Does anyone know where Drew Bledsoe Lives?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I have been a Bledsoe supporter since the beginning and I still am. Drew has his faults just like every other QB in the league. He isn't however the sole problem with this offense. There are 11 guys on the field.

Here are a list of mistakes made by the Offense that doesn't have anything to do with Bledsoe.

1) Bledsoe getting tripped by his lineman. 1st sack of the game. Killed a drive there.

2) Henry falling on 3rd and 2.

3) Henry going the wrong way on 4th and 2.

4) dropped passes.

5) offsides and holding penalties.

6) OLine's inability to stop the rush.

7) Poor blocking by the backs.

8) Play calling.

Here are Bledsoes mistakes.

1) the Interception.

2) the fumble. Does really matter anyway. Was 4th down and New England would have run out the clock.

3) A few bad passes. Brady threw a few himself yesterday.

Bledsoe played good yesterday but not great. This offense is so close to success it is scary. They really could be a 20+ scoring offense if they start to click. Bledsoe evaded people for most of the day. He stepped up into the pocket. He did play action very well. Running side to side is a problem for Bledsoe but it wouldn't be a problem if the OLine could block.

The only thing i wish Bledsoe would do it get into his offenses face and chew them out. I do see him talking to his guys in the huddle but it isn't exactly an emotional outburst.

Apology Billsfanone? You called me a liar. When you are done apologizing do you mind addressing my post. I reiterate- Darrell Jackson led the NFL in drops last year with 12, Koren Robinson was second in the NFL in drops with 10. Despite this Hassleback still took his team to the playoffs, passed for 26 TDs and had an 89 QB rating. Why does Hassleback not need "what if" posts? See what a good QB is capable of?

you truly are a jackass.  Try google- lets see second hit-

SLIPPERY HANDS

Plaxico Burress has endured recent criticism for dropped passes, much of it deserving. But it turns out he isn't close to being the worst offender in the AFC. In fact, one of his Pro Bowl teammates is equally unreliable at snaring catchable balls.

The Web site sport.excite.com has compiled a list of NFL leaders in dropped passes. Burress has four and is tied for ninth in the conference with 10 players, including teammate Hines Ward.

Travis Taylor of the Baltimore Ravens leads the AFC with eight, and the Seattle Seahawks' Darrell Jackson leads the NFL with 12.

STATS, Inc., reports that the Steelers have 18 total drops, tied with the Atlanta Falcons for 10th in the league.

56330[/snapback]

Again, the NFL does not keep "dropped pass" records. Other organizations may but that doesn't mean I have to believe them. I think your point is that if Matt Hasselback could do it last season, why couldn't Drew...well didn't Matt have a healthy set of receivers all season? Didn't Drew have a gimpy Moulds and no other viable option? Everybody was bad last season including Drew. Let me ask you something...when does Travis Henry get some of this Bledsoe Bashing anger? Oh that's right, his "s" don't stink. Bench Drew, I saw him tripping Travis Henry! We have a runningback who can't freakin run and people are bashing Drew Bledsoe! It's a sad day when football knowledge takes a back seat here.

:(

Apology Billsfanone?  You called me a liar.  When you are done apologizing do you mind addressing my post.  I reiterate- Darrell Jackson led the NFL in drops last year with 12, Koren Robinson was second in the NFL in drops with 10.  Despite this Hassleback still took his team to the playoffs, passed for 26 TDs and had an 89 QB rating.  Why does Hassleback not need "what if" posts?  See what a good QB is capable of?

56359[/snapback]

Try getting my name right Paul. BTW, I was right.

And that's the entire problem with the Bledsoe backers.

ANY prefessional level quarterback who is given 5 seconds will look GREAT.

The great ones are the ones that know how to improvise, or just get the job done no matter what. Even some of the time. If he doesnt have a SOLID 3.5 seconds, he looks absolutlty lost.

Did you see Brady stand in the Endzone for a solid 4 seconds, never once panicked, and completed a pass?

Drew would have crapped himself, fell over, gotten sacked, seen yellow, fumbled and thrown a pick all on the one play.

