Spikes injury / Ellison

RuntheDamnBall

Haggan did not look great out there in Takeo's stead and was quickly yanked in favor of Ellison. Keith looked OK, about as OK as Crowell did last year filling in. He's not a game-changer like TKO and that shows when our defense is on the field. Ellison looks to get time in this week if TKO is out. It's probably something to think about in the future in terms of our depth -- whether that means Ellison proves to be a 7th round gem or Haggan is another ST hero who is a liability in the rest of the game, meaning we need to draft a higher-round replacement.

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

That's because teams leading in tackles have defenses that are on the field a lot. Which gave Ellison some experience. He notched 10 tackles, 7 assists, tying London Fletcher and Terrence McGee. This week, at weakside (Crowell will switch to SLB which is Chambers' side), he'd be likely watching Ronnie Brown and covering Booker's side. We'll see--our guys are gaining valuable experience which will pay off down the road.

Questionable.

I have an inkling he'll be out there unless they really think it'll be to his detriment.  We need him to be a winner, and he wants to be a winner.

773864[/snapback]

God I hope he can play on Sunday ! He is the difference maker ! We would have won in NE if he played the whole game !

I really don't think that Spikes is going to play--I want him to play but I don't want him to play if there is a possibility that the injury becomes worse.

Remember last year when he said he knew that there was something wrong in his heel and that the injury could have been prevented.

Also, I wouldn't mind the Defense playing some good ball and hopefully inspiring TKO to get back there and be the leader of a good young defense.