Did we put any pressure on Chad?

seq004

But it sounds like more than anything else the Defense gave Pennington time to make his throws. Thats why we beat Miami. Yes, the turnovers have to be added into the equation today and 3 turnovers vs 0 will almost always end in a loss but we didn't do something today that is what allowed us to beat the fins. I'm lost on what happened on that last drive.

But it sounds like more than anything else the Defense gave Pennington time to make his throws. Thats why we beat Miami. Yes, the turnovers have to be added into the equation today and 3 turnovers vs 0 will almost always end in a loss but we didn't do something today that is what allowed us to beat the fins. I'm lost on what happened on that last drive.

784701[/snapback]

I wasn't paying attention on every play, but when I did watch for it (which was quite often) I didn't see one blitz today. The goal was apprently to sit back in zone and how to stop those quick passes, but the couldn't do it.

IMO that was the biggest mistake made in this game.

784701[/snapback]

no :)

I wasn't paying attention on every play, but when I did watch for it (which was quite often) I didn't see one blitz today.  The goal was apprently to sit back in zone and how to stop those quick passes, but the couldn't do it.

784709[/snapback]

IIRC they sent the house on a couple plays and one of them was the TE score. The pass rush was not working today at all.

IIRC they sent the house on a couple plays and one of them was the TE score.  The pass rush was not working today at all.

784715[/snapback]

Well yeah...I wasn't counting the goal line play. Hard to play your LB's and Safeties back when they are in the endzone.

Other than that, I'm sure there were blitzes called, but they must have been VERY few and far between. Certainly not enough to say that they wouldn't have worked. I can understand if they went into the game with that plan, but really feel they should have tried to change strategies later. What they were doing just wasn't working.

784701[/snapback]

Verrry little pressure....AND Pennington was out there showing why he is a good QB.He made the timely throws and was very accurate out there.

784701[/snapback]

No pressure at all by our D, he had all day to throw if he wanted it.