56221[/snapback]

And you somehow think that if Brady was behind OUR o-line that he would sit back there for a solid 4 seconds like he does with the Pats OL? Cuz that's exactly what you're saying. If Brady were behind our line with the Pats blitz coming at him, he'd be crapping himself, falling over, getting sacked, seeing yellow, fumbling and throwing a pick all in one play.

And you call me stupid.

When I was selling my house in Colden 3 years ago, my realtor came over and told me (bragged) he had just closed on Bledsoe's house in East Aurora. He lives about 5 miles away from where I did. I was going to say the name of the road just to show off, but given the current mental state of some of you Wallers, I don't think that's a good idea.

And you somehow think that if Brady was behind OUR o-line that he would sit back there for a solid 4 seconds like he does with the Pats OL? Cuz that's exactly what you're saying. If Brady were behind our line with the Pats blitz coming at him, he'd be crapping himself, falling over, getting sacked, seeing yellow, fumbling and throwing a pick all in one play.

And you call me stupid.

56521[/snapback]

no fu-ko... you really dont watch football, do you?

Bradys line isnt THAT good. They collapse at times too.

My point is, that in a high pressure situation (being in the endzone and standing there waiting for a WR) he didnt panic. Bledsoe would have paniced.

There are alot of times when we got in Brady's face, or pressured him, and he still managed to move his feet and complete a pass.

Brady doesnt NEED the time Bledsoe does.

I know for your simple mind, my post was confusing because it made two points, but i will slow it down a step.

ANY QB that has 5 seconds will look great. So, saying "give Bledsoe time and he will look good" is an assinine statement. The point was proven yesterday when we rushed the crap outta Brady all first half, and he still got some completions.

I then went on to give a DIFFERENT example of why Brady is good. When he was in his own endzone, his line DID give him some time, but even if put in that same situation, Bledsoe seems to either panic, or get TUNNEL VISION TOWARDS MOULDS. Brady looked so calm it was as if I was watching a replay from a video game. He stood there for 5 seconds (getting better protection than his line normally gives him) and remained calm; a true sign of greatness.

And before you can say it, let me say: No, his oline is not as bad as ours, but they did show weakness yesterday, our DLine and LBs got some penetration. But even with the pressure, he looked 5 times better than Bledsoe.

Need more explaining skip?

In the mean time, why the constant bashing of a player here when there are certainly more worthy targets to take a swipe at. I don't get it at all.

56306[/snapback]

Because people here are still expressing satisfaction with Drew's play in the past 3 games. I, of course, disagree with this satisfaction. And as long as there are the grounds for discourse, I will debate. That's what people often do on these sports-related internet message boards.

I would just as easily jump in on the Coy Wire criticism, but what is there to discuss? No one here has been defending Coy Wire's play, have they?

Josh Reed? I have supported him his entire NFL career up until 3 weeks ago. No one else I know of here on TBD is currently defending Josh's play, either.

Travis Henry? Once again, we all agree that he has been a major liability in the passing game, right? His running game I suppose is more up for debate, but then there's the matter of the OL's role in that.

The OL? Well I have certainly criticized the OL, but admittedly not as much as Drew for one reason only: I'm not exactly sure yet which players among the starting 5 are to blame. So far I'd say it's the entire interior OL along with the pass protection from Mike Williams...but the cohesiveness/familiarity factor in an OL's play makes this unit harder to grade on a more individual level. By mid season, stay tuned....

The coaching? I'm holding out for the same reason as the OL. They deserve more time, and there is something suspicious when the 2004 team is having pretty much the identical problems as the 2003 team did with Greggo and Killdrive.

TD? Well of course all the blame goes to this guy, but firing or demoting him during the season won't accomplish anything on the field, will it? I'd rather not get to this topic until the offseason officially begins.

