Best Sports Bar- Best Wings

Buffalo Mike1

I fully respect that opinion and can see where you are coming from.  It sounds like some greasy pizza joint that just whips up a bunch of different wings, all equally crappy.

However, I can fully attest, these are without a doubt the best wings I have ever had, and I've been around the block a few times.  It is not a wing place, it is a small bar.  Probably 7-8 tables and about 15-20 barstools.  One of the best, beef on weck's in Buffalo also.  Sliced fresh onto the roll in front of your eyes.

I have brought many people to the BarBill and just about every single person has agreed that they are the largest, tastiest wing they have ever had.

779478[/snapback]

agreed!!!

Ladies & Gentlemen, Without No Doubt: THE best Beef on Weck in town is at Schwabl's. Not a sports bar though. Just go for the food. Prime beef sliced to order right at the bar!

For Beef on Weck, it has to be Schwabl's in West Seneca.  It's a VERY small place, no  TV's, and there may be a wait; but it is definitely worth it.

It's on Center Rd about 100 yards East of Union.  So it's very easy to get to from either the hotel you are staying at or the stadium.

Schwabl's Restaurant

789 Center Rd

West Seneca, NY 14224

(716) 674-9821

779185[/snapback]

For Wings, there's certainly a bunch of great places to go. But I personally favor those at the Buffalo Brew Pub (1 block West of Transit near Main). Ask for 'em extra crispy and they can't be beat. Lots of great beers too.

We're bringing back 62 of our local BB chapter for the Vikes game and will be meeting there on the Saturday before the game. Like I mentioned plenty of great Wing places but we're going there.

For Wings, I would go with the Bar Bill, Buffalo Brew Pub, Elmo's or Duff's. (I haven't been to the other bars mentioned, so have absolutely no comments on them.)

Elmo's and Duff's are kind of out of the way from where you're staying and opposite direction from the Stadium, but the Brew Pub isn't too far from your hotel. The Bar Bill isn't too close to your hotel, but it isn't too far (~10 minutes) from the Stadium.

It's been a while since I was able to get to the Brew Pub, but it had TV's near the bar (might have more now, I just don't know), let you throw your peanut shells on the floor, and had an excellent selection of beers, including several of their own brews.

It was one of the 1st 10 microbrewery pubs to open up in the US back in the '80's. (I can't remember if it's the 4th or the 8th.)

Best wings I've ever had were the bbq ones served at La Hacienda-Brighton in Kenmore. Wow. Talk about a unique taste. Partially deep fried, but then tossed in this great bbq sauce then thrown on the grill to finish cooking.

Try 'em. Soon. Its worth the trip (across from Kenmore EAST High School I think it was).

Pizza - Bocce's. Or Bob & John's on Hertel as a close second.

Sports bar - USED to be Damon's in Williamsville (decent menu, but tons of HUGE TV's, good prices)... but now who knows?

Best wings I've ever had were the bbq ones served at La Hacienda-Brighton in Kenmore.  Wow.  Talk about a unique taste.  Partially deep fried, but then tossed in this great bbq sauce then thrown on the grill to finish cooking.

Try 'em.  Soon.  Its worth the trip (across from Kenmore EAST High School I think it was).

Pizza - Bocce's.  Or Bob & John's on Hertel as a close second.

Sports bar - USED to be Damon's in Williamsville (decent menu, but tons of HUGE TV's, good prices)... but now who knows?

779767[/snapback]

Thanks- the replies have been flying in all day. Grilled are always great. The Bar Bill Tavern has alot of votes.

779767[/snapback]

Best sports bar is Buffalo Wild WIngs - BUT they have terrible food. If you are going for the drink and sport it is the place to be.

THe best combo of sports and food is likely Casa di Pizza - some of the best wings int he area and THE BEST PIZZA. However, they only have three TV's above the bar and five small TV's scattered in the seating area.