What do you say to Jp after our loss to the Jets?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked both good and bad today which is to be expected. The team got away from the running game much too early. They should have relied on McGahee instead of Losman, even after they fell behind by 11 points.

He looked both good and bad today which is to be expected.  The team got away from the running game much too early.  They should have relied on McGahee instead of Losman, even after they fell behind by 11 points.

784366[/snapback]

The coaches did some dumb things today, but I thought Fairchild mixed it up pretty well when they down 11, especially since they only had a couple more minutes with the wind. As Jaworski always says, points ultimately come out of the passing game.

you blew the game.

784465[/snapback]

The fumble that really hurt wasn't even JP's fault. McGahee was there to pick up the blitz and didn't even slow the guy down.

The only big mistakes JP made were the terrible interception and the crappy last drive.

The fumble that really hurt wasn't even JP's fault.  McGahee was there to pick up the blitz and didn't even slow the guy down.

The only big mistakes JP made were the terrible interception and the crappy last drive.

784476[/snapback]

The worst mistake he made was the first fumble. It was just inexcusable. He saw the blitz and moved to his right to avoid it...he either needed to throw the ball away instead of running or he needed to tuck the ball away and take off running. The slow slide to the left with his arm cocked back was just a horrible decision.

"I can see why you were thrown under the bus by your teammates last year....Your not very good"

784483[/snapback]

Neither is "you're" grammar.

The difference in the game was that the Bills had NO pass rush and the Jets had a pretty good pass rush. That's it.

JP did some good things and some bad things. He's not the reason we lost.

The worst mistake he made was the first fumble.  It was just inexcusable.  He saw the blitz and moved to his right to avoid it...he either needed to throw the ball away instead of running or he needed to tuck the ball away and take off running.  The slow slide to the left with his arm cocked back was just a horrible decision.

784486[/snapback]

I don't think he saw the blitz or else he wouldn't have cocked his arm back right into the guy blitzing him. I think he started rolling out naturally or else the play was designed for him to roll out.

Those things just happen with quarterbacks. The ball is completely exposed when you rooster your arm. The same thing happened to Tom Brady on his first play from scrimmage this year. There's no way a quarterback gets through a whole season without that play happening.

Jp's not the future.

784478[/snapback]

Too early to tell yet. He does hold on to the ball way too long. He doesn't think about running as an option anymore...to the extreme. When he does run, well, you saw what happens. I think he tries to hard to make things happen instead of staying within himself. His decision-making process still has a lot to be desired. Pennington ran a clinic out there. Look how he took advantage of the bills blitz early in the game for the big play that led to their first td. Pennington has half the talent as JP but is three times the QB!

I don't think he saw the blitz or else he wouldn't have cocked his arm back right into the guy blitzing him.  I think he started rolling out naturally or else the play was designed for him to roll out.

Those things just happen with quarterbacks.  The ball is completely exposed when you rooster your arm.  The same thing happened to Tom Brady on his first play from scrimmage this year.  There's no way a quarterback gets through a whole season without that play happening.

784510[/snapback]

If he didn't see the blitz I agree, those things happen. I'll have to look at it again but my first impression was that he saw it (hell, I saw it PRE-SNAP and was yelling at the TV, "watch the blitz!")

I really don't know what to say.  You can't say it's ok.  Jauron needs to really be hard on Jp this week.  "YOU BLEW THE GAME JP!"  Very poor outing by JP today. :)

784356[/snapback]

Jp shouldn`t be a starter in this league,we just don`t have anybody else to go with.............were cooked.!

Neither is "you're" grammar.

The difference in the game was that the Bills had NO pass rush and the Jets had a pretty good pass rush.  That's it.

JP did some good things and some bad things.  He's not the reason we lost.

784494[/snapback]

I couldn't say it better :)

I really don't know what to say.  You can't say it's ok.  Jauron needs to really be hard on Jp this week.  "YOU BLEW THE GAME JP!"  Very poor outing by JP today. :)

784356[/snapback]

Do you even understand the game of football?

Because if you claim to, explain to me how JP is responsible for two missed blocks by McGahee that resulted in blind-side fumbles.

Losman was not at his best today but he also did his best to keep the team in the game and took some risks. Some panned out. Some did not. Get over it and get over the week in, week out changes in your analysis of the players ie. JP sucks, JP rules. It's very high school.