And back to bashing Drew? Well he's had a long window of opportunity already, and yet still people are bending over backwards to justify his putrid productivity. I certainly acknowledge the progress he's made this season in generally getting rid of the ball quicker. Other than that, however, it's basically the same old Drew since week 3 last year and onward. I'm tired of losing, but I'm even more tired of checking TBD to read all these posts about how we're "supposed" to be a low-scoring offense now and how 10 average points from a salary-cap hogging, rocket-armed QB is just fine as long as he doesn't throw more than a couple interceptions or cough up a couple fumbles per game anymore.

Give me a break. If Bledsoe's jersey read "Johnson," none of the Bledsoe Apologists would be apologizing for our QB for the same offensive production. Don't believe me? Post Rob Johnson's stats and Drew's side by side, and read the denigrating remarks towards Rob (and rightfully so) while Bledsoe gets the free pass...because it's happened here before. And to further divert the attention from the eery statistical similarities, the BA's will proceed with their standard inflammatory name-calling.

Peace.

Again, the NFL does not keep "dropped pass" records. Other organizations may but that doesn't mean I have to believe them. I think your point is that if Matt Hasselback could do it last season, why couldn't Drew...well didn't Matt have a healthy set of receivers all season? Didn't Drew have a gimpy Moulds and no other viable option? Everybody was bad last season including Drew. Let me ask you something...when does Travis Henry get some of this Bledsoe Bashing anger? Oh that's right, his "s" don't stink. Bench Drew, I saw him tripping Travis Henry! We have a runningback who can't freakin run and people are bashing Drew Bledsoe! It's a sad day when football knowledge takes a back seat here.

:(

56459[/snapback]

I say we need to call "billsfanone" ostrich?

Again, how many times this season have you bashed Drew, while giving Henry, who is playing FAR worse, a comparitive free pass, and why?

56323[/snapback]

Maybe I seem to be giving Henry one because he's still young and I still feel like he can learn to be an adequate pass blocker. Henry has made progress since his rookie year (specifically in not fumbling and in catching the ball out of the backfield), while Bledsoe has slowly gotten worse over the past 5-6 years. Henry also costs us a lot less and isn't as important to an offense as the QB.

OK I don't know if I completely buy what I just typed since I definitely don't feel Henry deserves a free pass....you seem to be doing an excellent job of criticizing Henry on your own. Do you really need my help in making your point any clearer? :(

I've said all I probably needed to say about Drew; you all know how I stand on this subject. So in the meantime I will try to stop with the anti-Drew negativity and just let the season play out.

Maybe I seem to be giving Henry one because he's still young and I still feel like he can learn to be an adequate pass blocker. Henry has made progress since his rookie year (specifically in not fumbling and in catching the ball out of the backfield), while Bledsoe has slowly gotten worse over the past 5-6 years. Henry also costs us a lot less and isn't as important to an offense as the QB.

OK I don't know if I completely buy what I just typed since I definitely don't feel Henry deserves a free pass....you seem to be doing an excellent job of criticizing Henry on your own. Do you really need my help in making your point any clearer? :angry:

I've said all I probably needed to say about Drew; you all know how I stand on this subject. So in the meantime I will try to stop with the anti-Drew negativity and just let the season play out.

56570[/snapback]

Please dont stop because of me. I was trying to point out that while you are correct, Henry is another huge problem. The difference is, we are led to believe that there is a replacement for Travis. A number one draft pick to boot.

Otoh, Shane Mathews has been in the league for many years, and has never been any good. When Losman comes back, let's see what happens. Meanwhile, can we PLEASE see more of MaGahee? A lot more.

Did i say he played badly yesterday?

Let me go check my original post. . .

Nope, I didnt.

He played above average yesterday. Not really happy about him throwing the ball right to a pat, or not realizing the last play wouldnt work, but I cant really complain about that.

Sorry if his slightly above mediocre play yesterday didnt make up for his 22 out of 26 previous AWFUL games. 

55731[/snapback]

Stevestojan.....Perfect response to the blind man.....Lets face it--this was a good game for Drew--and he still screwed it up...and did NOTHING dynamic or interesting or quick thinking to lead his team.I wish Drew wasn't such a likable/good guy.

If so, can you PLEASE do one of the following?:

1) Go into his home while he is sleeping and blow a huge bong hit into his face.  Then call the league office and say who have good reason to belive old statue is smoking dope.

