The Difference This Year

Frez

I DID like when he put (or tried to) a washed up, whining Moulds in his place.

779212[/snapback]

Off topic, but that "washed up" Eric Moulds has caught 37 balls for 432 yards in his last 5 games (the games since his suspension).

Let me do the math for you on that. That's 7.4 receptions and 86.4 yards per game. If you extrapolate that out over a 16 game season its 118 receptions for 1382 yards. That's with the likes of Holcomb and Carr throwing him the ball. Moulds was a malcontent and a cancer in the locker room last year but the guy is not yet "washed up".

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moulds may have had some issues last year, rightfully so IMHO. Moulds is an aging veteran who saw the Bills come off a 9-7 year in '04. They were a game away from the playoffs. The next year there was high expectations and Mularkey and company blew the deal big time. I can understand Moulds speaking up last year, I'm glad someone did because it was a debacle. I was sad to see him go although I know we couldn't afford him this year, and he doesn't fit in to our rebuilding/get young philosophy. However, Moulds will always be one of my favorite post Kelly era Bills and I wish him the best in Houston.

I'm guessing that last year was way worse than any of us will ever know....

Kelsay said, "Dick Jauron is a great man and a great coach. He is a players coach. He puts us in a position to win. Everyone in this locker room respects him. And I'll leave it at that."

From the Fox Sports article on the TBD front page. Kelsay was asked if the team would implodewhen Vincent was placed on IR just like last year post-Miami game. The reference was to Meathead.

I'm guessing that last year was way worse than any of us will ever know....

From the Fox Sports article on the TBD front page.  Kelsay was asked if the team would implodewhen Vincent was placed on IR just like last year post-Miami game.  The reference was to Meathead.

779792[/snapback]

Wow sounds like they love this guy.

Moulds may have had some issues last year, rightfully so IMHO.  Moulds is an aging veteran who saw the Bills come off a 9-7 year in '04.  They were a game away from the playoffs.  The next year there was high expectations and Mularkey and company blew the deal big time.  I can understand Moulds speaking up last year, I'm glad someone did because it was a debacle.  I was sad to see him go although I know we couldn't afford him this year, and he doesn't fit in to our rebuilding/get young philosophy.  However, Moulds will always be one of my favorite post Kelly era Bills and I wish him the best in Houston.

779781[/snapback]

Likewise. (And welcome to the board!)

Sorry to jump off topic, but it's Tuesday night, and the euphoria from Sunday's throttling is beginning to ebb, and it's time to begin directing thoughts towards NEXT Sunday. To tie it in with "What's the Difference This Year".....?

Speed! Speed! Speed!

Wow! The defense is.....well, it's just entertaining as hell! And that's what's starting to spook me about this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I think THINK we're going to murdulize 'em (to quote Bugs Bunny). But two great ways to play against a fast defense are:

1) Run on 'em

2) Screen 'em and play-action 'em to death

I don't see a solid J-E-T-S running game, particularly when keyed by Trey Teague. No knock on the guy (well, I guess that's a straw-man argument), but the management decided that Fowler was an upgrade. But that's not a power running group. Problem for the Jets is that you-know-who can't throw more than 30 yards in the air, either. So what do they do?

Suck us in, suck us in, suck us in. Hope the coaching staff keeps a leash on at least one linebacker.

Or am I overanalyzing it all again? Should I just sit back and enjoy the ride?

Sorry to jump off topic, but it's Tuesday night, and the euphoria from Sunday's throttling is beginning to ebb, and it's time to begin directing thoughts towards NEXT Sunday.  To tie it in with "What's the Difference This Year".....?

Speed!  Speed!  Speed!

Wow!  The defense is.....well, it's just entertaining as hell!  And that's what's starting to spook me about this weekend.  Don't get me wrong, I think THINK  we're going to murdulize 'em (to quote Bugs Bunny).  But two great ways to play against a fast defense are:

1) Run on 'em

2) Screen 'em and play-action 'em to death

I don't see a solid J-E-T-S running game, particularly when keyed by Trey Teague.  No knock on the guy (well, I guess that's a straw-man argument), but the management decided that Fowler was an upgrade.  But that's not a power running group.  Problem for the Jets is that you-know-who can't throw more than 30 yards in the air, either.  So what do they do?

Suck us in, suck us in, suck us in.  Hope the coaching staff keeps a leash on at least one linebacker.

Or am I overanalyzing it all again?  Should I just sit back and enjoy the ride?

779936[/snapback]

I think your concerns are valid. Factor in a team riding high, coming home defying expectations, Pennington's arm tailor made to exploit the acknowledged weakness of our defensive scheme, and the mix is there for a potential loss. On the other hand, I love how fast the defense is over the first two games, and I'd be willing to take our chances. PF seems to know how to mix up his schemes, so I'm just willing to roll with it and take it as it comes. Maybe we hit a roadbloack, maybe not, but this team wants to compete. It's also apparently starting to believe in itself (assuming of course they didn't believe in themselves to start with, which we have no way of knowing). Tomorrow's Sunday, right???

Simon sez it aint the coach. We get it.

Do you really? Did you miss the part where I said "the Bills definitely needed to switch out both coordinators"? You know, the coaches that call the game who I was hoping to see canned.

I can understand Moulds speaking up last year, I'm glad someone did because it was a debacle.

That might be worth debating, but unfortunatley Moulds "spoke up" (i.e. quit on his teammates) while the Bills were beating the hell out of the phish. WHich sure gives the impression that he wasn't speaking up for the team (that he quit on) but instead was speaking up for Eric Moulds, who wasn't getting enough balls that day.

The guy walked off the field and quit on his team in the middle of a divisional battle. As far as I'm concerned he's got 0 credibility and will never be worth listening to again.

That might be worth debating, but unfortunatley Moulds "spoke up" (i.e. quit on his teammates) while the Bills were beating the hell out of the phish. WHich sure gives the impression that he wasn't speaking up for the team (that he quit on) but instead was speaking up for Eric Moulds, who wasn't getting enough balls that day.

The guy walked off the field and quit on his team in the middle of a divisional battle. As far as I'm concerned he's got 0 credibility and will never be worth listening to again.

780102[/snapback]

But but but... he wanted to win now... :angry:

Amen, brother Simon!

Do you really? Did you miss the part where I said "the Bills definitely needed to switch out both coordinators"? You know, the coaches that call the game who I was hoping to see canned.

780102[/snapback]

I was getting to the end of the thread thinking..."Gee, Simon's post has been misread/misinterpreted & attacked by several people here...."

I don't know(or care) what you have said in the past. You clearly stated your acknowledgement of a coaching upgrade & perhaps were implying that Marv should be getting some of the credit as well as the players.

Everyone else should just pull their heads in.

Read between the lines of Chris Brown's latest blog entry. No, I take that back -- you don't HAVE to read between the lines, because he puts everything right out in the open:

LIKING THIS STAFF

"It's very refreshing to see a coaching staff actually do what it says it will."

and

"To see these adjustments from the coaching staff is a very encouraging sign to me. They not only make adjustments with their schemes, they also make them with their personnel. Too many coordinators in this league are too pigheaded to alter their approach or philosophy. Seeing how open minded and creative Fairchild and Fewell have been is a breath of fresh air.

"Much like people are realizing what a strong draft class Buffalo has assembled, they'll also soon realize what a strong staff Jauron has assembled as well."

But but but... he wanted to win now...

Next we'll probably be hearing about the heroic refusal of Sam "The Patriot" Adams to play within the confines of the scheme. :angry:

Everyone else should just pull their heads in.

Or pull them out :angry: