A Jets Fan's Perspective

ronnydynamic

Hey guys,

How's it going? I just wanted to stop by and talk some friendly football.

I watched your first two games and I can tell you right now that I'm jealous. Jauron has done great things with this team and I could only wish that we had a hungry looking defense like yours. As a long time suffering Jets fan I haven't seen a Jets defense that can get after the QB since "The Sack Exchange" with Gastineau and Klecko. If you guys had a QB, you could do some major damage in this league.

That being said... this game scares the hell out of me. Although we scored 17 unanswered points on the Pats the final score wasn't a true indicator of what took place in the game. Yes we showed a lot of heart but plenty of weaknesses continued to show up.

On the negative side, we have absolutely zero pass rush and have been playing too soft ont he WR's giving them a cushion. Which means I doubt we can get pressure on Losman which will keep him from making mistakes and allowing him to manage the game. McGahee should be able to run on us as well since we're still playing the 3-4 with personnel not cut out for it.

On the plus side, Chad is playing awesome and if we can keep him from getting hit too much we may have a chance to score some points. But, since we have no rushing attack, I think we're in for a long day.

I'm not here to talk sh--. On paper you guys should out-match us but like they say... On any given sunday.

So, I'll be rooting hard for the Jets and wish you guys luck oh and thanks for embarrasing the Fish last week showing those guppie fans the real Culpepper and not the so-called savior of the franchise.

i dont think you guys match up real well with us, but yeah, like you said, any given sunday.

i said in another thread that mcgahee has yet to be slowed down by the jets, and i don't foresee them doing it this game either

additionally, the jets passrush is nonexistant to date, so that's even better for us.

another point is you guys can't run the ball (our weakness), but are decent at passing - but, our passrush seems to be pretty good.

in any event, best of luck, and i hope the bills win :blush:

edit: i see you're unfortunately stuck smack in dolphin country like myself.

Thanks for stopping by and offering something other than the typical troll "you suck" b.s.

Most of us are giddy with optimism following the first two games, but realize the team has a long way to go. We still don't know if Losman is the man, but zero turnovers in two road games is a heluva start.

I've been impressed with Pennington so far; count me in the group who thought he was done after the 2nd surgery.

I'm sure losing Abraham has really hurt your D-line.

I'm not a great predictor of NFL results, but if I had to guess I'd say this one will be close through the 3rd quarter unless the turnover battle is lopsided one way or the other. The Bills' fan in me believes that Buffalo is riding a big high and won't wilt in the home opener.

Here's to a well-played, injury-free game.

I'm not here to talk sh--.  On paper you guys should out-match us but like they say... On any given sunday.

So, I'll be rooting hard for the Jets and wish you guys luck oh and thanks for embarrasing the Fish last week showing those guppie fans the real Culpepper and not the so-called savior of the franchise.

780725[/snapback]

Hey there were a lot of Bills fans pulling for the JETS over the Pats, trust me.

PATS and DOLPFAGS are on top of the hate list.

I do like Jerricho Cotchery. As an NC State Wolfpack season ticket holder, I watched him all thru college. The guy will be a stud in the NFL.

But I think Chad won't have any time to throw to him this Sunday.

Bills 24 Jets 13

Good post. Welcome.

I think one of the biggest misnomers about your game last week was how you got 14 of those points. The Coles TD was a thing of beauty and I think he was able to make that play because he got an absolutely crushing and well-timed block from (I believe it was) your TE, Baker.

The Cotchery score was a freakin' fluke, but a great effort nonetheless.

The weakness I saw came in Chad's last deep ball to Coles, which Coles would've taken for six if the ball could reach him. Instead, he had to come back for it, which I think is indicative of Chad's arm in general, but especially in the fourth quarter.

Still in all, we're coming off two road games, one of which was played in intense heat, and I have concern about our durability. Simply relying on the power of it being the home opener won't get it done.

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Why can't he be serious about them scoring on us if Pennington is unhindered? It's not like we're the Steel Curtain or anything.

780742[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that we haven't stopped any run attacks yet, Mike Mularkey was the only one who did that for us.

i dont think you guys match up real well with us, but yeah, like you said, any given sunday.

i said in another thread that mcgahee has yet to be slowed down by the jets, and i don't foresee them doing it this game either

additionally, the jets passrush is nonexistant to date, so that's even better for us.

another point is you guys can't run the ball (our weakness), but are decent at passing - but, our passrush seems to be pretty good.

in any event, best of luck, and i hope the bills win :lol:

edit: i see you're unfortunately stuck smack in dolphin country like myself.

780731[/snapback]

I like being in Fish Country. I'm also a cop so I get to pull over anyone with a customized Dolphins license plate or bumper sticker. :blush:

This game will in no way be a walkover. I don't care how we match up, its a division game and they're usually tough. Buffalo historically has a habit of making poor running games look good, poor QBs look like pro-bowlers, and poor defenses look like the steel curtain. I hope this Bills team is different, has a new attitude and killer instinct, and proves me absolutely wrong by burying the Jets.

RTB