Milestones for Mile High

Mile High

Well last Saturday was my birthday and the only one to wish me a Happy Birthday on this board was Mead. Thanks Mead youdaman. Last year at least someone started a thread..... J/K J/k. Anyway, the day was so perfect and I don't usually get into my personal life on a message board, but I thought I'd kinda share the day with you, my internet peeps. The lady and I went out to her "camp" that her family owns up here in the Adirondacks and we spent the entire day out there. Started the day off right with a bottle of nice wine and kind of set the tone. We later fished off the dock then canoed around a little bit while enjoying the mountain views.

The next part got kinda tricky because she didn't know what was to come. I stayed on the dock while she went up to cook us dinner and told her I would be fishing until darkness settled in. So she went up the path, while I ran around preparing everything. The walk to the house from the lake to the house is about 100 or so yards up the path. Now was the time. I set up 50 votives all the way up the path. Grabbed the champagne from the lake that I stashed there earlier in the day and hid it behind the boat. Then, I went up to the house to ensure she didn't suspect anything. And well she didn't. Then I went back down to the dock. Luckily I had cell phone service so I called her at the house and had her come down. I told her people were lost on the lake and needed her direction. It worked!

Moving one single chair to the middle of the dock, I waited for her, with candels all around and the moon slowly rising, she came into view with tears of joy. I then asked her to sit down and told her I spoke with her father. I then got down on one knee and held her hand lightly. Telling her that this would be the best birthday present of all, I contuned on to ask for her hand in marriage. She accepted.

This was the single best day of my life. My father told me when I was a boy that when you find the "person" you'll know. And he was right. This woman is the reason for my being and I thank god for her everyday.

A day to remember and I'm the luckiest man alive.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well last Saturday was my birthday and the only one to wish me a Happy Birthday on this board was Mead.  Thanks Mead youdaman.  Last year at least someone started a thread.....  J/K J/k.  Anyway, the day was so perfect and I don't usually get into my personal life on a message board, but I thought I'd kinda share the day with you, my internet peeps.  The lady and I went out to her "camp" that her family owns up here in the Adirondacks and we spent the entire day out there.  Started the day off right with a bottle of nice wine and kind of set the tone.  We later fished off the dock then canoed around a little bit while enjoying the mountain views. 

The next part got kinda tricky because she didn't know what was to come.  I stayed on the dock while she went up to cook us dinner and told her I would be fishing until darkness settled in.  So she went up the path, while I ran around preparing everything.  The walk to the house from the lake to the house is about 100 or so yards up the path.  Now was the time.  I set up 50 votives all the way up the path.  Grabbed the champagne from the lake that I stashed there earlier in the day and hid it behind the boat.  Then, I went up to the house to ensure she didn't suspect anything.  And well she didn't.  Then I went back down to the dock.  Luckily I had cell phone service so I called her at the house and had her come down.  I told her people were lost on the lake and needed her direction.  It worked!

Moving one single chair to the middle of the dock, I waited for her, with candels all around and the moon slowly rising, she came into view with tears of joy.  I then asked her to sit down and told her I spoke with her father.  I then got down on one knee and held her hand lightly.  Telling her that this would be the best birthday present of all, I contuned on to ask for her hand in marriage.  She accepted.

This was the single best day of my life.  My father told me when I was a boy that when you find the "person" you'll know.  And he was right.  This woman is the reason for my being and I thank god for her everyday. 

783404[/snapback]

Congrats, bro! And happy (belated) birthday 0:)

Well last Saturday was my birthday and the only one to wish me a Happy Birthday on this board was Mead.  Thanks Mead youdaman.  Last year at least someone started a thread.....  J/K J/k. 

783404[/snapback]

0:)

linky

Glad you had a great day!

Congrats....you do know women change the moment they say "I do".  You get to fish now...not when you are married.  You get to watch the Bills now...not after you get married....she probably is writing the "Honey Do" list now :)

783713[/snapback]

There's something else that stops after you get married, too.... 0:)