For all those wanting Nugent

VABills

We hear that Jets PK Mike Nugent had a terrible warm-up prior to the Week 1 game at Tennessee, and that was weighing on his mind as he missed a point-after kick and two chip-shot field goals. While the Jets aren't looking to replace the 2005 second-round pick, they also are keeping their options open, bringing in Paul Edinger, Owen Pochman and Tyler Jones for tryouts. Word is the tryouts were intended to be a wake-up call for Nugent, who was handed the job in the first days of training camp. He responded positively in Week 2, making both PATs and his only FG try.

Is he already on the outs?

He's okay.  Tell me again how many probowls has he been to?  <_<

779600[/snapback]

I guess judging Moormans performance by # of pro-bowls is unfair to him.

Punters who usually have the highest gross average go to the pro-bowl.

All other stats like # of times pinned inside the 20, inside the 10 etc is ignored.

Shane Lechler who has been an outstanding punter and the one who usually goes to the pro-bowl plays in the confines of the Oakland stadium where the weather is not as wretched as in RWS during Nov/Dec. However Probowl voters don't take that aspect into consideration, especially considering that they are voting for a Punter, not the QB.

Hell and some here wanted Nugent and get rid of Lindell.  Tell me again how's Lindell doing?

779592[/snapback]

I was one who wanted Nugent, and I still have no explanation for how Lindell turned himself around. In 2004, he was 1/3 from 40+ with an attempted long of 43. Since then, he hasn't missed from beyond 50. Steriods? Anyone?

I was one who wanted Nugent, and I still have no explanation for how Lindell turned himself around.  In 2004, he was 1/3 from 40+ with an attempted long of 43.  Since then, he hasn't missed from beyond 50.  Steriods?  Anyone?

779671[/snapback]

your the only one bud