Best Sports Bar- Best Wings

Buffalo Mike1

I know this has been debated time after time, but I am coming up for the home opener and do not get to Buffalo very often. Would like a comparison one more time. Went to the Anchor Bar last time, was not that impressed. Wings, Beef on a Weck, Pizza- Sports Bar. Any help will be appreciated.

For big, meaty, chickens-on-steroids wings, I like Gabriel's Gate on Allen Street (btwn Delaware & Elmwood). Thay have an OK beef too, but for that I like Mister Dee's on Beach Road in Cheektowaga - tasty, rare, melt-in-your-mouth tender roast beef on fresh kummelweck - mmmm, I could go for one right now.

If you're in the Southtowns around the stadium in Orchard Park, take the 7-minute drive on 20A to East Aurora. Small place, the Bar Bill, has the plumpest finest tasting wing I have ever had. They have about 10 varieties, and the medium wing is unequaled in my book.

If you are downtown, I have never tried them but like someone mentioned, Gabriel's Gate always receives glowing reports.

Sports bar with good food......is Casa Di Pizza on Elmwood Ave.......wings are decent but I would go to Gabriels Gate for those (down the street) then head over to Casa Di Pizza afterwards

779082[/snapback]

very good wings at gabriels gate . have had them 3 times medium for me .

In Buffalo, or out of Buffalo.

In: La Nova.

He in VA, not much, but there is a place that' got a few stores open now, called Buffalo Filly, in Woodbridge, Lorton and Lake Ridge. Pretty good sized wings and not bad tasting. Gotta ask extra crispy or they are a little on the "soggy side"

If you're in the Southtowns around the stadium in Orchard Park, take the 7-minute drive on 20A to East Aurora.  Small place, the Bar Bill, has the plumpest finest tasting wing I have ever had.  They have about 10 varieties, and the medium wing is unequaled in my book.

If you are downtown, I have never tried them but like someone mentioned, Gabriel's Gate always receives glowing reports.

779122[/snapback]

Staying at the Residence Inn in Cheektawonga. Probably rent a car, but everything looks close enough to cab it. The Bar Bill sounds cool.

For Beef on Weck, it has to be Schwabl's in West Seneca. It's a VERY small place, no TV's, and there may be a wait; but it is definitely worth it.

It's on Center Rd about 100 yards East of Union. So it's very easy to get to from either the hotel you are staying at or the stadium.

Schwabl's Restaurant

789 Center Rd

West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 674-9821

For Beef on Weck, it has to be Schwabl's in West Seneca.  It's a VERY small place, no  TV's, and there may be a wait; but it is definitely worth it.

It's on Center Rd about 100 yards East of Union.  So it's very easy to get to from either the hotel you are staying at or the stadium.

Schwabl's Restaurant

789 Center Rd

West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 674-9821

779185[/snapback]

Thanks- That sounds like dinner on Sat. nite!

I like this site http://www.pbase.com/kjosker/buffalo_bars&page=all

Thanks- That sounds like dinner on Sat. nite!

I like this site http://www.pbase.com/kjosker/buffalo_bars&page=all

779193[/snapback]

That's a GREAT site, but beware - some of the names of those places have changed (i.e, The Blackstone is now Allen Street Bar & Grill - used to be the old "Pink").

Mulligan's Brick Bar, Nietzsche's, Allen Street Bar & Grill et al are all on Allen St. w/in a block of Gabriel's Gate.

Sounds like your hotel is just a short hop from Mister Dee's.

If you're in the Southtowns around the stadium in Orchard Park, take the 7-minute drive on 20A to East Aurora.  Small place, the Bar Bill, has the plumpest finest tasting wing I have ever had.  They have about 10 varieties, and the medium wing is unequaled in my book.

779122[/snapback]

Any place that has ten varieties of wings does not have the best wings no matter what. Unless they are all the same wing and sauce, just a 1-10 degree of hot, like Vietnamese food.

Any place that has ten varieties of wings does not have the best wings no matter what. Unless they are all the same wing and sauce, just a 1-10 degree of hot, like Vietnamese food.

779370[/snapback]

I fully respect that opinion and can see where you are coming from. It sounds like some greasy pizza joint that just whips up a bunch of different wings, all equally crappy.

However, I can fully attest, these are without a doubt the best wings I have ever had, and I've been around the block a few times. It is not a wing place, it is a small bar. Probably 7-8 tables and about 15-20 barstools. One of the best, beef on weck's in Buffalo also. Sliced fresh onto the roll in front of your eyes.

I have brought many people to the BarBill and just about every single person has agreed that they are the largest, tastiest wing they have ever had.