I do...and it was a good thing! Hillary and Senator George Allen have co-sponsored a bill to set some federal guidelines for Newborn Screening.She as here for a press conference with the Kelly family. It is in honor of Hunter Kelly..did you know that depending on what state you live in determines what your child will be screened for at birth. Your child's life should not be dependent on what state you live in  (FYI...every child in NYS is now screened for Krabbe disease at birth...thank you HUNTER!)

792436[/snapback]

Here is a link. click here

I still think Hillary is a carpet bagger, but so are most politicians. :P

If they can get legislation passed that actually DOES SOMETHING, I will be happy.

That is how a politician should be judged.

You've got to be joking. Don't you know he wears the team apparel of the stadium he is at? He is a Dem. after all. Change their colors at the drop of a ___.

793936[/snapback]

Hmmm...I have seen George W in a Rangers cap, and Astros cap, a Yankees cap, a Red Sox cap, a Giants cap, a Nationals cap, a Reds cap...so you are implying that this type of pandering is exclusive to Democrats? Please...to impy that Bill or Hillary Clinton wearing a Bills cap is any more insincere than any other politician is either incredibly silly.

Just saw the highlight on NBC, Wild Bill sitting next to Ralph in his box, friggin classic. Clinton is the man, always liked that guy....now I love him.

792008[/snapback]

If Hillary was the senator of Minnesota, you can be damn sure he would be wearing a Vikings hat

I know Nostradamus was just replying to CCD. But just reading his response alone, makes it look like he called Hillery a HE.

Funny to me, anyway. She is rather fugly.

794066[/snapback]

Here's an oldie I've always liked - the Clinton's 1.9% mortgage NY house...that's where Buddy the Dog outlived his usefulness.. :P

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/im...lintonhouse.htm

Hmmm...I have seen George W in a Rangers cap, and Astros cap, a Yankees cap, a Red Sox cap, a Giants cap, a Nationals cap, a Reds cap...so you are implying that this type of pandering is exclusive to Democrats?  Please...to impy that Bill or Hillary Clinton wearing a Bills cap is any more insincere than any other politician is either incredibly silly.

794023[/snapback]

I can recall only 1 politician who wore a team cap and was truly a fan of that team - Rudy G and the NY Yankees. When he was mayor during the subway series he proudly proclaimed himself to be an Yankee fan and actively rooted for them over the Mets.

Other than that I think all politicians are going to go with whatever team helps them politically (as they should - that's their job).

I can recall only 1 politician who wore a team cap and was truly a fan of that team - Rudy G and the NY Yankees. When he was mayor during the subway series he proudly proclaimed himself to be an Yankee fan and actively rooted for them over the Mets.

Other than that I think all politicians are going to go with whatever team helps them politically (as they should - that's their job).

794107[/snapback]

What about George Dubya and the Texas Rangers?

794107[/snapback]

Yeah, I know, that was the point I was making...anytime anyone starts criticizing politicians for anything, and uses that to imply that it is representitive of an entire party, it is just juvenile...particularly when it comes to such a non-issue as somebody attending a sporting event, and wearing a cap...to apply the logic that some here love so much, should we now assume that all Repuplicans are pediophiles?