If we don't make the playoffs

MattF2000

If we don't make the playoffs, which we're not supposed to (Altho I am still hoping and in no way giving up on the season), we need to draft......

Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech. Now I know this is premature being it's only week 4 but I've been watching this guy play and he's exactly what our offense is lacking. 6'5" 235lbs WR that runs a 4.35 40 yard dash. It's apparent we have no red zone threat whatsoever and Evans is still learning to be a #1. This guy is exactly what we need. And everyone here seems to think risking a first round pick on an OLineman would be a big mistake (see MW), then I couldn't think of a better guy to hope we get next spring. Like I said I know this is way premature but I was watching more highlights of him today and had to post. Then again he'll probably be a top 5 pick if he opts for the draft (he's only a junior) but damn he'd fit so well in our offense.. well probably anyones offense.

If we don't make the playoffs, which we're not supposed to (Altho I am still hoping and in no way giving up on the season), we need to draft......

Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech.  Now I know this is premature being it's only week 4 but I've been watching this guy play and he's exactly what our offense is lacking.  6'5" 235lbs WR that runs a 4.35 40 yard dash.  It's apparent we have no red zone threat whatsoever and Evans is still learning to be a #1.  This guy is exactly what we need.  And everyone here seems to think risking a first round pick on an OLineman would be a big mistake (see MW), then I couldn't think of a better guy to hope we get next spring.  Like I said I know this is way premature but I was watching more highlights of him today and had to post.  Then again he'll probably be a top 5 pick if he opts for the draft (he's only a junior) but damn he'd fit so well in our offense.. well probably anyones offense.

790757[/snapback]

Calvin Johnson is something special. The problem is that he'll most be likely gone in the top 5, if not top 3.

Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech.  Now I know this is premature being it's only week 4 but I've been watching this guy play and he's exactly what our offense is lacking.  6'5" 235lbs WR that runs a 4.35 40 yard dash.  It's apparent we have no red zone threat whatsoever and Evans is still learning to be a #1.  This guy is exactly what we need.  And everyone here seems to think risking a first round pick on an OLineman would be a big mistake (see MW), then I couldn't think of a better guy to hope we get next spring.  Like I said I know this is way premature but I was watching more highlights of him today and had to post.  Then again he'll probably be a top 5 pick if he opts for the draft (he's only a junior) but damn he'd fit so well in our offense.. well probably anyones offense.

790757[/snapback]

Defensive end and QB are our needs. Yeah yeah---Ryan Denney and Schobel will pile up stats in meaningless games or routs against injured or pathetic teams.

Depends on how the season goes.  If Jp struggles like last year near the end of the season then we should pick up another Qb, but not from the draft if possible.  However I strongly think that we would need to pick an offensive lineman.

791004[/snapback]

I had a dream last night that the Bills picked an LT in the 1st round next year. I've been having random dreams like that and they keep coming true. I'd say BOOK IT. :D

I'm actually serious, I've had weird dreams that keep coming true. Clairvoyant?

I had a dream last night that the Bills picked an LT in the 1st round next year. I've been having random dreams like that and they keep coming true. I'd say BOOK IT. :D

I'm actually serious, I've had weird dreams that keep coming true. Clairvoyant?

791016[/snapback]

I could see that happening. I mean Gandy isn't the greatest Lt in the world.

DE, LT, RG and yes, another DT.

I like these. I think JP could use one more lineman now and one more backup. Whether they come from the draft is another question entirely, as I think your starter LT ought to have experience. Witness the Robert Gallery learning curve.

790757[/snapback]

every team could use Calvin Johnson, not just the Bills. He will most likely be the first pick in the draft next year, he is T.O. without the problems

drafting an O-lineman in the first round isnt a mistake if your front office knows what they are doing and they pick the right guy. You dont draft a RT with the 4th pick and you def dont take a RT over a LT who was clearly ther better player. TD made the mistke picking Williams, if he drafted McKinnie we wouldnt be talking about a mistake. Not to mention O-lineman from Texas never seem to work out in the NFL anyway, kind of like D-lineman from Penn St

McKinnie is Pace or Ogden by any means but he is a good LT and they are hard to find

I still can't believe some people think we need to spend a first round pick on a quarterback. I'm not saying Losman is amazing but he has definitely held his own this year. I definitely do think we need some OLine help I suppose I am just weary of the first round pick on one. It looks like we won't be in a position to pick up Calvin cuz I think most of you are right he's a top 3 pick probably. Kiper has some OT's on his big board although i don't trust his word for anything. He was definitely bashing Marv over the Whitner pick. But even after today I still feel we need some red zone help, I suppose a solid big TE would be nice too. But OLine help I think is a must, we still seem to really struggle running the ball around the goal line. Finally got one in today!

Defensive end and QB are our needs. Yeah yeah---Ryan Denney and Schobel will pile up stats in meaningless games or routs against injured or pathetic teams.

790785[/snapback]

QB a need? Wait. You're right. JP has done sh-- in the league. He hasn't even led us to a Super Bowl like Brady and Roethlisberger did in their first and second years as starters. Why wait to replace JP just cut him and his 71 of 111 for a 64% completion 4 TDs (one rushing) only 1 INT and Qb rating of 90.6 right now! He's a loser. He hasn't shown any improvement and this team will be lucky to win 2 games with him starting at QB.