2) Save your self one step and just hide some crack in his gym bag.

3) Pay him to read a script for your new Public Service Announcment for like: "I ask all the people of Buffalo who have the time and resources (you know who you are) to come out and help. This is a worthwhile cause and will take less than an hour of your time. You are a great community and if we all pitch in to help pick up some garbage and clean up the city, we can get back to our glory days, to a point where the site of it just blows people away"

Then edit it for release to the press, of course.

See, this way, Old Teflon doesnt have to give a reason for benching or firing his ass, the problem will just take care of itself.

Thanks in advance.

55711[/snapback]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, over 8000 posts in 1 year and 1 month, approximatley 20 per day. You are a dweeb, yes you are funny 1 out of 100 maybe , but wow,,, you are the internet generation,personified!!!,, Dude, you need to get a life!! I realize you do most of it during your work hours... and I'm sure you are on the fast track to the good life !!

No wonder you can't get any POONANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't get your hands off the keyboard to get what counts..

Thanks in advance. :angry:;):angry::angry:

Because people here are still expressing satisfaction with Drew's play in the past 3 games. I, of course, disagree with this satisfaction. And as long as there are the grounds for discourse, I will debate. That's what people often do on these sports-related internet message boards.

56546[/snapback]

If somebody wants to start waving the "bench Drew Bledsoe" flag after watching that kinetically challenged player (aka Travis Henry) fall down in the red zone during crunch time then I will call him on his football intelligence every single time. It's what's called adding a "reply". Calling for the head of Drew Bledsoe and not of Travis Henry's just goes to show how unintelligent some fans are on this board. I'm looking foward to seeing JP get a chance once we are out of it, but this Bledsoe bashing is old, tired and not even relavent this season.

If so, can you PLEASE do one of the following?:

1) Go into his home while he is sleeping and blow a huge bong hit into his face. Then call the league office and say who have good reason to belive old statue is smoking dope.

2) Save your self one step and just hide some crack in his gym bag.

3) Pay him to read a script for your new Public Service Announcment for like: "I ask all the people of Buffalo who have the time and resources (you know who you are) to come out and help. This is a worthwhile cause and will take less than an hour of your time. You are a great community and if we all pitch in to help pick up some garbage and clean up the city, we can get back to our glory days, to a point where the site of it just blows people away"

Then edit it for release to the press, of course.

See, this way, Old Teflon doesnt have to give a reason for benching or firing his ass, the problem will just take care of itself.

Have ANY of your posts EVER made any sense?

Have you EVER added a grain of intellect to the content of your posts?

8 thousand something posts and you somehow feel more self-important by

jumping on the anti-Bledsoe bandwagon cuz it givves you a chance to be part of

some kind of cruel club. It's the "my candle burns brighter when I blow someone elses out" club.

Man you're as coool as it gets.

8 thousand something posts and you somehow feel more self-important by

jumping on the anti-Bledsoe bandwagon cuz it givves you a chance to be part of

some kind of cruel club.  It's the "my candle burns brighter when I blow someone elses out" club. 

Man you're as coool as it gets.

Did someone send you to your room without dessert? Wow - Im just some guy you will probably never meet on a (in the big scheme of things) very unimportant internet message board.

Please, don't let my petty little posts get you upset. Go hug your kids, make a cake, sniff some glue, whatever makes you happy - because you really dont need to be another one of the jokers that follows me around post to post. Really, I like your posts, and I dont feel like arguing with you for no reason.

I dont like Bledsoe. I decided to make a differet post. ALOT of people responded and we discussed today. Something a "discussion board" is for.

So really, your personal attacks don't do anything to me - they really dont. Once everyone realizes that, and realizes there are exactly 9 people whose opinion of me I give a rats ass about on here, everything will be fine.

Think about the fact that you got upset with a guy making multiple posts about a pro QB. Silly, isnt it?

Almost as silly as me posting them.

It'll be ok.

Now, go listen to "we are the world" and have a chai tea. It will relax ya.