Haha Michael Huff

kota

So it's not okay for people that are paid to give their opinions to do so before the seasons starts, but it's perfectly acceptable for you to have it all figured out after two games?

779006[/snapback]

Ohhhhh, Ohhhh, Burn! Burn!

I can't wait for the reply to this.

You say it like it's a good thing.  All it means is that the LB in front of him, isn't doing his job.

779332[/snapback]

That's not really true. Where the safeties end up on the field depends a lot on what the offensive formations are. Many times, a safety will play like a LB regardless of the defensive system (46 D, cover 2, etc...) - more so for the SS than the FS.

Mel Kiper's mommy, welcome to the board!

779327[/snapback]

:pirate:

I'm not saying I agree with any of them, but laughing at their stupid statements while making one of your own is kind of ignorant...no?

And that "but...but.." crap is annoying.

We should be thanking the Raiders for taking Huff and not Lienhart (which they could use right about now)

If that happened there is a real chance that the bills would have traded down and possibly lost out on Whitner....because they probably thought they could get one or the other a little later....

When Huff went to the Raiders....it was fate

Michael Huff will be just fine, when and if the Raiders put some NFL talent in front of him!! If Huff had been drafted by the Buffalo Bills in April, I'd have been thrilled with that pick. I'm also very happy with the extremely early returns on Donte Whitner. Try NOT to curb peoples' feelings for the rookies, it is a great class, so far....

I was hoping for Huff and was shocked when Oakland didn't take Leinart. You think they may be re-considering that now with Aaron Brooks??? Whitner and McCargo both left college early and are very young. For Whitner to look this good, this early in the season, is a great sign. And he interviews like a vet, very smart individual. I think McCagro will get better, but he isn't an immediate impact player.

GO BILLS.........

If marv nailed on McCargo like he did Whitner.. this might be one very memorable draft class.

779002[/snapback]

We're already well on our way to that. Whitner and Simpson are both starting. McCargo and Kyle Williams are seeing the field a lot. Ellison has played most of the first two games and looked OK.

What happens if Youboty makes an impact?

If marv nailed on McCargo like he did Whitner.. this might be one very memorable draft class.

779002[/snapback]

Actually McCargo not being an immediate starter is bad for McCargo (though in terms of assessment of him as a player one simply has to wait as a player like Moulds had two not so good years and has had aproductive NFL career or if you want to miss the general point I am making that the worm can turn for any player look at a DL guy like Denney who essentially was too bad to activate his first year, but got extended this off-season and produced 3 sacks in Suday's game).

However, assessing the individual and assessing marv are two different things. Any mention of grading down Marv for McCargo not producing immediately should also be accompanied with a nod and praise for Marv drafting Williams who is contributing like the conventioal wisdome expected McCargo to.

The Marv led draft did in fact produce at the DT position about as well as Whitner has produced at S, so I think you should give him credit for a memorable draft class by your own standards.

Its not equal in that he did give up resources to trade up into the 1st but this seems like a marginal difference which does not change the overall job in filling gaps which was done.

McCargo plays regularly on a markedly improved Bill's defense and he should get credit for that. The fact that Whitner and Simpson appear to be naturals and produced measurables like veterans does not reflect poorly on McCargo. Marv could be as smug as a Christian with four Aces if he so chose, with immediate and long term contributions this draft promises(7 on the team, 1 on PS).

It's too early to punch tickets for the post season, but it just got a whole lot easier to expect. A n t i c i p a t i o n ...