What a difference a week makes

eball

My gut call? The odds are pretty damn good! There's a warped, sick and twisted part of me deep inside that's COUNTING on it. Let's get past the 7 sacks in Miami - everyone in the NFL is all abuzz about it, and the spinmeisters are already discounting it (B. Anderson tears a tricep, Culpepper's too slow, etc.). Look back the week before. Three sacks against New England in the first half against an offensive line that has its own commercial. THAT'S a good offensive line, and Marcia was tossed around like my beagle's squeaky toy.

I give Pennington until the third quarter AT THE OUTSIDE. Our advantage seems to come in the first half, and then we slow down (or teams adjust to the hell they're facing).

Because if your offense only scored two TDs in two games than the 7 points they're favored by seems too high.

As I said, I like to make money!

781507[/snapback]

Agreed. Seems like early season overreaction to last week's game. Yes the Bills played very well last week but you can't assume that is now the standard when 1) they have rookies all over the field and 2) the offense has shown very little punch so far this year. 6 is way too much.

Agreed.  Seems like early season overreaction to last week's game.  Yes the Bills played very well last week but you can't assume that is now the standard when  1) they have rookies all over the field  and 2) the offense has shown very little punch so far this year.  6 is way too much.

781509[/snapback]

The pass that was just off Evans fingertips would have been a TD, and Parrish had one called back that ended up a FG.

The Offense is slowly coming around.

And I think a weak Jets D is just what they need.

Buffalo 33 Jets 10.

The pass that was just off Evans fingertips would have been a TD, and Parrish had one called back that ended up a FG.

The Offense is slowly coming around.

And I think a weak Jets D is just what they need.

Buffalo 33 Jets 10.

781517[/snapback]

The pass that went off Evans' fingertips resulted in a TD, but I agree, we left points on the field and didn't make the most of every opportunity.

IIRC, the blocked punt should have resulted in a TD and on the Dolphags first series, C-Pepp fumbled and Triplett had a chance at recovering the ball inside MIA 10 yard line, but he failed to do so miserably.

I do think that 6-7 point spread is a bit excessive, but I think that's predicated with the notion that our offense will be able to get into the endzone this weekend, more than once.

The pass that went off Evans' fingertips resulted in a TD, but I agree, we left points on the field and didn't make the most of every opportunity.

781525[/snapback]

No, the Evans pass was the first ball of the second series, they ended up with a FG, the TD came after the PI later in the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/N...0060917_BUF@MIA

This team will score against the Jets.

No, the Evans pass was the first ball of the second series, they ended up with a FG, the TD came after the PI later in the game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/N...0060917_BUF@MIA

This team will score against the Jets.

781535[/snapback]

Yes, now I remember that play--it would have been a tough catch, but Evans should have come down with that.

Thanks for the reminder :angry:

Agreed.  Seems like early season overreaction to last week's game.  Yes the Bills played very well last week but you can't assume that is now the standard when  1) they have rookies all over the field  and 2) the offense has shown very little punch so far this year.  6 is way too much.

781509[/snapback]

The standard is 3 for homefield. Beyond that, I can see the Bills as 2.5 or 3 point favorites over the Jets head-to-head. 1.5 to 2 is probably more like it, but 2.5 to 3 is not unreasonable.

Honestly I love this game at 5.5 and would probably still take it at 6. But I will definitely admit to a hometown bias. The good news is, I bet with a guy from the greater NY metropolis, and everyone is Jets fans so they always hammer on their team with the wagering. The line is always skewed and you end up benefiting from a half-point or a point adjustment when betting against the NYG or NYJ. I'll take it!

Bills, home opener, throwbacks, speedy safeties jumping all over Pennington lobs...How do they NOT cover??? :angry:

This game should be a no bet, imo. It's two teams under two new regimes and they've only played two games each so far. I think it's way too early to draw any sort of conclusions about either team. Would anyone REALLY be surprised if the team with the smart, veteran QB won? OTOH, would anyone REALLY be surprised if the Bills solidly beat the Jets on the strength of their defense? Eh. 5.5 is a lot of points to give up in what could be a very low scoring game, so I'd pass.

This game should be a no bet, imo.  It's two teams under two new regimes and they've only played two games each so far.  I think it's way too early to draw any sort of conclusions about either team.  Would anyone REALLY be surprised if the team with the smart, veteran QB won?  OTOH, would anyone REALLY be surprised if the Bills solidly beat the Jets on the strength of their defense?  Eh.  5.5 is a lot of points to give up in what could be a very low scoring game, so I'd pass.

781667[/snapback]

0:)

This is the stuff that always cracks me up about gambling. (I'm not calling you out in any form Ozy, don't read this the wrong way...)

There is always some guy with a comment when you make a bet, whatever it is, and the conversation goes something like this:

Me: "I took the over in the Chargers-49ers game."

Him: "Over what?"

Me: "41."

Him (scratching his chin): "Hmmmm...I guess that probably would go over. But I dunno...It could stay under."

No schit buddy! That's why it's the line! And that guy is always right there after the game finishes 23-17 and he says "I told you it was going to stay under."

Ozy- I know what you're saying. You think the game could go either way, but will more than likely be close, so the 5.5 or 6 is too many. I wasn't lumping you in with the crowd who takes no stance on any game whatsoever, and then criticizes someone else's picks.

By the way, the Bills have covered one home opener in a row. :P