I am still waiting for Peter King's MMQB but he

ACor58

While it was important, it was nowhere near as important as the virtually perfect game Brian Moorman had.  You don't pin a team inside the 10 FOUR times in one game.  It just doesn't happen.  That was an absolute clinic.

777755[/snapback]

Well said ... The addition of Moorman might be one of the few things I can give TD credit for during his reig of terror, opps, I mean stay in Buffalo

...still stuck in Nick Saban's @ss. And I quote (9/13/06):

Buffalo (0-1) at Miami (0-1)

I like the Bills a lot more than I thought I would. But if you think they're going to win at Nick Saban's house, after Saban limp-wristed the replay flag in the fourth quarter during the Pittsburgh loss and after the Dolphins have had three extra days to prepare, you're crazy.

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

777704[/snapback]

I think everyone on this board should email that to him... 0:)

While it was important, it was nowhere near as important as the virtually perfect game Brian Moorman had.  You don't pin a team inside the 10 FOUR times in one game.  It just doesn't happen.  That was an absolute clinic.

777755[/snapback]

That was a phenomenal performance.

Seriously, has anyone ever seen a punter have a game like that before?

I know you are being sarcastic, but Welker was, by far, the best player on the Dolphins yesterday...he is starting to remind me more and more of Steve Tasker, every time I see him play...he scares me more than Daunte Culpepper....

777858[/snapback]

Good post. Welker was the best Dolphin by far. Everything he does is a positive for them.

I know you are being sarcastic, but Welker was, by far, the best player on the Dolphins yesterday...he is starting to remind me more and more of Steve Tasker, every time I see him play...he scares me more than Daunte Culpepper....

777858[/snapback]

Yep. I wouldn't put him in Tasker territory yet, but he is a very good returner.

I found it very interesting that Sylvester couldn't lather enough about how bad Lindell's kick that was fair caught on the 31 was, but then raved about how great the next kickoff that went to the endzone and resulted in the fish starting out around the 37. Isn't the measure of how good a kick was the place where the other team starts with the ball?

I liked the 1st kick because it kept the ball away from Welker.

I know the fish scored 17 against Pittsburgh, but weren't most of those points set up by Welker returns and catches? He was the one guy I was actually worried about on their team.

Yep.  I wouldn't put him in Tasker territory yet, but he is a very good returner.

I found it very interesting that Sylvester couldn't lather enough about how bad Lindell's kick that was fair caught on the 31 was, but then raved about how great the next kickoff that went to the endzone and resulted in the fish starting out around the 37.  Isn't the measure of how good a kick was the place where the other team starts with the ball?

I liked the 1st kick because it kept the ball away from Welker. 

I know the fish scored 17 against Pittsburgh, but weren't most of those points set up by Welker returns and catches?  He was the one guy I was actually worried about on their team.

777922[/snapback]

I'm still convinced that if Welker EVER makes it to free agency, he's in a Buffalo Bills uniform the next day.

Especially if Marv is still the GM, no doubt in my mind. Seems like Welker is a Buffalo Bill trapped in Miami.

Buffalo might be a contender. The Bills have now beaten up the Patriots in one division road loss and embarrassed the Dolphins in a road win. The common element in both games: The Bills' defense is playoff-caliber. "The NFL didn't do us any favors with the schedule,'' linebacker London Fletcher told me. "But you just play what the schedule says. Now at least I think we've shown that when you play us, it's going to be a long day.''

In eight quarters, Buffalo has not allowed a rushing touchdown and has 10 sacks and at least 12 additional quarterback pressures. Fletcher credits new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's system. "Nothing against coach [Jerry] Gray's scheme, but there was so much in it,'' Fletcher said. "This is simpler. Not as much to think about, more reacting than thinking. It lets us cut loose and get to the quarterback.''

link to today's MMQB

g. I thought the Giants signed Sam Madison to help their secondary, not be an arsonist. Bumping at the line is supposed to be one of the things he does well, but he whiffed on Donte' Stallworth's first-half 22-yard TD reception from Donovan McNabb. Stallworth was open all day.
Ex-Felon POS. 0:)

I think everyone on this board should email that to him...  0:)

777910[/snapback]

King had a lot of nice things to say about the Bills in his column today, mentioning the defense a couple of times, calling them a possible contender, placing them among his "Fine Fifteen" and naming Coy Wire special teams player of the week.

I know it seems hard to believe but I don't think Peter King goes out of his way to legitmately bash the Bills. Now Bill Simmons on the other hand...

Well said ... The addition of Moorman might be one of the few things I can give TD credit for during his reig of terror, opps, I mean stay in Buffalo

777902[/snapback]

But he missed out on Shayne Graham, when he cut him after 4 games.

That's what set me off. They replayed that stupid hit 3 or 4 times and then acted shocked when the Fins lined up at the one but never gave Moorman his due.

777820[/snapback]

To be fair, after Miami got a first down, Gumbel pointed out how "Miami is digging themselves out of a hole after a pretty good punt by Brian Moorman."

I imagine a "good" punt goes out of bounds with a single blade of grass between the nose of the ball and the line of the end zone.