The fumble that really hurt wasn't even JP's fault.  McGahee was there to pick up the blitz and didn't even slow the guy down.

784476[/snapback]

He is young and has a lot to learn but NOT blaming him for fumbling the ball is a joke.

Jp shouldn`t be a starter in this league,we just don`t have anybody else to go with.............were cooked.!

784524[/snapback]

In case you missed it, Losman was our entire offense today. McGahee ran up a ton of yards between the 20s but was nonexistant when we needed him (of course I'm loathe to put much blame on him because the playcalling was horrendous).

He is young and has a lot to learn but NOT blaming him for fumbling the ball is a joke.

784542[/snapback]

Not on that play. His arm was cocked back to throw deep, ANY QB who gets hit there fumbles the ball. All he needed was McGahee to be a speed bump and he would have gotten the ball away. Once again WM whiffs completely on a blitz pickup.

784542[/snapback]

I have a hard time bashing JP when no one is protecting his blind side and he's under pressure all day. No quarterback is able to protect the ball when he's under attack like that.

I don't think he saw the blitz or else he wouldn't have cocked his arm back right into the guy blitzing him.  I think he started rolling out naturally or else the play was designed for him to roll out.

Those things just happen with quarterbacks.  The ball is completely exposed when you rooster your arm.  The same thing happened to Tom Brady on his first play from scrimmage this year.  There's no way a quarterback gets through a whole season without that play happening.

784510[/snapback]

I'd disagree. I think the game today came down to mistakes.

The Jets had 0 turnovers. The Bills had 3 (plus lots of other mistakes, killing drives and what not).

Jets didn't make them, Bills did. The one that the Jets made almost cost them a win too if Losman would have played better on the last drive.

The one that the Jets made almost cost them a win too if Losman would have played better on the last drive.

784557[/snapback]

Did you really expect the Bills to drive 60 yards with 1TO and 1 minute left on the clock (in a downpour to boot)? He didn't look good there but it didn't cost the Bills anything as the game was over.

784542[/snapback]

You are absolutely correct. It would be better if he had not fumbled. I think the point people here need to realize is that Tom Brady, 3 time Super Bowl champ, has done the EXACT same thing TWICE in the last two weeks. Should he be yanked, too?

I'd disagree.  I  think the game today came down to mistakes.

The Jets had 0 turnovers.  The Bills had 3 (plus lots of other mistakes, killing drives and what not).

784557[/snapback]

Two of the three turnovers were because Losman's blind side was completely unprotected. As for the Jets, it's really easy to NOT make mistakes when there's no pass rush.

Good defense makes the other team make mistakes. The difference today was the pass rush, not the quarterbacks.

784542[/snapback]

The first fumble, yes, I agree, it was Losman's fault. He held the ball too long (he did that often today; makes me wonder a bit if this bargain basement WR corp was getting open).

On that 2nd fumble, that was one of the more pathetic attempts at a blitz pickup I've seen in a while. That one is as much on McGahee as Losman. Granted, I think McGahee tried to pick him up, but failed miserably. I don't think its unreasonable for Losman to have expected McGahee to have been more effective on the play.

You are absolutely correct. It would be better if he had not fumbled. I think the point people here need to realize is that Tom Brady, 3 time Super Bowl champ, has done the EXACT same thing TWICE in the last two weeks. Should he be yanked, too?

784567[/snapback]

Whoaaaaa there partner, who said yank him?

Two of the three turnovers were because Losman's blind side was completely unprotected.  As for the Jets, it's really easy to NOT make mistakes when there's no pass rush. 

Good defense makes the other team make mistakes.  The difference today was the pass rush, not the quarterbacks.

784569[/snapback]

So? Just because it wasn't the QB's fault doesn't mean that mistakes weren't made and that it wasn't the difference in the game.

I've seen plenty of teams make no mistakes when theres a good pass rush on the QB. It all depends on how well the offensive line/backs are at picking up blitzes, and the QBs at getting rid of the football.

Whoever wins the turnover battle wins football games.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the pass rush was a big part of the loss, it was. But it was only one facet of the overall mistakes that the Bills made, and only one part of the reason why the Jets didn't have a turnover.